IF no big hurdles then Thailand will continue to open up in December, says aide, Thailand Pass sorted today

webfact

My flight is 12/6 and my computer savvy son and I are going to start on the TP (which is a plumbing trades term for... well, you know) on the 15th. I'm going to be pizzed as hades if we jump through all the hoops and then everything changes for people arriving the following month. But I guess this is the miracle we all have been waiting for--a recognition of reality by the powers-that-be.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

he saw no reason why the country could not open up more from December 1st.

Perhaps he should look to neighboring Cambodia which has now opened up but with public health regulations. From the 1st November 2021, the alcohol ban was lifted for beer gardens and restaurants, with no time restrictions. Museums and Art Galleries etc. re-opened.  Starting after 30th November 2021:- (yippee!!)

"The Ministry of Tourism has informed all capital/provincial governors about the preparations and implementation of tourism safety rules and minimum standard operating procedures (SOPs) for reopening of KTVs and Nightclubs after November 30, 2021. (also included are karaoke and beer bars, also discos.)"

Full report:-

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50969238/ministry-of-tourism-tells-capital-provincial-governors-to-prepare-to-reopen-ktvs-and-nightclubs-after-november-30th/

Land borders with Thailand, Laos and Vietnam remain closed to tourists, but are partly open for legal migrant workers and International trade (container trucks for example).

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

Blah blah blah tourism this tourism that.. everybody talks about tourism while on the other hand doing all they can to make coming to Thailand as  cumbersome and costly exercise, this is NOT what a country that wants tourists to come by the millions dose...

Perhaps, in a round about subliminal manner that's what they're attempting. Ridding of the false notions that blah blah blah tourism is that important or influential [false dependency]. 

Time to change gears and move on to more substantial and subsistent. 

• Haha 1

Once again a whole lot of rubbish emanating from government sources. There will be no yourist visiting here now the dolts have announced that bars, alcohol in restaurants, nightclibs etc will remain closed until mid January at the EARLIEST! This country is a total shambles, international tourism operators are beyond frustrated, and individual tourists are simply not going to waste their time jumping through numerous hurdles only to find a graveyard when they arrive here.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stargeezr said:

Yes in December the government will allow watered down beer for all the lucky travelers.  Yahoo...

Should be a great holiday for all the brave people.

Geezer

Then don't go.  If already there then move to Mexico or Indonesia instead.  What am I missing?

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Then don't go.  If already there then move to Mexico or Indonesia instead.  What am I missing?

Your obviously not the sharpest tool in the box because this forum is an exchange of views on Thailand past and present.

For many of us that know Thailand well, we are expressing a frustration about the authorities ability to mess up everything from vaccine procurement, vaccine roll out and the unnecessary admin and possible forced incarceration if we wish to return.

You may see Thailand as a perfect utopia devoid of any faults. Most don't.

However, i am happy to leave you in your blissful ignorance.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PranBuriThai said:

Your obviously not the sharpest tool in the box because this forum is an exchange of views on Thailand past and present.

For many of us that know Thailand well, we are expressing a frustration about the authorities ability to mess up everything from vaccine procurement, vaccine roll out and the unnecessary admin and possible forced incarceration if we wish to return.

You may see Thailand as a perfect utopia devoid of any faults. Most don't.

However, i am happy to leave you in your blissful ignorance.

I see.  So you just want to share opinions how anything and everything about Thailand sucks, always and forever.  That's TOTALLY different.  My bad.

Walk me through this complete mess by the authorities making Thailand a living hell worse than Afghanistan where nothing works ever.  Where they have somehow managed to give out close to 100,000,000 vaccinations.  More than many other countries around them.  Or are you going to try call that fake news like you people do with every other inconvenient statistic?

Edited by shdmn