Thailand reports 7,305 new COVID-19 cases, 51 deaths and 7,900 recoveries

webfact

32 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Not cynics, the realists without the rose tinted glasses and distorting facts. I thought Thailand would be 70% fully vaccinated by December? 

I still didn't get a response on how many tests does Thailand do? I suppose that statistic deserves a well done too.

By December? If you are referring to me, I believe i said by the end of the year but if you have where I posted “by December” then feel free to show me and I will happily accept it  

As for the second part. Look for yourself it’s relatively simple, or if you’re struggling ask one of the forum Covid experts we are fortunate to have on here and I’m sure they can assist you. 

Once you have the numbers you can post them yourself. It’s a really easy concept whereby you post what you want and others do the same. 

You will get used to it. Don’t worry too much. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

ooops, so much for relaxing those restrictions then

Reopening of bars and nightclubs pushed to mid-January 2022

It’s going to be at least two months until you’ll be able to legally drink a beer at a bar in Thailand… The long-awaited reopening of bars and nightlife venues has been pushed to January 15, 2022.  The CCSA held a general meeting chaired by PM Prayut Chan-o-cha today and decided to push back the reopening date for entertainment venues. Alcohol sales at restaurants is now only allowed in areas classified as “blue zones” including Bangkok and Phuket.

https://thethaiger.com/?p=431127

Crazy.  At least we can have wine with our hotel Christmas buffet lunch but why it can't be extended to places like Pattaya and Hua Hin, I have no idea.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Crazy.  At least we can have wine with our hotel Christmas buffet lunch but why it can't be extended to places like Pattaya and Hua Hin, I have no idea.

And with no financial aid given yet again for all those business owners, staff and dependents

8 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Plenty of time for wriggle room yet. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

True.  All they need to do is change provinces to 'blue'!  I suspect they'll see what the reaction is like, and then give an early Christmas present to the entertainment industry.

Changing the colors will not change the issue of the children younger than 11 still doing on-line classes, which will take it's toll I fear.  Covid has sure created an issue and I have been told that a few of the private schools are going under.  There was an OP running on that last week.

14 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Plenty of time for wriggle room yet. 

That is your perspective and friends in the entertainment industry are very concerned that this will be the 2nd year of poor Christmas tidings.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

True.  All they need to do is change provinces to 'blue'!  I suspect they'll see what the reaction is like, and then give an early Christmas present to the entertainment industry.

Good thinking. ????

8 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

You are struggling with the difference between the words  “should” and “will” so nobody proved anybody wrong. 

Appreciate you’re trying really hard to be part of the like group, but maybe trying a little too hard. 

That’s cool coz I didn’t expect you to acknowledge you were wrong that would never do, your post stands as is.

• Like 2

The government announced that starting in December, unvaccinated foreigners will now only receive the free mixed-dose model with one dose of Sinovac, then AstraZeneca as a second dose. Thais in outbreak areas and students will be given two Pfizer jabs. (1/2)

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1459105628824084483

Locals in other provinces will have the choice of receiving a first dose of AstraZeneca, then Pfizer for their second dose or two doses of AstraZeneca. 2/2)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

The government announced that starting in December, unvaccinated foreigners will now only receive the free mixed-dose model with one dose of Sinovac, then AstraZeneca as a second dose. Thais in outbreak areas and students will be given two Pfizer jabs. (1/2)

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1459105628824084483

Locals in other provinces will have the choice of receiving a first dose of AstraZeneca, then Pfizer for their second dose or two doses of AstraZeneca. 2/2)

Wow that's a shocker.  I thought they were done with the Sinovac, did they happen to acquire more in light of saying they would not, or did it just arrive under cover of darkness from China with a group of tourists. The Pfizer they have was donated if I remember and they have yet to receive the doses they supposedly bought.  Maybe I am completely wrong with the way I remember this, but I am pretty sure they said they would not purchase anymore Sinovac.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kadilo said:

By December? If you are referring to me, I believe i said by the end of the year

I always knew you are a second language learner which is not derogatory by any means. But it explains a lot and especially your posts.

What job do you do in Isaan, I truly wonder!????.

Why not just be honest and explain your motives!

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wow that's a shocker.  I thought they were done with the Sinovac, did they happen to acquire more in light of saying they would not, or did it just arrive under cover of darkness from China with a group of tourists. The Pfizer they have was donated if I remember and they have yet to receive the doses they supposedly bought.  Maybe I am completely wrong with the way I remember this, but I am pretty sure they said they would not purchase anymore Sinovac.

BANGKOK — The government said it will not place orders for further shipments of Sinovac vaccines once the current supply runs out later this month, since health authorities will now switch to a combination of AstraZeneca and Pfizer doses instead

Report dated 19 October 2021

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2021/10/19/no-more-sinovac-orders-after-current-batch-runs-out-govt-says/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Why the blatant discrimination here? A choice for local Thai's of the more efficient vaccines and no choice for foreigners with the only option the less efficient vaccine as first dose? 

I'm pretty sure when the US and UK and any other countries will have a rethink to any further free donations that have not already been committed to based on this inequality and clear xenophobia.

Shooting themselves in the foot yet again at a time when Thailand is desperate for foreign tourists and expats to spend money over here.

In all fairness up until now it was the other way around  foreigners could choose what vaccine they  wanted and the Thais were given no choice, just take what was given to them. Any foreigner who wanted a vaccine should of gotten one long before now.foreigners in the Pattaya area got to sit in a nice air-con shopping mall while Thais were sent over to a football stadium to be vaccinated. The vaccine roll-out for farang was very well done in Pattaya. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

In all fairness up until now it was the other way around  foreigners could choose what vaccine they  wanted and the Thais were given no choice, just take what was given to them. Any foreigner who wanted a vaccine should of gotten one long before now.foreigners in the Pattaya area got to sit in a nice air-con shopping mall while Thais were sent over to a football stadium to be vaccinated. The vaccine roll-out for farang was very well done in Pattaya. 

Not the case in Phuket, foreigners were never given a choice, the majority here including all international teachers had Sinovac. 

When I got AZ there were also plenty of Thai's and Burmese in the queue that was in Patong, Jungceylon a car park.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Changing the colors will not change the issue of the children younger than 11 still doing on-line classes, which will take it's toll I fear.  Covid has sure created an issue and I have been told that a few of the private schools are going under.  There was an OP running on that last week.

My 6-year-old goes back to school on Monday as do most schools in Bangkok.  I had assumed that, thankfully and belatedly, all schools were reopening for all ages?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

My 6-year-old goes back to school on Monday as do most schools in Bangkok.  I had assumed that, thankfully and belatedly, all schools were reopening for all ages?

Unfortunately not the school the 7 year old daughter goes to. Still online.  A travesty is what it is. Covid has destroyed the education system. Today's school work dumped online took us over 8 hours to get the daughter through it. Guess they wanted them to work on it over the weekend.....

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Unfortunately not the school the 7 year old daughter goes to. Still online.  A travesty is what it is. Covid has destroyed the education system. Today's school work dumped online took us over 8 hours to get the daughter through it. Guess they wanted them to work on it over the weekend.....

I'm gutted for you.  I had assumed that all schools (in Bangkok anyway) were reopening from Monday, with some having opened last week.

7 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm gutted for you.  I had assumed that all schools (in Bangkok anyway) were reopening from Monday, with some having opened last week.

Just the upper grades who have been vaccinated for now at her school....sucks

15 hours ago, mtraveler said:

I'm not sure if anyone has noted this before, but on the graph for the 7 day rolling average of cases, it says:

"Due to limited testing, the number of confirmed cases is lower than the true number of infections."  

To all those who call us doomsayers, perhaps we're not so "doomy" after all.  

Not doomy but gloomy.

• Thanks 1