Applying for Elite visa with prior overstay

Depending on which page Google takes you to the rules are unclear - one say no history of overstay, another say no more than two overstays, one said none in three years and some forum posts mention five years - any idea which it is?

I overstayed by a number of months in 2014, paid the fine and returned a few days later, I was then on working visa/permit. I cant recall if I overstay by 2-3 days in 2015 too or if that was in 2014, and a few overstays by days in 2012, either way more than 5 years ago, and new passports since.

Any experience of applying for TE with a buried history of overstay? I know people like to chant that the computers have it all linked up, but I've never found this to be the case, otherwise the times I have been questioned at length to purpose no one has ever mentioned overstay.

It will obviously be a question I ask TE when applying but I want to make sure I'm not setting fire to this money based on the salesman advice

It is generally believed that historical overstays (pre 2016) will not be an issue when applying for an Elite membership. However, as always, it is up to Immigration when your application is considered.

At least, you do not need to part with any money before finding out if your application has been rejected.

• Like 1