TM 6 scrapped?

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That would be news to me. TM6 is required.

With covid on the scene, I last entered Thailand on 16/03/2020.

With reentry permit. Naturally I was given the TM6 stub after the io took the arrival part of the card.

Since then I have done extensions and obtained certificate of residence to obtain Thai DL and other things not to mention 90 day reports. ALL required TM6.

Well , since the big boss gave me a new one , it must be necessary and I can only assume that it was overlooked at swampy and I have to say that I do not recall filling one in , bit of a mystery .

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

True but many including myself do not have online option and is required for mail and in person.

The TM6 # is also required on your online application, however if done previously the TM6 # would be in drop down. 

Yes just about everything in my and my wife's applications drop down now, unless I've decided to clear the browser history recently and forgotten to except this! 

4 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

Yes just about everything in my and my wife's applications drop down now, unless I've decided to clear the browser history recently and forgotten to except this! 

Not really the point. If you can do 90 report online then fine. 

However you require TM6 for many interactions with immigration as listed in thread.

Regarding online reporting MANY folk do not have online option.

In addition the online system has crashes in the past and some not brief.

I can’t see the point of the TM6, does anyone ever collate all the info on them, if you loses the departure section you complete a new one. If the information was ever collated from the original one which I doubt very much how could they match them up ?

When entering the U.K. pre Covid they stopped issuing the arrival card.

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not really the point. If you can do 90 report online then fine. 

However you require TM6 for many interactions with immigration as listed in thread.

Regarding online reporting MANY folk do not have online option.

In addition the online system has crashes in the past and some not brief.

It was the point of my comment, actually. I made the point, in reply to the no doubt true statement that the poster was turned away from his IO because he had no physical TM6, which was that you don't need to produce your TM6 to do a 90 day report, if you can do it online. That WAS my point. I didn't say a TM6 hard copy isn't needed for other transanctions, I didn't say that everyone can do the 90 day report online (eg. if they have left it too late). Simple, no? 

4 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Why, I've lost my TM6 twice now. Just grabbed a new one from airline check in and filled it out. Wasn't a problem

This is actually true. But might be an issue making extension, 90 day reports before online was cancelled

6 hours ago, Moonlover said:

That happened 4 years ago, 2 years before the announcement that I was referring to.

I don't know about the announcements 2 years ago and I don't remember when the tm for Thais was scraped. But about 2 months ago upon returning to Thailand the cabin crew handed out tm cards for non Thais

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:
10 hours ago, Moonlover said:

What usual Songkran carnage?

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

You serioius?

Yes I am. I've watched the statistics for years and there is little difference between the numbers of accidents and deaths during Songkran and the rest of the year. It's a complete myth.

The seven dangerous days myth

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1

Just now, Moonlover said:

Yes I am. I've watching the statistics for years and there is little difference between the numbers of accidents and deaths during Songkran and the rest of the year. It's a complete myth.

The seven dangerous days myth

Absolutely correct.

Often the dangerous days deaths are lower than the 70 per day annual average.

• Thanks 1

TM6 will not be scrapped. Thai just love photocopying tons of documents to keep Thai people employed.

- TM6

- TM30

- 90 days report

All these are really redundant in this digital age, why do they need these to do our visa extensions?

Edited by EricTh

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Not having a TM6 for departure means nothing. In fact the airport staff have tm6 cards with them to hand out to folk that have lost them.

Many folk coming to Thailand are not tourists. Some live here and some come for extended stay.

Things such as filing a  90 report.

Obtaining Drivers license, Certificate of residence, extensions, etc....

Almost anything that involves immigration will require a copy of your TM6.

In fact if it's lost technically you are supposed to file police report to show immigration (most likely not enforced. Can be) 

Heck think you will even require it to open bank account. 

So YES it's required.

Only the most insane immigration offices enforce the police report for lost tm6... cough samut prakan..

Not a problem at CW

Edited by asiam110

34 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:
2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Yes I am. I've watched the statistics for years and there is little difference between the numbers of accidents and deaths during Songkran and the rest of the year. It's a complete myth.

34 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Its not a myth that they make the announcements after Songkran.

They might make 'the announcements' but they have never been borne out by the actual statistics. Did you read the Citylife article that I posted?

7 hours ago, Moonlover said:

They might make 'the announcements' but they have never been borne out by the actual statistics. Did you read the Citylife article that I posted?

With respect, no I didn't - this thread is about TM6.  When I referred to Songkran I was merely relating the announcement of the scrapping of TM 6 cards a while back to the plethora of announcements that are made following almost every Songkran that I can remember - none of which seem to actually get further than the PM's mouth.

27 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

I used to do reporting online but since the long outage I can no longer do it as it always returns at the end of page 1 go to your local office

Same here because immigration hasn’t updated my last extension date so the website/app has me on overstay since 27th September.

if you try the mobile app it will show you if your latest extension is registered with them or not. 

4 hours ago, KhaoYai said:
11 hours ago, Moonlover said:

4 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

With respect, no I didn't - this thread is about TM6.  When I referred to Songkran I was merely relating the announcement of the scrapping of TM 6 cards a while back to the plethora of announcements that are made following almost every Songkran that I can remember - none of which seem to actually get further than the PM's mouth.

Well, with respect, if you had said something a little more expressive than You serioius?' (sic), I might have comprehended your true meaning. ????

On 11/14/2021 at 9:54 AM, Mike Teavee said:

Same here because immigration hasn’t updated my last extension date so the website/app has me on overstay since 27th September.

if you try the mobile app it will show you if your latest extension is registered with them or not. 

My last extension was in April, with 90 day reports in person during May, August and November, all could not be done online, therefore I assume they are not updating the DB