TM 6 scrapped?

16 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

“Thailand Pass” is Covid & Travel status only. Replaces Embassy COE.Not Immigration. Supports & Supplements Unchanged Immigration Process.TM6 is Immigration Arrival & Departure Form. TM6 Enabled by TP & Separate Visa Status. 

I know; however, I believe they announced that the Thailand Pass would faciliate the filling of TM6 and T8, and I believe the T8 is history now - they didn't want to see that when I arrived November 2nd on a COE. They did want the TM 6, though, so I was curious if that was because I arrived on a COE or if they will require that as usual. I guess that you and Dancer57 answered that, thanks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

@Madgee . So I take time to post what I think is accurate info regarding TM6 and you give laugh emoji. 

Please enlighten us with your view on TM6 requirements.

Well DrJ, for someone who posts a lot on immigration issues I thought you would know better.

A TM6 is important for extending your permit to stay or in changing your visa status in Thailand.

I've never encountered any other use for it. 

Just saying. 

Have a great day! 

• Confused 2

17 hours ago, farang51 said:

As far as I understand, the TM 6 form should be history

You are correct, it went out the window, but not for anyone else than Thai's.

I recall the last time we returned from an holiday overseas holiday in October 2018 that I filled in the TM6 forms for the family and when we got to immigration cubical at the airport, the IO took the wife's and kids TM6 forms and as he put them in the bin.

He said to the wife that new rules means Thai's don't need to fill them in, so I made a note to remember not to fill theirs in on return from our next trip, only mine.

The above said, I do hope the wife reminds me when the time comes.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/30326711

18 hours ago, Moonlover said:

They announced the scrapping of the TM6 about 2 years ago!

Goodbye TM6

18 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

They might have announced it but it was never scrapped.  Commonly known as an Arrival/Departure card, its format changed a few years ago but it's still supposed to be stapled into your passport and the number is required for 90-day reporting etc.

It was scraped. For Thai citizens. 

25 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

Not required online 

True but many including myself do not have online option and is required for mail and in person.

The TM6 # is also required on your online application, however if done previously the TM6 # would be in drop down. 

Edited by DrJack54

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Not having a TM6 for departure means nothing. In fact the airport staff have tm6 cards with them to hand out to folk that have lost them.

Many folk coming to Thailand are not tourists. Some live here and some come for extended stay.

Things such as filing a  90 report.

Obtaining Drivers license, Certificate of residence, extensions, etc....

Almost anything that involves immigration will require a copy of your TM6.

In fact if it's lost technically you are supposed to file police report to show immigration (most likely not enforced. Can be) 

Heck think you will even require it to open bank account. 

So YES it's required.

I returned to Thailand 2 months ago and went to renew my D/L . The I/O said where is the tm6 in your pp . Well to be honest I hadn't noticed it was not there . Long story short , he would not help unless I had the tm6 .       My lady went into see the big boss who simply printed another one and all ended       happily ever after . However , I have since been told that because I entered Thailand on a re-entry permit , no tm6 was required and so there was not one attached to my pp . All rather confusing . Maybe Ubon Joe knows the rule on this ?

11 minutes ago, superal said:

I have since been told that because I entered Thailand on a re-entry permit , no tm6 was required and so there was not one attached to my pp

That would be news to me. TM6 is required.

With covid on the scene, I last entered Thailand on 16/03/2020.

With reentry permit. Naturally I was given the TM6 stub after the io took the arrival part of the card.

Since then I have done extensions and obtained certificate of residence to obtain Thai DL and other things not to mention 90 day reports. ALL required TM6.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

TM8 is the form used for applying for a Re-Entry stamp at immigration. Completely different beast from TM6 and still needed when you need a Re-Entry stamp.

I think they mean the T8 a health questionnaire you complete on arrival.