Walking - Jogging...... What do you do?

dingdongrb

He doesn’t jog with traffic he jogs against traffic….that is the proper way though I thinks much more dangerous here b/c drivers aren’t taught to respect bicycles walkers pedestrians etc…drivers are not taught to share the road…

I would never walk on the actually road here….it belongs to vehicles

On 11/12/2021 at 11:58 PM, dingdongrb said:

I live in a nice large moo-ban (Banwangtan). I walk and jog almost daily (unless it rains). When doing so I always walk or jog facing the oncoming traffic.

I live in a quiet enough village with the adjoining villages being 5km apart.

Previously I used to use my treadmill and mix it up with walking and jogging HIT as they call it, well with everything, it does become boring after a while, but it does it's job.

For the last 3 months I have been riding from village to village and usually go around 4pm and ride for an hour, that time is good as the sun isn't strong and I can still get a tan.

I ride on the same side of the road as the traffic, but when climbing hills will go on the opposite side of the road to see the oncoming traffic, if any and when a car is approaching, I make my way back across before they reach me, on the straights I always turn around every 15 or so seconds just to make sure I am not going to be up for a squeezed sandwich if cars are heading in the same direction as they approach me, as being on the outside lane would be enough, so I would slow down so I am not there when they meet passing each other.

There have been some issues with some Soi dogs, but nothing that drinking water thrown at them and a loud voice to deter them, I am not into kicking dogs, but if I have to, I will get off the bike and give them some Muay Thai if they still want to have a go ????

Edited by 4MyEgo