Sandbox (Pattaya)

Dancer57

23 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

I see they have a manhunt on currently in Australia for a woman who escaped from hotel quarantine. The Fascist Aussie government and law enforcement agencies will move mountains to apprehend her and find her guilty of thoughtcrime - somehow I can't see the RTP mobilizing heaven and earth to track down the OP, especially if the only rule he broke was an imaginary one put in place by the hotel manager.

If somebody breaks quarantine rules and imagine that person being positive , infecting others , making a country going in lockdown due to many cases ... forcing business to shut down , and disrupting the daily life of many , would it not be logic that there are very very strong actions needed ?

99% prob she is negative , and prob nothing will happen . But the quarantine is there for a reason , it is not a choice to follow or not .

This is not about the right or wrong for a quarantine , but saying "Fascist Aussie" are very strong words , and i think many people will agree on fleeing quarantine being a serious matter .

7 minutes ago, sezze said:

If somebody breaks quarantine rules and imagine that person being positive , infecting others , making a country going in lockdown due to many cases

I believe a friend of mine in Perth cited something like that happening relating to some guy having come from India.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

There were presumably terms and conditions on his being allowed into the country, and I expect he would be in breach of those should he check out from the hotel early.

Absolutely right Jacko

Plus I have been told by management this is required by MOPH (ministry of public health) so no doubt one of the many conditions that AQ and SHA hotels have to comply with.

BTW I have now been given a later time so it was worth enquiring.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I would presume the hotel would pass on the person's details to immigration police and report them as AWOL.

When I did my sandbox in Phuket two months ago the hotel issued a release form confirming I've fulfilled the sandbox requirements.

• Like 1