Thailand’s air traffic increases 25% during the first ten days of November

Jonathan Fairfield

F0707207-E401-4EC9-9AAC-3005D8A6BA97.jpeg

Air traffic in and over Thailand, during the ten days following the reopening of the country to foreign arrivals on November 1st, was 25% percent higher than in October, averaging 990 flights a day, including overflights, according to Aeronautical Radio of Thailand Company (Aerothai).

2,243 international, 6,651 domestic and 1,025 overflights through Thai air space were recorded.

Aerothai executive vice president Tinnagorn Choowong said that the figures represent a good sign that traffic will further increase for the rest of the year.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-air-traffic-increases-25-during-the-first-ten-days-of-november/

Logo-top-.png

I think most would rather take the overflight somewhere else than to risk landing here now.

Wait until Thailand is actually open without the closures, restrictions, delays, insurance, PCR quarantine jail risk, and all the other hurdles remaining for international tourism.

Perhaps they will figure it out and be ready in a year from now.

Very few are going to come that don't have long term connections to Thailand.

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/pattaya-has-2500-foreign-visitors-and-counting-379139

Yesterday's announcement about entertainment not reopening until mid January ensured another round of cancellations.

So much for the high season the deluded optimists forecast.

1 hour ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

including overflights.

o·ver·flight
/ˈōvərˌflīt/

noun
plural noun: overflights
  1. a flight of an aircraft over a particular area.
    "a resumption of overflights across each other's territory"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

if I hit a nerve it must have been from someone not understanding a sarcastic post that was insightful as well as positive.  A positively insightful sarcastic sentence all in one.

Hilarious, your post may have been many things,

'Pretty easy to do when it was very low to begin with. '

If you think that is insightful, your bar is very low ????????. Anymore words of wisdom before bed? ???????????? Beats counting sheep!

Edited by sungod
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

In that same period there was a total of 30,538 incoming passengers on those 2,243 flights making a median average of 13.7 ish people per plane

And thats if you in any way believe there figures. For the record I dont. Didnt know airlines had a charity operation now flying at massive losses. Learn something everday !  

9 hours ago, PranBuriThai said:

Airlines have given up 80% of their landing slots until Q2 2022 at the earliest.

That's the only figure that matters.

Logically, that's when many carriers expect to be bouncing back into full gear worldwide. 

It's already a bit of a industry understanding. 

10 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

In that same period there was a total of 30,538 incoming passengers on those 2,243 flights making a median average of 13.7 ish people per plane

Do they distinguish between passenger flights and cargo flights?

• Like 1

There ya go....

I imagine it does make for easier travel. 

Less a_ssholes on the flight. 

During the COE/ASQ 14-day quarantine period, I commuted a couple of times in a period of 6 months.

All flights were nearly empty then - probably hasn't changed much.

• Like 2

My guess is that 2,243 "international" figure includes both arriving and departing aircraft.

And who knows how they are counting code-shares, cargo, military, private?

I counted 45 international arrivals (passenger) for yesterday, SBIA/BKK only. Maybe another 20 cargo.

I was actually quite surprised at the results, easily double what I would have expected.

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Only if the passengers are in actual seats and not stored in the cargo hold either in the deep freeze section or in a cage waiting to get home to family.

Been a few flights were certain families should have been caged.

• Like 1