Used thai lanuage books

earthscar

I am flummoxed. I have been attempting to find a used bookstore that carries books in the thai language novels. Ideally w/ translated international books My GF is a veracious book reader and my wallet can't handle her book a ay habit O.o

I assumed i would be able to find used bookseller in Bangkok but a quick google and some quires w/ locals and employees at some of the larger bookstores has come up blank. 

has anyone heard of such a store? either here or in Pattaya?

There are tonnes of places available. 

Try searching Google Thailand in Thai language. That's the key - can't expect decent results from English-language searches.

Also Facebook, there are loads of private/commercial book traders and sellers - 

Again - best if one searches by way of Thai script. 

Just from my personal knowledge, there are numerous booksellers [brick and mortar places] of Thai language material.

Five times that many online. 

• Like 1

Chatuchak Market is the biggest place, 

The annual book fair has 2nd hand dealer who has their shop from all over gathered in one place too

but COVID means Chatuchak market is mostly empty, I don't know if the shops that are there are still open most weekend, same with the book fair which was cancelled this year

plenty of facebook group that trade in 2nd hand book in Thais

First thanks for all the responses. I have had horrible luck finding any brick and mortar. When i talk to the locals, either in a store or friends, they all seem to be unaware of any brick and mortar stores that offer used Thai translated novels. 

the GF really enjoys the translated novels such as Harry Potter, maze runner, game of thrones etc. she went through the whole harry potter series in a few weeks so any way i can find to save a baht or two i'm all for. It saddens me greatly that they dont seem to have the library system we have in the states.Even Amazon's offering seem to be sparse.

Any ideas on what to search for on facebook/online for said used thai translated novels? I'm not much of a facebook user and my quick search using english as the base language in the search came up less then useful. 

Is thai a difficult language to translate to? i find it odd that even a search on amazon using USA as the region offers very few translated main stream novels. 

Dasa books on Sukhumvit good for Foreign language books. They may have a small selection of Thai books ....can't remember.

https://www.dasabookcafe.com/

A good place for Thai books is Panthip Plaza 2 on Ngam Wong Wahn Road.  Midweek there are book sellers on the 6th or 7th floor ( forget which ) and on weekends a very good second hand flea market on the very top floor. Don't know if this is still happening because of Covid but a good mall for all sorts of things. Nice food court and loads of second hand clothes.....men and womens.