Traveling by car for 10 night domestic holiday in Thailand starting late December 2021

vibration

We have booked a fully refundable 10 night holiday in Thailand where we will travel using our own car from our home in Udonthani to Rayong via Korat (stay 1 night on the way there and back).

During the start of the holiday we will both have had two covid injections (myself 2 Astra Zeneca and my Thai wife 2 Sinopharm) and we will both  have certificates from the Thai Ministry of Health confirming the injections.

My question is if the covid situation in Thailand is as a minimum the same as it is today when we travel are we allowed to travel based on the fact that we have both had the injections and certificates to prove this?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Highly unlikely to have any issues for domestic travel.

I drove from North Thailand to Rayong and back 1200 km and didnt even see any checkpoints.

If you want to be certain and get it from the horses mouth, contact the Amphur in destination.

• Like 2

You have certificates so from my point of view and in my experience in the last four weeks, including a trip down south, keep a hard copy handy as you will never be quite sure who might ask to see it. I WAS stopped twice at police checkpoints to ask if we had been vaccinated and when saying yes, they just let us through without wanting to see proof!

Given existing restrictions and new ones being added from time to time, I can foresee that either Thailand or Provinces within Thailand may require something more so keep your eyes peeled for new announcements.

Only today, a 1st December possibility of the nightlife opening has been put back to a "possible" mid January.

Your planned trip surrounds the New Year period so maybe special added restrictions or maybe even, relaxations, might be implemented.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 8:57 PM, vibration said:

My question is if the covid situation in Thailand is as a minimum the same as it is today when we travel are we allowed to travel based on the fact that we have both had the injections and certificates to prove this?

Considering you've both had double vaccinations you won't have an issue traveling.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 9:29 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

If you're travelling by car you are very unlikely to have to show any type of certificate and there are no checks.  I've travelled frequently by car between Bangkok and Rayong and everything is normal. I can't speak for Korat however, and I always have my vaccination certificate with me, just in case. 

Keep a copy of your Vaccination certificate on your phone.

• Like 1

I travelled by car 3,300 km. from 9th. Nov. to 18th. Nov. Pattaya to Chaiyaphum, Phetchabun, Chiang Rai, Chiang Khong, Phitsanulok and back to Pattaya. I was stopped only once and the officer only asked where I was going. At none of my pre-booked hotels was I ever asked for a certificate of vaccination. However, at a barbecue restaurant in Phitsanulok I was asked for my certificate by the doorman before being allowed to enter.

• Like 1