Domestic travel in Thailand

Joejoejoejoe

I flew BKK to Krabi last Saturday by Thai Smile Air. We had to present vaccination certificates at check-in and the European certs have been accepted. Furthermore you have to fill in a short online form. A link to that form (QR-code) can be found on the Thai Smile website as well as at the airport. It seems that there are different forms depending on the destination. 

Edited by Stefanix

4 minutes ago, Stefanix said:

I flew BKK to Krabi last Saturday by Thai Smile Air. We had to present vaccination certificates at check-in and the European certs have been accepted. Furthermore you have to fill in a short online form. A link to that form (QR-code) can be found on the Thai Smile website as well as at the airport. It seems that there are different forms depending on the destination. 

Did you have to print off or can you show vaccine cert on your phone? Flying to Chiang mai today …..tia 

53 minutes ago, Kevinphall said:

Did you have to print off or can you show vaccine cert on your phone? Flying to Chiang mai today …..tia 

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Didn't you receive a paper certificate after your second vaccination? If so, why would you need a printout?

Obviously they didn't... neither did I.

After my second AZ jab I had to ask one of the people officiating the room for my 600000+ number.

They retrieved it for me using their mobile phone. 

As for a certificate.. nothing!

4 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

After my second AZ jab I had to ask one of the people officiating the room for my 600000+ number.

Did you ask for a paper certificate? Everyone vaccinated in my little village hospital received one. Works every time, far better than an app and far more practical to have. No internet connection required to show it to anyone either.

33 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Did you ask for a paper certificate? Everyone vaccinated in my little village hospital received one. Works every time, far better than an app and far more practical to have. No internet connection required to show it to anyone either.

We were vaccinated at a local municipality building, not a hospital.

No-one received any certificates. The vaccination documents we had were taken and would be uploaded at another location.

We all walked out empty handed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevinphall said:

They wanted to see certs for both jabs at the chech-in. I had only the second on my phone (“2/2”) confirming my complete and valid vaccination. So I had to dig out the paper cert for my first jab. 

33 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

No-one received any certificates. The vaccination documents we had were taken and would be uploaded at another location.

A bit silly that, wasn't it. You really can't beat a paper printout. Just another example of something being done in different ways in different locations. No standardisation.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Same here (Sri Racha municipal hall) & had to wait 3-4 weeks before the details showed up on the website link we were given. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

You ho back a week later to pick up the cert thats what I had to do the number they sent with your appointment email for the 1st jab was used  they type it in and print it off for you

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, malthebluff said:

You ho back a week later to pick up the cert thats what I had to do the number they sent with your appointment email for the 1st jab was used  they type it in and print it off for you

LOL... 

Actually I went back a week later to have the information on my Mor Prom corrected, after a week of waiting for the 2nd jab to load, my surname was wrong, my date of birth was wrong as was the year of my birth...

Oh did I mention my passport number was wrong too.

As for an appointment email there wasn't one, it was an open day for the 1st jab then given a sticker on your passport for the 2nd jab date.

At the vaccination site they took your paperwork, jab you and show you the way out...

No certificate and certainly no printing anything for you on the day.

Everyone walks away empty handed.

7 hours ago, Kevinphall said:

Make a print out of the certificate. I flew Hat Yai - Bangkok and back a week ago and they had no system to scan the QR code on the Health Pass they wanted to see the certificate.

Note that I didn't receive a paper one from the hospital, just the QR code from Mor Prom which takes you to the certificate, this is what I printed out and it was accepted at check-in no problem.

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

After my second Pfizer at Udon Thani I was given a paper certificate when where and with what, click the QR on the same document and a  vax certificate of sorts popped up on my phone.

46 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

LOL... 

Actually I went back a week later to have the information on my Mor Prom corrected, after a week of waiting for the 2nd jab to load, my surname was wrong, my date of birth was wrong as was the year of my birth...

Oh did I mention my passport number was wrong too.

As for an appointment email there wasn't one, it was an open day for the 1st jab then given a sticker on your passport for the 2nd jab date.

At the vaccination site they took your paperwork, jab you and show you the way out...

No certificate and certainly no printing anything for you on the day.

Everyone walks away empty handed.

There would be a 13 digit number on any paper work its needed for the vaccine count  its logged with the government so they must use it. Not sure about why paperwork was wrong as I filled my own in and also did it on mar phrom app. But you can go on the mar phrom and print your certificate yourself so no need to go back. I went back because I not use the app and no printer 

2 hours ago, Stocky said:

Make a print out of the certificate. I flew Hat Yai - Bangkok and back a week ago and they had no system to scan the QR code on the Health Pass they wanted to see the certificate.

Note that I didn't receive a paper one from the hospital, just the QR code from Mor Prom which takes you to the certificate, this is what I printed out and it was accepted at check-in no problem.

Just checked in now and showed her on my mobile she barely looked at it could have been anything ????

21 hours ago, hotchilli said:

So were we but every person was issued a hand written "certificate" at the time of the first jab with a vaccine batch number label applied for both shots, dated and signed off.

This small document has a QR code at bottom right corner but I have not yet found out if it is specific to each one or not. All details are /were transcribed from my pink ID card which is the first time it has been of some practical use.

While it is convenient to have this folded  stashed in my wallet it is paper there will be a limit to life expectancy so I will be seeking the database record anyway.

In your case if you left empty handed how will you access any record without a reference number or something?

19 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

So were we but every person was issued a hand written "certificate" at the time of the first jab with a vaccine batch number label applied for both shots, dated and signed off.

This small document has a QR code at bottom right corner but I have not yet found out if it is specific to each one or not. All details are /were transcribed from my pink ID card which is the first time it has been of some practical use.

While it is convenient to have this folded  stashed in my wallet it is paper there will be a limit to life expectancy so I will be seeking the database record anyway.

In your case if you left empty handed how will you access any record without a reference number or something?

At the end of the 1st jab a small sticky label was attached to my passport with the date for my 2nd jab... that's all that was given.

At my second Jab I took a copy of my passport and had the "Thai form/checklist" regarding any illnesses.

As I checked in at the desk a ticket number was given and attached to this list with AZ 2 written at the top [Astra 2nd jab]

These were taken by the staff while seated waiting to be jabbed. After the injection and 30 minute waiting time we were allowed to go.

We were not issued with anything at this time.

As I exited through the back of the vaccination area I noticed 4 officers sorting out all the paperwork that had been taken into their respective vaccine groups ie S1/S2 [Sinovac] and A1/A2 [Astra] 

I asked one of them about the 60000+ number as I and no-one else seemed to be issued with any information.

She kindly opened her mobile, did some searching using my name and mobile number and after 10 minutes gave me the 600000+ number.

She said wait about one week for the info to be uploaded then open mor phrom and look for the entry.

It is nowthere, both vaccinations including the batch numbers dates etc.

Open the certificate option and again it is there...

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, malthebluff said:

There would be a 13 digit number on any paper work its needed for the vaccine count  its logged with the government so they must use it. Not sure about why paperwork was wrong as I filled my own in and also did it on mar phrom app. But you can go on the mar phrom and print your certificate yourself so no need to go back. I went back because I not use the app and no printer 

Completely opposite at Udon T, everybody walked away with a form of certificate, showing dates and with what you were jabbed. Highly efficient as I commented at the time

7 minutes ago, Almer said:

Completely opposite at Udon T, everybody walked away with a form of certificate, showing dates and with what you were jabbed. Highly efficient as I commented at the time

Same at Chiang Mai Promanada, I walked away with a printed certificate with all the details, and an electronic copy in Mor Prom app. All free of charge and completed during the 30 minute wait.

Edited by BritManToo

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Same at Chiang Mai Promanada, I walked away with a printed certificate with all the details, and an electronic copy in Mor Prom app. All free of charge and completed during the 30 minute wait.

Same same

• Like 1

If I were flying anywhere these days I would be phoning the airline or asking at the departure airport a few days beforehand what are the precise requirements at check in and on arrival at destination, inclding the fine detail, whether original hard copy certificate, printed copy to be lodged or just checked, app on smart phone or picture/document on phone. Seems obvious to me that in the present apparently chaotic and changeable environment you don't want to be relying on what Kevin tld you on the internet anyway.

Personally I carry a copy of my vaccination cert in my wallet at all times.

Nobody has mentioned the Yellow Pass up to the point whare I stopped reading and commented. Is it worthwhile to get it as a smaller version of the paper cert for carrying around?

• Like 1