health check prices and location

johnnyonesock

4 hours ago, dj230 said:

prevention is better than treatment, how else do you monitor your blood sugars, liver enzymes, kidney function, hormone panel, cholesterol levels?

My Doctor requests any needed tests. Not a Thai child who bought her medical degree

The FAA also gets me twice a year.

• Sad 2

If all you want is some blood work done, then the cheapest way is to go to a specialized lab to get your blood tested.

Here one example of such a lab, the good thing about this one is that they list the prices on their website:

https://cmflabchiangmai.com/th/products/category/64499-ตัวอย่างหมวดหมู่

This doesn't come with a doctor though, you will get a paper stating your test results and the "normal" range.

If anything is out of the normal range and you want a follow up with a doctor, you would have to take these results to a doctor of your choice.

Other similar labs, just look them up on Google:

N Health Chiang Mai

BRIA Lab Chiangmai

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

If all you want is some blood work done, then the cheapest way is to go to a specialized lab to get your blood tested.

Here one example of such a lab, the good thing about this one is that they list the prices on their website:

https://cmflabchiangmai.com/th/products/category/64499-ตัวอย่างหมวดหมู่

This doesn't come with a doctor though, you will get a paper stating your test results and the "normal" range.

If anything is out of the normal range and you want a follow up with a doctor, you would have to take these results to a doctor of your choice.

Other similar labs, just look them up on Google:

N Health Chiang Mai

BRIA Lab Chiangmai

An excellent choice. Make your own decisions.

Some research on internet and you will be at least as qualified as one of these Thai children

"so called Doctors" who bought her medical degree.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

My Doctor requests any needed tests. Not a Thai child who bought her medical degree

If a child is who you chose as your doctor it is on you - not the Thai medical system.  There have been good doctors here for decades and still are.  In fact Bangkok has long been a medical center for US Embassy staff throughout SEA.  

• Like 1

I've used McCormick annually for many years for health checks and the price is less than 5000 Baht for extensive tests. It's always an easy process. The nice thing is that my doctor there actually responds to email. When I first moved to Chiang Mai I lived a few blocks away from McCormick but since I like the hospital I have kept going there even though I no longer live anywhere near it.

• Thanks 1

On 11/17/2021 at 5:31 AM, Captain Monday said:

To each their own, some people prefer to get tests they don't "need" to prevent "needing" treatment in the future.

The medical system is actually the opposite of what you're insinuating, at least in Canada, most doctors don't test for things you don't "need" because it's too expensive, then when you have issues because you didn't prevent anything until it was too late, you end up paying for treatment, which is a lot more expensive. The cost of a blood test vs the cost of treatment for diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease, cancer is much more expensive (4 of the leading causes of death, or maybe liver disease beat kidney disease, I forget). 

Not to mention, most doctors in Canada won't actually treat you until you have full blown health disease, you don't get prescribed medication for diabetes until its too late, you get statins when you have a 10yr or less expectancy of a heart attack, blood pressure meds once you have uncontrollable high blood pressure.

I think the stat was like 80% of colon cancers were preventable but no one wants to get a colonoscopy (understandable I guess), or maybe it was 50% (in Canada).

Maybe Thailand is different, but annual blood tests are essential in my opinion. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dj230 said:

To each their own, some people prefer to get tests they don't "need" to prevent "needing" treatment in the future.

The medical system is actually the opposite of what you're insinuating, at least in Canada, most doctors don't test for things you don't "need" because it's too expensive, then when you have issues because you didn't prevent anything until it was too late, you end up paying for treatment, which is a lot more expensive. The cost of a blood test vs the cost of treatment for diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease, cancer is much more expensive (4 of the leading causes of death, or maybe liver disease beat kidney disease, I forget). 

Not to mention, most doctors in Canada won't actually treat you until you have full blown health disease, you don't get prescribed medication for diabetes until its too late, you get statins when you have a 10yr or less expectancy of a heart attack, blood pressure meds once you have uncontrollable high blood pressure.

I think the stat was like 80% of colon cancers were preventable but no one wants to get a colonoscopy (understandable I guess), or maybe it was 50% (in Canada).

Maybe Thailand is different, but annual blood tests are essential in my opinion. 

I didn't say all Thai doctors are bad, you just need to be careful

Canada and Thailand have 5 years difference in life expectancy despite most Thais getting nearly no medical care under near the end.

Sign up for one of these ridiculous "Executive heath screenings " and the "US board certified Dr." will be chosen for you. Beware if she googles medical terms in front of you to make her (mis) diagnosis and recommendations. If you are in perfect health they will probably find something on their scans and X-rays. Why? Because medicine is a business and Farangs are white buffalos to be fleeced. I attend Chiang Mai Ram Hospital, carefully. They like Japanese too and have a whole reception for them. Japanese friend went in for some elective surgery they put him up in something resembling a Hotel room thanks to insurance.

On 11/17/2021 at 4:29 PM, silverhawk_usa said:

I have used Lanna Hospital annually for years.  Check in as you walk in and give them your info for computer and card.  Then go to second floor 'Check Up Room'.   Go around 9:00AM and it usually takes around 45 minutes.  Very clean and efficient. Come back after lunch and meet with doctor for results.  I believe it is just around 5,000 baht for EKG, Chest X Ray, general blood test (including PSA), Urine test. You get an 8 page print out of all results and review by the Doctor.

Spent a week in Lanna and back again for follow ups. Can't speak highly enough of the hospital and staff. Can't comment on costs, alll on insurance.

• Thanks 1

On 11/16/2021 at 11:34 PM, Captain Monday said:

You are in perfect health. Why do you think you need "blood work"?

Do yo have a regular Doctor? No reason not to get a regular check up.

I went to one of these "Health Checks" at a major Hospital in Bangkok years ago.

Wish I had not, up-sell  and recommended unnecessary procedures and sent on a wild goose chase for no reason. Cedars Sinai Jewish Hospital in Los Angeles set me back on a rational course.

If you are a westerner in Thailand the medical system looks here at you as a sheep, to be fleeced.

Just be careful.

Cedars Sinai Medical Center. The word "Jewish" is not in the name at all. What an ignorant post.

4 hours ago, elektrified said:

Cedars Sinai Medical Center. The word "Jewish" is not in the name at all. What an ignorant post.

I apologize for the ignorance but your post is petty and vainglorious.

Mercy Health - The Jewish Hospital

www.mercy.com

National Jewish Health

https://www.nationaljewish.org/home

UofL Health - Jewish Hospital

https://www.uoflhealthnetwork.org/uofl-health-jewish-hospital

Barnes Jewish Hospital

https://www.barnesjewish.org

There are many fine institutions founded around the country due to the  the deep racist history of the US as many existing Hospitals would not hire Jewish doctors or serve the community.