Thai Charter court rules that only heterosexual marriages are constitutional

webfact

9 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

It’s about acceptance and allowing people to live their lives as they see fit! Who the hell are you to tell a gay couple that they can’t get married?!

Just in case you're having a few problems reading my post correctly ???? - here's the relevant line:

'I think that gay/lesbian couples should be allowed to marry each other if they so wish and in doing so, be afforded the same legal rights as hetrosexual couples - why not? '

In future, you might try reading things properly instead of 'skim reading' - it saves on embarrassment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

I think you'd better read my post again - you got that 100% wrong.

No, I’ve got it 100% right! You think your opinion is correct and it is NOT and that’s all there is to it! You have no clue what the hell you’re talking about WHATSOEVER!!!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

Just in case you're having a few problems reading my post correctly ???? - here's the relevant line:

'I think that gay/lesbian couples should be allowed to marry each other if they so wish and in doing so, be afforded the same legal rights as hetrosexual couples - why not? '

In future, you might try reading things properly instead of 'skim reading' - it saves on embarrassment.

I’ve read that part! My issue lies in what you’ve wrote about the “healthy environment” or lack thereof when it comes to gay couple having kids! 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Ok, what else should be allowed?

Should people be able to marry more than one person? Or maybe 3 women marry 2 guys? It should all be possible, correct?

What should be allowed is to put people like you in the stocks so they can be flogged publicly by anyone who’d likes to do so, you know, antiquated methods befitting for antiquated ways of thinking! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

I’ve read that part! My issue lies in what you’ve wrote about the “healthy environment” or lack thereof when it comes to gay couple having kids! 

That was not the issue raised in your post. You clearly stated:

'Who the hell are you to tell a gay couple that they can’t get married?' Which I did not and never have said.

To answer your 'amended' post - I have a right to my opinion and my opinion is that a child should be brought up by both parents, male and female.  That is what nature intended and if you have a problem with it - tough.  I would go further and say that in my opinion, a child would be better off with a single parent than 2 of the same sex.

58 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

What should be allowed is to put people like you in the stocks so they can be flogged publicly by anyone who’d likes to do so, you know, antiquated methods befitting for antiquated ways of thinking! 

Another misguided assumption that new thinking is better.

59 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Well that was uncalled for.

21 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

When that is the level you want to move to then do it with likeminded people. I won't see any more of your post.

Haha... I just took your side against an inappropriate post... 

But back to this thread, I really do not see the difference. You "quoted" that science only sees "male" and female" I corrected you and pointed out that that was "science" over 50 years ago (thats how science works - it evolves as we learn more) asking if you believe in other antiquated scientific ideas was a natural extension of the convo.

14 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I have a right to my opinion and my opinion is that a child should be brought up by both parents, male and female.  That is what nature intended...

Everyone has a right to an opinion.

But you move from "opinion" to evangelicism when you unequivically state "that is what nature intended".

Through out the ages and history children were often NOT raised by their biological parents. Wet nurses were a thing millenia ago.

Edited by mikebike

When you're taught to drive, you are taught to drive on the side of the road applicable to that country.  Should you start driving on the wrong side of the road, you must accept the consequences.

Nature provides for the creation of a child by people of opposite sexes. Gay and lesbian people are not lesser beings but they are the victims of a genetic disorder. That disorder by default, prevents them from having children naturally as part of a same sex couple.

In almost all ways Gays and Lesbians can live a normal life and the fact that there is far more tolerance these days is to be welcomed, I do not tolerate any discrimination against them that is based purely on their sexuality.  However, I will never accept that it can ever be right for a child to be brought up in a Gay/Lesbian environment and not be affected by it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Everyone has a right to an opinion.

But you move from "opinion" to evangelicism when you unequivically state "that is what nature intended".

Thought the ages and history children were often NOT raised by their biological parents. Wet nurses were a thing millenia ago.

I don't really care about history, I stated what nature intended.  I think my friends would find it amusing to see me being associated with any form of evangelism - ,me?  I don't think so, I have no connection to religion whatsoever.  What I do have is a conviction that nature knows best. Your connection to wet nurses etc. has nothing to do with any religious belief. Such pratices are carried out by human beings and may also be harmful to children.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I will never accept that it can ever be right for a child to be brought up in a Gay/Lesbian environment and not be affected by it.

Then I got to the end...

Good for you. Ignoring any and all evidence and going with your preconceived notions is always the best decision.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mikebike said:

I almost stopped reading here...

How out of touch with reality can a person be?

Then stop reading.

Out of touch............................yet another assumption that today's world is better in all ways.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Open your eyes and look around....look at the bad straight couples who are abusing or neglecting their children if you think man / woman married couples are naturally always better than same sex ones. 

People are people...bad and good....does not matter what gender they are. 

I refered to that in an earlier post.

I have never said that gay/lesbian people are bad - I have said that I believe its unhealthy for kids to be bought up in a same sex environment.

I am happy to debate with you but please do not twist my words.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ok. We will go with down remedial path.

By what authority do you have the ability to state, decide, conclude, what "nature" intends or intended?

Who said I had any authority?  For that matter. what authority do I need?  If you know a way in which a gay guy can make another gay guy pregnant - please let us know.  I thought most people know what's natural.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Well, sorry to be the one to burst that bubble.

Same sex coupling is a thing in "nature".

You ain't burst any bubble.  I have stated my opinion and you have stated yours.  Other than your apparent arguments with nature - there have been no revelations here.

9 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Your connection to wet nurses etc. has nothing to do with any religious belief. Such pratices are carried out by human beings and may also be harmful to children.

Ok. We just established that you are not religious. I am OBVIOUSLY not religious...

Why in would you think wet nurses have anything to do with religion?

Now you opened up a very different discussion... you seem to be stating that any form of child care not performed by a traditional "mother" and "father" are HARMFUL TO CHILDREN.

Really? Got anything other than your gut to back that insane statement up?

14 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Who are you to say same sex couples are not normal?! What sheltered make believe world are you living in?

Twisting words again - I didn't say that. I said being gay is not normal.  I also said it doesn't make you a lesser being than me.  However, being gay is not a choice, its a genetic disorder.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ok. We just established that you are not religious. I am OBVIOUSLY not religious...

Why in would you think wet nurses have anything to do with religion?

Now you opened up a very different discussion... you seem to be stating that any form of child care not performed by a traditional "mother" and "father" are HARMFUL TO CHILDREN.

Really? Got anything other than your gut to back that insane statement up?

I am happy to debate but I'm not in the habit of continually repeating myself.  Where did I say wet nurses were connected to religion?

If you wish to continue then you will need to remove your comment that my statement is insane - we merely have different views. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Who said I had any authority?  For that matter. what authority do I need?  If you know a way in which a gay guy can make another gay guy pregnant - please let us know.  I thought most people know what's natural.

Uh oh... I think you derailed your own train.

No-one in this thread has been talking about medical imposibilities.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

You ain't burst any bubble.  I have stated my opinion and you have stated yours.  Other than your apparent arguments with nature - there have been no revelations here.

But same sex coupling in nature is NOT an opinion, it is fact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1