Thai Charter court rules that only heterosexual marriages are constitutional

webfact

1 minute ago, mikebike said:

"This cannot be feasibly and/or ethically controlled in-study."

What are you on about? Just flip the control group. It would be very easy to filter out the "gutter" hetros, as you refer to them, then compare the remaining hetros who "really want children" to their gay counterparts.

Then others should be more careful with their claims, as I pointed to. (This is why you should quote other posts in proper context; please feel free to quote me in full and highlight).

The claim is a broad one: heterosexual couples as a group vs. homosexual couples as a group, not a certain selected sample of heterosexual couples vs. all homosexual couples.

Then you introduce a whole can of worms with how you select for degree of want in heterosexual couples.

1 minute ago, Atlantis said:

Then others should be more careful with their claims, as I pointed to. (This is why you should quote other posts in proper context; please feel free to quote me in full and highlight).

The claim is a broad one: heterosexual couples as a group vs. homosexual couples as a group, not a certain selected sample of heterosexual couples vs. all homosexual couples.

Then you introduce a whole can of worms with how you select for degree of want in heterosexual couples.

Sorry, not getting your point.

You wanted to compare apples to apples. There is an easy way to do that.

On 11/20/2021 at 10:53 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Let me guess, people who support homosexuals know those bonobos, and everybody else looks at most other animals who do mostly what humans do: male/female.

I didn't read "your" study because I am sure everybody can find a study which confirms what he thinks. There are even lots of studies for climate deniers. There are some things which we experience with our friends and acquaintances. We don't need studies to learn about everything.

Really bizarre. You dispute what what is settled science which is exactly what climate denialists do. The difference is that client denialist ifind a vanishingly small number of studies to confirm what they're doing  or twist existing ones whereas, whereas all the studies of bonobos   confirm if they engage in pan sexual behavior. This just shows how poor your arguments are that you have to resort to know-nothingism to defend them.

Edited by placeholder

19 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

No, there’s more than enough studies on the subject matter that prove you wrong! 

They prove nothing more than the author's opinion.  I could write a dozen studies - all different and biased towards whichever viewpoint I wished.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

They prove nothing more than the author's opinion.  I could write a dozen studies - all different and biased towards whichever viewpoint I wished.

And you would need a vanity press to publish them because they would be laughed away at any journal that was peer-reviewed and didn't accept payments from authors.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

studies are about research (*not opinions) and much more long before they re even considered for publishing, so I suggest you reach some of those studies, thier outcomes and methodologies, and the ethics committee reviews before the studies even begin

9 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Do you even beging to understand the process before a study begins, the terms for the research to be conducted, the ethics reviews beofre permission granted, the recruitment of particioants and ongoing supervision of the researchers, long beofre publication, then there is the process of peer review whcih is independent of the researchers and relevent instituions.

Is writing and researching one study would be within your skills sets?

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Do you even beging to understand the process before a study begins, the terms for the research to be conducted, the ethics reviews beofre permission granted, the recruitment of particioants and ongoing supervision of the researchers, long beofre publication, then there is the process of peer review whcih is independent of the researchers and relevent instituions.

Is writing and researching one study would be within your skills sets?

I have conducted and co-authored several studies in my time - although only one was related to human activity but yes, I am conversant with the requirements. As a matter of fact, none of the items you have listed above are actual 'requirements'. To the best of my knowledge there are no legal requirements for a study.  If you are referring to an Academic study that is to be accepted by a University or Government body, then some or all of those items may be required, it all depends on the country/body involved.

That said, several 'studies', conducted by scholarly authors in the past have had their findings debunked later.  I need to studies to advise me of what's wrong or right in regard to family life thank you.

Edited by KhaoYai

41 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

To the best of my knowledge there are no legal requirements for a study.  If you are referring to an Academic study that is to be accepted by a University or Government body, then some or all of those items may be required...

What form of "study" is there, other than academic?

43 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

That said, several 'studies', conducted by scholarly authors in the past have had their findings debunked later. 

Yes. Are you surprised that that is the way the scientific process works?

Hypothesis, experiment, publish, peer review, new hypothesis, experiment, publish, peer review... ad infinitum.

2 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Hypothesis, experiment, publish, peer review, new hypothesis, experiment, publish, peer review... ad infinitum.

and an open mind, which may prove your original hypothosis is flawed or incorrect, and willingness to accept changes if proof and evidence demands that

22 minutes ago, mikebike said:

So if a study is published that states a child does not achieve a balanced and proper upbringing at some point in the future, hypothetically, can I take it that you will accept such findings?

13 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

They prove nothing more than the author's opinion.  I could write a dozen studies - all different and biased towards whichever viewpoint I 

Right, so do your posts - except these studies were done by professional experts on the subject matter - which you are definitely not! 

19 hours ago, placeholder said:

Really bizarre. You dispute what what is settled science which is exactly what climate denialists do. The difference is that client denialist ifind a vanishingly small number of studies to confirm what they're doing  or twist existing ones whereas, whereas all the studies of bonobos   confirm if they engage in pan sexual behavior. This just shows how poor your arguments are that you have to resort to know-nothingism to defend them.

I should also have noted that climate change is not the weather, you just can't look at or experience it on the spot. Whereas reports about  bonobos are based on actual observations. As Groucho Marx once said, "Who are you going to believe? Me or your lying eyes?" I guess in your case it would be "Who you going to believe, me or their lying eyes?"

On 11/18/2021 at 4:34 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

How old are you?

Imagine 30 years ago if a gay guy would have suggested marrying his partner and adopting babies. I am sure someone would have thought: well I just read the dumbest thing on the Internet today

But it seems these days people just have to have certain opinions. And dare to question those so called progressives.

Maybe I am just getting too old for this s@#t.

Try thinking about what you said, just for a minute :) 

14 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

So if a study is published that states a child does not achieve a balanced and proper upbringing at some point in the future, hypothetically, can I take it that you will accept such findings?

And can we take it that since  almost all studies have shown no such thing, that you accept them?

Edited by placeholder

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

And can we take it that since  almost all studies have shown no such thing, that you accept them?

No you cannot.  You are the proponent of studies, I have said from the outset that I neither believe them or have any need of them to advise me what is right and what is wrong on the subject of parenting.

Typical that you answer a question with a question instead of tacking it head on.

You have every right to believe what you wish - as have I.  There has been nothing in anything I've read on this thread that would even begin to make me question my beliefs. I have raised 2 families in the normal way - a mother and a father.  That is the norm for our species and I really can't understand your constant relating of the issue to apes.  I really don't care what apes or any other species do, the norm in human society is male + female reproduction and male + female parenting..  There is yet to be a biological replacement for the former and although the latter is sometimes not practiced, it is preferable and overwhelmingly in the majority.

In any case, I believe this discussion has run its course. Neither of us is likely to change their viewpoint and I refuse to take part in a discussion relating human behaviour to that of apes. Perhaps you are saying that gay/lesbian people are more closely related to apes in terms of their behaviour? If I was gay I would find that offensive.

3 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

In any case, I believe this discussion has run its course.

I believe this is possibly the second time you have posted that comment, considering that the thread was not even remotely about children or adoption or your parenting ideas or skills.

It was about a constitutional matter on marriage,and its definintion,  however the debate was hijacked into something else,

• Haha 1

What we should accept is that at least 10% of the population on this planet are LGBT, even in countries that denies it, like Russia and Saudi Arabia. 

Does that make the 10% not normal people?  Of course not, it makes them different than you perhaps, but they are still a part of this world, like any other human being. And if the world was perfect all of them should have the same rights. 

Being a kid today with 2 mothers or 2 fathers, shouldn't be a problem as long as they are loved and are a part of a family, they will probably have a better chance later in life to accept other people's religion, race or sexuality.  It's called progress.