Amnesty until 31st December for extensions and 90 day reports

Not sure what I would do if eligible for a covid extension now just prior to Nov 26 cut off. 

Do you grab one or not.

Being a nervous Nelly I would most likely grab a covid extension. 1900 baht.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Not sure what I would do if eligible for a covid extension now just prior to Nov 26 cut off. 

Do you grab one or not.

Peace of mind knowing to be able to stay until end of January vs. 1900THB and some time at immigration

I would opt for peace of mind

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Do you grab one or not.

Being a nervous Nelly I would most likely grab a covid extension. 1900 baht.

Can u explain what  this amnesty means for people on covid extensions please? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Daithi85 said:

20th of December. 

Up to you. You could bet on the amnesty being made law and then extended.

Personally in your situation I would ask for a covid extension prior to Nov 27. That extension (if granted) would commence Dec 21. So permit of stay till 60 days after that.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Do you mean expiring permit of stay? Personally I would obtain a new 12 month extension.

Basically ignore the fact that there is an Amnesty.

As for 90 reports do them as usual. Last time in amnesty they said that you could skip them then later said that anyone who had skipped needed to file one in a certain month. Think it was August.

In any event do you reports and obtain annual extension if due. 

Yes, my permission to stay on a retirement visa ends next week and I will be going home and may not be coming back , so I didnt extend the visa again .

I may stay and get a 60 day covid extension if available .

I didnt manage to do a 90 day report last time , the computers were down when I went to do the 90 day report and immigration were closed for a long weekend and I missed the time frame when I went back again to do it  , 

• Haha 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Up to you. You could bet on the amnesty being made law and then extended.

Personally in your situation I would ask for a covid extension prior to Nov 27. That extension (if granted) would commence Dec 21. So permit of stay till 60 days after that.

Thank you your reply, I was thinking the same , going to go down tommorow and get another 60 days which would keep me good until mid February. Why would they bring back visa amnesty? Is there a reason why it would be brought back? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

Thank you your reply, I was thinking the same , going to go down tommorow and get another 60 days which would keep me good until mid February. Why would they bring back visa amnesty? Is there a reason why it would be brought back? 

Ubonjoe suggested earlier that it might be concerns regarding transmission of covid 19 at the immigration offices.

I was very surprised. Most were assuming that the covid extensions would continue.

If you can obtain the covid extension tomorrow that would be excellent peace of mind for smallish cost.

If possible could you report back with your experience after trying for the extension. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, my permission to stay on a retirement visa ends next week and I will be going home and may not be coming back , so I didnt extend the visa again

Are you using money in bank method? If so are funds still in bank you could obtain 12 month extension. Same price as covid extension. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, asiam110 said:

If your 30 day tourist exemption finishes early Jan could one still apply for this in the week between xmas and new year and would that push the permission to stay  out to early March?

The order for 60 day covid 19 extensions has not been extended yet. If it is extended it would probable be until the end of January.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Ubonjoe suggested earlier that it might be concerns regarding transmission of covid 19 at the immigration offices.

I was very surprised. Most were assuming that the covid extensions would continue.

If you can obtain the covid extension tomorrow that would be excellent peace of mind for smallish cost.

If possible could you report back with your experience after trying for the extension. 

Yes will do, I was in immigration on Tuesday and you  could definitely sense things were different, completely different setup and all staff wearing gloves. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My friend already sent his passport to his agency for a covid extension and is waiting to hear more before they ask for the money transfer. Because he landed in Thailand last under Elite, they are charging him 10k, so it makes a difference for him... Bad timing for him as I don't see anything being official until a later date.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

My friend already sent his passport to his agency for a covid extension and is waiting to hear more before they ask for the money transfer. Because he landed in Thailand last under Elite, they are charging him 10k, so it makes a difference for him... Bad timing for him as I don't see anything being official until a later date.

Why does he need a covid extension if he is on Elite visa?   Sounds like he is being ripped off, but then again latest Elite pricing works out 10,000 a month so 10k for 2 months probably isnt worrying him

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, asiam110 said:

Why does he need a covid extension if he is on Elite visa?   Sounds like he is being ripped off, but then again latest Elite pricing works out 10,000 a month so 10k for 2 months probably isnt worrying him

No, his last entry in Thailand was under Elite visa. Since then, he stayed here and acquired a volunteer visa through an agency. Due to this being done in another province, he needs to go through his agent to get Covid extensions. I explained in another thread. 

The agency price is currently 8k for Covid extension, but since he arrived last through Elite, they charge 10k. Things are complicated here sometimes, go figure..

Anyway, he'd love to avoid paying 10k this time but will probably not be able to escape it. I haven't seen any news about this amnesty yet in internationals newspapers.

21 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

No, his last entry in Thailand was under Elite visa. Since then, he stayed here and acquired a volunteer visa through an agency. Due to this being done in another province, he needs to go through his agent to get Covid extensions. I explained in another thread. 

The agency price is currently 8k for Covid extension, but since he arrived last through Elite, they charge 10k. Things are complicated here sometimes, go figure..

Anyway, he'd love to avoid paying 10k this time but will probably not be able to escape it. I haven't seen any news about this amnesty yet in internationals newspapers.

Covid extensions tru agents seem to be 6k in Huahin and Pattaya areas, hope your friend tried to do it himself at immigration, I hate seen anyone handing money over to these agents. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

Covid extensions tru agents seem to be 6k in Huahin and Pattaya areas, hope your friend tried to do it himself at immigration, I hate seen anyone handing money over to these agents. 

Hmmm interesting, to be fair if it's 1900baht plus taxis and tolls, that's 3k out the window. 3k for the agent and saves a whole day of fcking around and all the stress and potential knockback over some interpretation of the day of the rules  then I'm in

Edited by asiam110

My personal "translation" (I did obviously shorten it a lot, and focused on the important bits) of the Cabinet posting point 3:

Announcement regarding certain aliens in Thailand
The cabinet has approved the announcement regarding the permission of certain aliens staying in Thailand to handle the impact of Covid 19.
Affected aliens will be granted an extension of their permission of stay from the effective date of this announcement until 31st December.

Main points of this announcement:
1. Extend the permission to stay for the following types of aliens:
     1) Aliens who are temporarily allowed to stay in Thailand (My personal note: This includes all types of visa entries as well as visa exempt)
     2) My personal note: I'm not 100% certain what they mean, because they are referring to some ministerial order, but I think it's their super complicated way to refer to people with an under consideration stamp
     3) Aliens who are allowed to stay under the Petroleum or Investment Promotion Act or the Estate Authority

2. Extend the deadline for 90 day reports until 31st December.
3. Immigration will announce the deadline until which aliens will have to apply for extensions and do their 90 day reports between 1st and 31st December.

Don't blame me if it's wrong, and feel free to correct me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jackdd said:

My personal "translation" (I did obviously shorten it a lot, and focused on the important bits) of the Cabinet posting point 3:

Without prejudice 

3 hours ago, anandra said:

Last covid extention was approved until the end of November, so those who want to apply for another covid extention before 26

Really, the 26th is the last day you can get COVID extensions? My stamp expires on the 28th and I need an extension so I need to not screw this up! 

17 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Very interesting, well if an amnesty is given until 31st of December, what happens after that date? Will it be back to covid extensions or what will happen? Maybe land borders will be open by then. 

12 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

Very interesting, well if an amnesty is given until 31st of December, what happens after that date? Will it be back to covid extensions or what will happen? Maybe land borders will be open by then. 

If they do it like they did the one last year they will keep extending the order for the amnesty.

• Like 1