Amnesty until 31st December for extensions and 90 day reports

12 minutes ago, Takeprofit said:

Thank you for the translation.

What does it mean?

I have not reported my 90-days since April 2021 when they refused to approve my report by the post and asked me to come to the office to pay 2000 thb fine.

Can I report now without paying fine? ????

Why did they refuse your report via post? 

They asked you to come to the immigration office? 

Seems something was not supplied with your report. 

Why would you be able to report now after missing 2 or 3 reports be able to avoid a fine.

Have 2000baht in your pocket and go to immigration.

38 minutes ago, Takeprofit said:

I have not reported my 90-days since April 2021 when they refused to approve my report by the post and asked me to come to the office to pay 2000 thb fine.

Can I report now without paying fine? 

The order did not go into effect until the 7ht of this month. You would still be fined 2000 baht for not doing the 90 day reports.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Why did they refuse your report via post? 

They said I have missed the "report window".

20 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Why would you be able to report now after missing 2 or 3 reports be able to avoid a fine.

I just read "Amnesty" in the topic and thought maybe now can report without fine.

21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Have 2000baht in your pocket and go to immigration.

I got my yearly extension of stay last September so I think there is no reason I should go there, pay money and report again every 90 days.

It's better to wait next year and report before next extension. ????

10 minutes ago, Takeprofit said:

It's better to wait next year and report before next extension.

Up to you. I don't think that's a good idea ongoing.

14 minutes ago, Takeprofit said:

They said I have missed the "report window

You make it sound like your not aware of report window. 90 reports have date guidelines. Mail and in person are different report window.

16 minutes ago, Takeprofit said:

I just read "Amnesty" in the topic and thought maybe now can report without fine.

Amnesty introduced now does not wipe away past errors. Overstay being one example.

You can disregard 90 day reports that's misguided imo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I don't think that's a good idea ongoing.

There are just 2 sanctions for not reporting 90-days: 2000 thb fine if you come to the office by yourseld to report and 5000 thb if officers will catch you somewhere.

So, if I should pay 2000 it's better to pay next year before next yearly extension in September and skip all 90-days reports until that day.

8 minutes ago, Takeprofit said:

So, if I should pay 2000 it's better to pay next year before next yearly extension in September and skip all 90-days reports until that day.

That option will work.

Not sure of immigration attitude if it was done ongoing. Have never read a report.

Pointless speculation and childish panic. Wonder How such people cope with real personal loss…Simply follow normal Imm process. Work to stamped expiry dates in passport. That’s it. Any end of Covid ext. will  be notified months ahead after pandemic over, not suddenly stopped in middle of some short extn. Just think things through before hitting panic button. Nobody here should be relying upon any Imm amnesty……

11 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Simple question.

Re-newed married extension mid sept' this year. 90 day report due mid dec' (16th).

Do I need to do the 90 day report?

Should be at MTT.

Do not skip your report regardless of amnesty. 

I notice your dealing with Bangkok.

Why didn't you do it via mail. Would have saved trip to MTT.

You could have a look at current thread re new online 90 report site.

40 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Beware of the trap

Amnesty will be granted against receiving a fine but you may get a red stamp in your passport.

None of that was true for the previous amnesty. And I'm sure the same will apply to the recently announced new amnesty as well.

5 hours ago, Caldera said:

None of that was true for the previous amnesty. And I'm sure the same will apply to the recently announced new amnesty as well.

My current covid-extension visa (60 days) will end this monday. And I have never had any problems getting new ones of these from immigration before. However, I don't know if they want us to go there right now if there is this amnesty thing going on right now.

Question 1: Should I go in to immigration on monday to apply for a new covid-extension visa? Or, wait until the end of this "amnesty" on the 31st to get a new covid-extension visa?

Question 2: Will this amnesty be extended beyond the 31st?

16 minutes ago, Terry B said:

My current covid-extension visa (60 days) will end this monday. And I have never had any problems getting new ones of these from immigration before. However, I don't know if they want us to go there right now if there is this amnesty thing going on right now.

Question 1: Should I go in to immigration on monday to apply for a new covid-extension visa? Or, wait until the end of this "amnesty" on the 31st to get a new covid-extension visa?

Obtain your covid extension now.

Monday.

Forget completely about amnesty.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Terry B said:

1. Go to immigration and apply for the extension.

2, I don't think so unless there is big outbreak of the Omnican variant.

• Thanks 1