Tourist visa 60 days Ottawa Embassy

Anybody applying with Ottawa Embassy?

Still waiting, I applied 5 days ago. Not a lot I assume, so I'm not alarmed yet, but I am curious how long it took for others that had success recently. I saw London took around 5-15 days. So I am curious if any applied with the Ottawa embassy. I provided 1 day AQ accomodation + invitation letter and good proof of financial support. I actually sent them a lot of details on everything. I fly on January 11, 2022.

I will report back my success/failure as well

Thanks in advance!

Edited by srosato
Added when I actually fly to Thailand

31 minutes ago, Count said:

Are you applying for an E-visa or a regular TR60 visa?

There not difference in the visas applied for on the e visa site or directly to the embassy.

He apparently applied for the standard single entry visa. I checked earlier and Ottawa is using the e visa site.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Probably due to it being a little to early to be doing it. He does not plan on traveling until January 11th.

He said he wants to do things in advance. My purpose for asking HIM was because a visa is not one of the requirements to apply for the Thailand Pass and I was trying to be helpful incase HE didn't know that as many people apply for both their visa and the pass at the same time.

As far as I know, it's ok for other people to try and be helpful sometimes on this forum besides you, correct? 

3 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

As far as I know, it's ok for other people to try and be helpful sometimes on this forum besides you, correct? 

I was not sure you had read his first first post thoroughly.

Nothing wrong with applying for the visa early sine it will be valid for 3 months early.

I suspect he wants to be sure he gets the visa before finalizing his travel arrangements and doing the Thailand Pass.

Actually you all have helpful tips, so thanks a lot for that! Combined knowledge is the best.

1 hour ago, Count said:

Are you applying for an E-visa or a regular TR60 visa?

I am applying for E-visa 60 days Tourist Visa (Single Entry) on https://thaievisa.go.th/. I chose the Ottawa Embassy as it is closest to my location (Montreal). The other choice was Vancouver.

2 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

What's stopping you from doing the Thailand Pass now?

That's a very good question! I actually thought I would need this visa, as seen on this webpage: https://asq.in.th/thailand-pass there is this image image.thumb.png.ba38013088a19756e96b449196e5c132.png

It says Thai visa (if required). So I assumed I needed to do my Visa first and then supply that as a document when applying for Thailand Pass? I did not know I could apply at the same time. Should I? I am leaving for 59 days, returning on March 12, 2022.

Edited by srosato
Added when I come back and how many days I am traveling to Thailand. Specified I used single entry.

24 minutes ago, srosato said:

Actually you all have helpful tips, so thanks a lot for that! Combined knowledge is the best.

I am applying for E-visa 60 days Tourist Visa (Single Entry) on https://thaievisa.go.th/. I chose the Ottawa Embassy as it is closest to my location (Montreal). The other choice was Vancouver.

That's a very good question! I actually thought I would need this visa, as seen on this webpage: https://asq.in.th/thailand-pass there is this image image.thumb.png.ba38013088a19756e96b449196e5c132.png

It says Thai visa (if required). So I assumed I needed to do my Visa first and then supply that as a document when applying for Thailand Pass? I did not know I could apply at the same time. Should I? I am leaving for 59 days, returning on March 12, 2022.

That's a good question. The official source I was looking at said nothing about a visa being a requirement to apply but if they do ask for it optionally or it is required if you do have a visa then it's probably best to wait until you get your visa first as like @ubonjoestated, you have plenty of time to apply.

Edited by Ohyesuare

24 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

That's a good question. The official source I was looking at said nothing about a visa being a requirement to apply but if they do ask for it optionally or it is required if you do have a visa then it's probably best to wait until you get your visa first as like @ubonjoestated, you have plenty of time to apply.

Alright. Yeah probably best to wait and see if they can process the visa, since it has only been five days since I submitted my request.

• 1 month later...

Hello folks, I wanted to report back and tell you that I was approved for both the e-Visa and Thailand Pass.

For the e-Visa of 60 days, I filed in on November 14th and was approved on November 29th.

For the Thailand pass I filed in on December 4th, and received the approval on December 12th.

Now hopefully they don't ban Canada now that they announced that they will review the green list for the 1 day quanrantine because of the new variant.

Thanks for you help