Yes health insurance is a scam in Thailand

Pravda

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

Oh.....you used Period which brooks no argument, so it must be true. :cheesy:

Let me have a go. No it isn't. Period.

Hmmmm.....doesn't feel like a good, convincing argument to me.

It was explained in previous replies to Sheryl. You can throw laughing emojis as much as you like. 

Perhaps you'd be willing to take a bet and read the insurance contract with me?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

You honestly think I'm going to share my medical info on the internet? I don't think so.....

The reason I have insurance is that their is a history of cancer in my family, so I'll probably get it one day, too. The insurance company has already confirmed that they will pay out on any claims for cancer, which can run into the millions for treatment.

Ya...thing is I shared my medical history and the reason for rejection. You share nothing, but belittle posters who posted the facts. 

The insurance company has confirmed the payout? Sounds good to me. As a matter of fact it sounds just like my case.

Edited by Pravda

1 minute ago, Pravda said:

Ya...thing is I shared my medical history and the reason for rejection. You share nothing, but belittle posters who posted the facts. 

You sound like a Thailand bootlicker to me.

Just because you splash your medical history all over the internet, doesn't mean the rest of us are obligated to.

You sound like a disgruntled person because you didn't read your policy properly.

I had a problem so therefore ALL insurance is a scam. Sheesh! Give me a break!

3 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Just because you splash your medical history all over the internet, doesn't mean the rest of us are obligated to.

You sound like a disgruntled person because you didn't read your policy properly.

I had a problem so therefore ALL insurance is a scam. Sheesh! Give me a break!

Good luck with your cancer claim, lol.

I hope Thai Visa posters are generous with GoFundMe.

On 11/20/2021 at 12:09 PM, NanLaew said:

A good friend of mine, in his mid-fifties, didn't know he was diabetic until I pointed out that stopping at a gas station every 30 or 40 minutes for a pee during a 4-hour interstate drive in the US was not normal. He had already accepted the need for an afternoon nap in his office after lunch was also normal.

As we live beyond 55 or 60, getting an annual medical assessment is a wise investment. I suggest starting the whole self-review mid-way or 6-months before your next insurance renewal. If you are starting on such a regimen, spend the first 3 months doing moderate exercise along with a review of your dietary intake including alcohol. Again, the word is moderation. Then do the medical assessment 3 months before your insurance renewal. This may (or may not) afford you sufficient time to take care of anything that crops up before paying for another year of coverage and keeps you fully aware of what is changing as you age.

To assume that the natural health impingement your advancing years will happily be accepted by your insurer is a dangerous one.

1st Defence is Health (Diet Exercise Sleep Water Relax NO Bad Intakes. 2nd is Accident Insurance (Chubb).3rd :No State Medical Insurance outside West ( UK NHS) so Cheap Private Medical Insurance (High Deductible) from Western Company (LMG).

So Hard to live Healthy in the West. So Easy here. One reason I stopped living in West, except for project work, but that exposure was slowly killing me. Pre- Covid I was pre-diabetic with severe fatty liver & high insulin resistance & overweight & gut & No exercise. Surrounded by Processed Food, Long Hours, Alcohol. Too Tired . Enough.

Since March 2020 / Covid, been living in my house with lady & son in Phuket, incentivized / enabled to change my whole Lifestyle. Plant- based Diet, Fasting, HIIT Exercise (Swim / Gym). Working from home then resigned rather than go back ……Reversed All Conditions & Lost Weight & High Energy.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Good luck with your cancer claim, lol.

I hope Thai Visa posters are generous with GoFundMe.

As I have already mentioned. I have asked and they will pay as it wasn't a pre-existing condition. Very simple.

Looks like you're the one that needs a Gofundme page........right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nrasmussen said:

Taking out insurance is not about saving money. It is to pay someone (the insurance company) to assume the risk if something unforeseen should happen that one may not have the financial means to cover. The “warm fuzzy feeling” is knowing that bankruptcy is not imminent in case of a catastrophic event.

you don't seem to be aware of the differences between thai insurance companies and farang insurance companies, worth reading up on it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nrasmussen said:

Taking out insurance is not about saving money. It is to pay someone (the insurance company) to assume the risk if something unforeseen should happen that one may not have the financial means to cover. The “warm fuzzy feeling” is knowing that bankruptcy is not imminent in case of a catastrophic event.

Yes, and I recently asked a broker of a company recommended by Sheryl if I could buy high deductible Covid insurance specifically with only catastrophic situations in mind--in case my Kaiser insurance would not come through as one would expect. He answered that there are currently no companies he knows of that will insure anyone over 80 (this has changed), and that the ones he knows of do not take into consideration one's vaccination history, or lack thereof. Except for Kaiser (which I've never tried  to draw on), I've always self-insured here--with no problem so far--and it looks like I will continue.

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

you don't seem to be aware of the differences between thai insurance companies and farang insurance companies, worth reading up on it

I was speaking of insurance in general. I'm perfectly aware that not all insurance companies are created equal. As is true for any important financial arrangements, due diligence is paramount before signing up; otherwise, the warm and fuzzy feeling could very well turn into a nightmare.

I have spent a fortune on medical insurance with a major broker and European insurance company and I can tell you that they have been a complete waste of my time and money over many many years. 

I feel I have been totally hoodwinked into believing that I should have piece of mind and be rest assured that my hospital bills will be paid should I ever be ill. 

Not the case. Don’t be fooled by the glossy web site and smiley faces of the actors. 

Work out a plan to self insure, that way you will know exactly where you stand and not be faced with the shock of having a claim declined after you have been paying them 000’s $ over the time to be kicked right where it hurts. 

Be very careful when considering any health insurance.  Ask a reputable hospital administration dept on which company has the best record for meeting insurance claims. You might be very surprised at the reply. 

• Like 2