Fuel tariff increase drives up electricity pricing

webfact

On 11/20/2021 at 3:28 PM, sandyf said:

You really do need to look at your lifestyle.

We had our bill yesterday and for the last three months came to 2457 baht, the same period last year was 5032 baht and that same period since 2012 has fallen between 4500 and 5500.

It has been exceptionally cool this autumn, hardly used the aircon and consistently having to use the electric shower.

Don't know how you use so much!

I'm paying 400-800bht/month, but I do generate 130units/month myself with solar panels.

24 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Don't know how you use so much!

I'm paying 400-800bht/month, but I do generate 130units/month myself with solar panels.

This year 2457 baht over 3 months equates to about 800/month, with your solar panels I doubt there is much difference in usage. Main loads are the washing machine on every day and all cooking is electric, also there is a fair amount of external lighting every evening.

Other years the addition cost has been down to aircon.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

So you include all the poor souls who live in the tropics and never had AC. My Mrs could sleep on a clothes line.....

Not all of us are lucky enough to have clothes lines!

For Thais there totally adapted to this heat.  

For many foreigners its tough and the expenses of air-conditioning are just part and parcel.

12 hours ago, itsari said:

Because you can't sleep when the temperature is over 22 degrees does not mean everyone else can't.

I  am cheap to the point I don't waste money  where as many do.

The energy used to keep cool is not good for the environment either. 

I prefer good ventilation over air-conditioning. I have air-conditioning available if I need it.

It would be good to know what you think is funny in the remarks i made about air-conditioning Mr J2U

If i don't hear from you then i am sure your power has been cut off and died in your sleep

I have to say I feel very envious when I read of all these folk on here saying the electricity here is cheap.  I am guessing most are single gents.  Add in a western wife and a couple of western teenage daughters to the mix and you'll find your electricity bills will easily reach 6k a month. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Oh please!

Very few people enjoy sleeping anything over 24 celsius.

Personally I prefer 20-22 celsius.

The Only people who talk like you do just are to cheap or genuinely can't afford to pay for air-conditioning.

Get back to reality!

quote "

The Only people who talk like you do just are to cheap or genuinely can't afford to pay for air-conditioning."

When you are living in your 20 to 22C cooler, what do you wear? If that is your bedroom temperature what do you sleep under at night?

I have spent about 30 years living and working east of Suez and after a few years you do become acclimatised.

My bedroom a/c is set to 29 and anything lower than that I put a different thicker bed covering on. Most nights nowadays only the a/c fan is running and half the time I don't even use the thin bed covering.

That is also reality.

57 minutes ago, billd766 said:

quote "

The Only people who talk like you do just are to cheap or genuinely can't afford to pay for air-conditioning."

When you are living in your 20 to 22C cooler, what do you wear? If that is your bedroom temperature what do you sleep under at night?

I have spent about 30 years living and working east of Suez and after a few years you do become acclimatised.

My bedroom a/c is set to 29 and anything lower than that I put a different thicker bed covering on. Most nights nowadays only the a/c fan is running and half the time I don't even use the thin bed covering.

That is also realiy.

Wow.

That's really hot!

It's not so much the heat that kills me, its the humidity.

Does your wife agree?

My wife is used to the air-conditioning.  She couldn't manage 25 or higher.

Good thing you've got that shower fixed.  You'd need plenty after sleeping in that heat.

Some acclimate better than others!

I envy your electric bill!

Screenshot_20211122-202755.jpg

Edited by MrJ2U

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

quote "

That is also reality.

Using a fan with Aircon is definitely the way to go.

Wife doesn't like the fan.  I only use it when we get that stifling 40 plus heat.

9 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Using a fan with Aircon is definitely the way to go.

Just for a comfort level I do this at home in Bangkok. Some Thais I've met will turn off the fan once the Aircon goes on (power saving they think).

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Just for a comfort level I do this at home in Bangkok. Some Thais I've met will turn off the fan once the Aircon goes on (power saving they think).

My wife prefers the Aircon over the fan.

She actually says the fan gives her a stuffy nose.

Probably all the dust.  Lots of it in Issan.

• Thanks 1