Leaky tap to PVC fitting- Pipe sealer needed

stubuzz

54 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Oh boy.

Are you able to move it forward maybe with a 90 degree connection to fit in the hole?

Be nice to have that space behind. Not only for repairs but for easier cleaning.

Good luck!

Pitfalls of Thai building never cease to amaze me.

Thankfully labor is cheap.

It was done during the house build 17 to 18 years ago and never got noticed or become a problem until this month. I cannot get original replacement parts so I am marrying new parts to old parts.

It would seem like the plumber who did the job was not the sharpest pencil in the box. He could have done as Lopburi3 suggested and put both the toilet and bum squirter on a single pipe which is what I am trying to do, or he could have run the toilet filler pipe out from behind the toilet, or he could have moved the toilet complete 3 inches forward from it existing position.

Any of those would have worked and saved me this problem.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I have something similar but 1 female and 2 male connectors. I also have 2 x M/F taps to fit on the T-piece. They will fit onto the existing bum gun connector. The biggest problem is to blank off the existing toilet feed as it is hiding in the +/- 2 inches between the wall and the toilet.

At this point other than taking the toilet water tank off I am stuck for ideas.

If you have to do it toilet can be removed in a few minutes and re-installed same day.  Have had to do as have one that sits above septic tank so to pump tank out had to have removed.  Worker had no issues doing - just have to chip cement seal from around bottom/clean/re-cement.  

You might be able to use water proof cement to seal the pipe hole without removing if you can stop flow long enough for it to set.  

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

It was done during the house build 17 to 18 years ago and never got noticed or become a problem until this month. I cannot get original replacement parts so I am marrying new parts to old parts.

It would seem like the plumber who did the job was not the sharpest pencil in the box. He could have done as Lopburi3 suggested and put both the toilet and bum squirter on a single pipe which is what I am trying to do, or he could have run the toilet filler pipe out from behind the toilet, or he could have moved the toilet complete 3 inches forward from it existing position.

Any of those would have worked and saved me this problem.

We have an outdoor toilet.

Its like 18 inches away from the wall.

At least its working.

Enjoy your week.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 7:08 PM, itsari said:

I am afraid that from your explanation you need to open up the wall and replace the fitting in the wall . 

Have a good day

I would agree ! The problem may have actually been created by using excessive sealant tape . Because the tape inhibits perception of tightening pressure it is not uncommon to burst or fracture either the external fitting or the internal threaded section. If it comes to replacing use the brass insert

version .

• Like 2