New experience with Wise

Around 30 minutes ago I made a transfer with Wise, something I’ve done a great many times without any hassles whatsoever. I made the transfer from my Santander account in the UK to Wise and in the past I get immediate notification that they have received my money. This time all it said and still does is waiting for my money. I rechecked my bank transfer and see nothing wrong with that but going into the help area on Wise it says that banks don’t transfer money over the weekend which is why the delay in receiving it. I’ve simply never had this problem before, is it normal?  

• Sad 1

I had an issue with Santander, due to them having lot's of Wise transfers in one day, one person tried £1,000 eighty times they blocked transfers into some queue, i had to phone and get it released, even the rep couldn't do it at first. Weird thing was it came out of my account so looked like it had gone to Wise but hadn't.

So, call them

grandpapillon, you’ve misunderstood my post. Wise have not received my money although my bank shows that it’s gone. I’m well aware that the transfer from Wise doesn’t happen over the weekend. Its my transfer from bank to Wise that hasn’t happened. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, poppysdad said:

grandpapillon, you’ve misunderstood my post. Wise have not received my money although my bank shows that it’s gone. I’m well aware that the transfer from Wise doesn’t happen over the weekend. Its my transfer from bank to Wise that hasn’t happened. 

I wouldn't pay attention to messages in their app, they can be misleading and not reflect reality. It's all for show IMO.

it will get transfer eventually, just normal banking delays, patience is key ????

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

never do a wise transfer on week-end or bank holidays, it is usually delayed

it should come Monday or Tuesday,

Two of my pensions were due up on Saturday but sent to my Wise UK account on Friday. I transferred them to my BBK account on Friday evening and they will be in the account by about 2:03pm on Monday.

9 minutes ago, poppysdad said:

Gottfrid, well they just have and have done so in the past.  

you mean it went to your Thai bank account on a Sunday? nice, always delayed for me to Monday, so now I do the transfer on Mondays, better, and it's there in a few minutes or a few seconds sometimes

No grandpapillon. The delay was in my money from Santander going to Wise which has always been instant in the past. When looking on the help site on Wise it suggested that the reason it had not received my money was due to the banks not transferring money at weekends, I’m well aware that Wise don’t transfer at weekends but I have transferred on a weekend before and not had any delay in my bank sending my money to Wise. 

14 hours ago, poppysdad said:

I had exactly the same situation with HSBC yesterday (sunday). The transfer was debited from my UK HSBC account but Wise were saying they had not received the money, this has NEVER happened before, something has changed.

Wise informed me this morning (monday) that they have now received the money and my transfer will be effected at 2.13pm

today.

Wise... long delays this morning, been showing arrive 8 hours now saying tomorrow. Been using them for years and normally get within minutes, sometimes seconds. Is it because it's Monday morning? I'm sure that I've used Wise on Mon before but not experienced delays like this.

ok something is happening for international banking, the Americans are at it again ????

my transfer of $10k+ to Thailand sent last week was blocked. There is a new protocol in place it seems since October, and now corresponding banks want to know everything about the nature of the transfer. I am using a bank from the UK, could be related to Brexit for all we know ????

• Confused 1