Apple's Iphone

Guest Reimar

Sorry for coming off sounding so harsh in my response, I'm confident too that this is just one more tiny hurdle that the hackers will clear up soon, but being the impatient man I am (and after wating 1 month for my phone to arrive) I HAD TO pay the 5000 baht to exchange it or I woulda gone crazy with it sitting there and me not being able to use it heh.

On another note, I'm sure someone mentioned this already but I missed it. I just discovered SMSD which is a sms app that enables forwarding and sending mass sms to multiple recipients which the iphone doesn't do natively so I am extremely happy now, that was a very important function to me and now I can do it easily.

Damian

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I have been out of the LOS for a while, and will be stopping back in on a trip shortly. What is the current rates for an iphone in mbk, or other at places, are there some places offering them much cheaper than others? i know the demand has risen recently, but not living there right now i am a bit out of the loop.

Cheers

Khun Aus

They are starting at 22k, but I'm pretty sure if you go stall to stall you can talk one of them down to 20k at least.

Damian

I heard they went up to 25K once it was clear that 1.1.2 was different, and also because Apple started limiting buyers to two phones, so supply of hackable phones dried up quickly and newer phones would obviously not be able to maintain enough supply... my friend is still aching for his, as I bought him a late-model... so he constantly checks the prices...

Apple has raised the limit up to 5 again - apparently for the holiday season. Or maybe they did it b/c the new boot loader hasn't been hacked yet...

I kind of don't understand what takes them so long. iTunes can now unlock the iPhone, at least in Germany where there is a legal requirement to be able to unlock phones. Germany wants EUR 999 for an unlocked phone which is of course ridiculous. But You'd think some hacker would do it, and just listen to the network traffic between iTunes and the server, and to the USB cable and then spoof some parts of this to unlock phones.

Ya this price increase is new as of the past 2 weeks and is obviously due to the new unhackable models. Guess it shouldn't be surprising, once the old models run out that is it.... until they figure out how to hack the new models.

Best phone I could ever have.... glad I got it for 19k total

Damian

• 1 month later...
cndcvic wrote:
New member signs up today and first post is a link to his blog......

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Looks really a bit strange!!

And as sfokevin wrote:

I find your statement hard to believe... The iPhone is a little more sophisticated than your usual "locked" phone... The IPhone rquires you to initially activate any new iPhone thru an online sync with an iTunes account that will require you to sign up for a 2 year data plan... To date (less than 7 days released) all the proprietary "locks" on the iPhone have not been cracked...

So I checked a bit about "cracks" and "hacking" of the iPhone but found: NEARLY nothing! And the explanations I found wasn't truly to believe! ;)

On the other hand I don't believe that Apple would develop and sell a product which is directly and easly to "hack"! If the story about this "hacked iPhone" is true, oh man, Apple is on a way down the secure (what ever) way!! I DON'T BELIEVE TAT AT ALL! :huh::o;)

Interested here may also that the Iphone was ordered from eBay and shipped than via FedEx which arrived in Thailand today morning?! True? Calculate the time of order, buy, submit the money (on eBay need to pay in advance!), the seller need to send the goods to FedEx, FedEx proceed the Paperwork, FedEx send to Airport, after that by Plane to Thailand, pickup at Cargo, send to Buyer! Wow, I never kow that FedEx was that FAST!

My experiences with FedEx was a need of min. 3 Days after the goods deli9very to the FedEx office in US, to arrive in Thailand and another day to get it at m,y door! Not to tell the other times the seller was need!

Today is July 5. 2007 and the iPhone was launched in US at Ju7ne 29. 2007. That's 6 days! Could that be happens! B)

There is a new model released this week with a bigger memory (16gig) and Steve Jobs and AT&T have both said that the Iphone 2 will be released later this year with 3G capability's, I'd also expect it to have a 5MP camera, GPS and the other things lacking from the original. Would imagine it'll be in the last quarter of 08 though, that give this model a year (it is a mobile after all!) and the Christmas boom to help sales of the new one.

I've got an unlocked iPhone (firmware ver 1.1.2) - i want to upgrade it to firmware 1.1.3 - do we know if its safe to do so yet? Anyone got any links for information on how to do this etc? Also if i <deleted> up the firmware upgrade, can it be rolled back easily enough? Advice please :o

I've got an unlocked iPhone (firmware ver 1.1.2) - i want to upgrade it to firmware 1.1.3 - do we know if its safe to do so yet? Anyone got any links for information on how to do this etc? Also if i <deleted> up the firmware upgrade, can it be rolled back easily enough? Advice please :o

http://cre.ations.net/blog/post/iphone-113...lbreak-released

Thanks for the link BambinA, but i've been reading contradictory reports, something to do with the bootloader versions, the one i got from MBK has bootloader 4.6 - which means a lot of these jailbreak programs dont work for it... shame really

Thanks for the link BambinA, but i've been reading contradictory reports, something to do with the bootloader versions, the one i got from MBK has bootloader 4.6 - which means a lot of these jailbreak programs dont work for it... shame really

This one does work with all bootloaders and versions 1.1.2 and 1.1.3: http://iphone.unlock.no/OTB112unlock.htm

It doesn't look like it's actually "easy" like they claim - but it looks entirely doable. The new hack that GeoHot found works with all bootloader versions. Many people have tried it and verified that it works.

ps: Downgrading the firmware you can do by option-clicking(Mac) or shift-clicking (Windows) the restore button in iTunes. It then lets you choose the file to restore from, and you can pick and choose any firmware version you like. The firmware restore files are freely available on the internet, downloadable from the Apple website.

Edited by nikster

• 2 weeks later...
Well I was wrong. But at least I take comfort in the fact that it's only temporary as new hacks are always just around the corner :D

Turns out I was right after all :o

Here's unlock steps that work on all iPhones including the latest 1.1.3 OTB and are dead easy to follow. Download the app, click a few buttons, that's it:

Windows: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=666

Mac: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=675

Undoubtedly this is based on GeoHots ingenious baseband hack. But unlike said hack - which GeoHot described on his blog - you don't need an advanced hacker degree follow it. It's software that activates, jailbreaks, and unlocks the iPhone, plain and simple.

Of course the next firmware is just around the corner, along with the SDK, so use this while it lasts.. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Well I bought one already MBK for 19,000 bt 8GB had it unlocked etc. It has locked twice on me now. (not by doing anything that the shop advised me not to do I might add). So I would rather buy one they does not need unlocking and sell my present model.

As to value for money: I have never spent more than about 5,000 Bt. on a mobile before but like iPhone for numerous reasons including but not limited to the easy to use interface, ability to check my emails when out and about, ability to store up to 1000 contacts with email addresses, iPod etc... I could go on and on. Value for money is perception and for me I perceive it to be value for money. :o

If anyone knows the cost of the 32GB when Apple start selling it in Thailand and the deal with AIS please advise.