Non-O problem and other things

Hi guys,

Lets say someone used an agency to extend his non-o visa 2 years ago and still on this for yearly extensions. And the city he is in and the extension city is not the same. 

But this person divorced almost 1,5 year ago and still stayed on non-o with the help of agency.  

He is working at the same work for 7 years and holding a workpermit. 

This man wants to get rid of this non-o situation as soon as possible, and wants to get non-b because of his work. His next extension is in mid July. But again he wants to get rid of this non-o as soon as possible. 

He obviously didnt notify his divorce to any immigration and so far his ex helping about keeping his secret. Although some problems are starting about the ownership of the house and cars... so as you can imagine he is worrying about his ex might stop helping with the secret (probably she wont, because she thinks she is also quilty because when he used the agency they were still married and she thinks she might be in trouble too) but again he wants to get rid of this non-o. 

He is aware that he just cannot go to IO and show them all documents from his work with the workpermit and ask for non-b. Yes, he could wait for the extension time and use his work reason to extend his visa and kind of change it to non-b (not really but kinda) but its too long.. its on July. Also... that non-o extension he did when he was not married will be still on the passport.

Also obviously he never went to bangkok immigration for do any work visa or extension about work because he was doing everything with his non-o. This means he has no record at the immigration or in their computer/system. He renew his workpermit in september so its fresh.

These are all the info, now this is his plan but not sure if it will work or not: 

Go to the nearest police station and report them that his passport is stolen.. get the police report from them and go to his embassy to make a new passport. Also getting a letter telling to IO that he was holding a non-b visa and working here from the embassy if they give such a thing (they give a letter saying its lost and kindly asking IO to help but not mentioning about the type of the visa). After getting the new passport go to bkk immigration with the documents and paper work and workpermit and tell them he lost it or stolen and kindly ask them if they could transfer the extension to his new passport. Of course he will not mention non-o thing and ask for working extension reason so it will show that the reason for the extension is work... and he hopes it will work...

But here the problem is.. first of all as i mentioned before he has no record at the immigration. IO will see that or not? They will check computers, entries? Or IO will take the bait and just do the paper work and do the visa (yes no record but obviously every document and work permit is real and same workpermit for 7 years). Also what about his arrival card? Can he keep it and say it was not in my passport (not to the bkk IO but if he needs to leave the country again in the future), probably at the border IO will not do anything about it. OR he must go to a border and tell them this stolen story and ask for a new arrival card? 

Another thing is he has a new girlfriend and they are serious, so can get marry. If so, do you think it will help and how? Can he use this new marriage at the IO before or at the time of extension in July? But again his old marriage is still on the passport and obviously there is no cancelation of that visa.. so maybe again stolen story but this time go to IO with the new wife and documents? 

Any info from you guys and from @ubonjoewould help.

PS: he is really in stress about this and really feeling down and hopless. I fear he will do something stupid.

Thanks

Edited by problemfarang

4 hours ago, problemfarang said:

This man wants to get rid of this non-o situation as soon as possible, and wants to get non-b because of his work. His next extension is in mid July. But again he wants to get rid of this non-o as soon as possible. 

He can still work with a non-o visa and a extension of stay based upon working. I assume he has that type of extension now. That is probably what the agent arranged when he got divorced.

A question answered by him would help at this time. A copy of his current extension stamp would help.

Getting a new passport and then claiming he was on a non-b visa would not work and that is certainty.

The only way he can get a non-b visa entry now is to leave the country without a work permit and get a non-b visa at a embassy or consulate.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

He can still work with a non-o visa and a extension of stay based upon working. I assume he has that type of extension now. That is probably what the agent arranged when he got divorced.

A question answered by him would help at this time. A copy of his current extension stamp would help.

Getting a new passport and then claiming he was on a non-b visa would not work and that is certainty.

The only way he can get a non-b visa entry now is to leave the country without a work permit and get a non-b visa at a embassy or consulate.

Hi and thnx for the reply.

Actually he is still on non-o and he used his non-o both for extension and get the workpermit. He could do the extension with the help of the visa agency. And yes he was divorced when he did it. He just gave the copy of marriage documents, ex wife id copy, ex wife house book copy to the agency that was all and agency extended 1 year, and with that extension did his workpermit too. Ex wife doesnt know this. He told her he got non-b aldeady and cancelled non-o. But its lie just to make her think he is not using non-o so she will not try to threaten him with this. 

As you recommended the best way is to go out and come back to thailand with a new non-b

What if... he extend his visa in july again another year BUT this time using working reason? Will they ask anything about the ex wife? Want to see her too like normal marriage extension? If he do that that non-o is no more? 

I know mentioned many time in the forum that marriage visa can be extended using work reason too. But it sounds like it will not work out because marriage visa is  and its extension is for marriage.. it feels like they will not extend marriage visa because you are working. 

Edited by problemfarang

13 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

What if... he extend his visa in july again another year BUT this time using working reason? Will they ask anything about the ex wife? Want to see her too like normal marriage extension? If he do that that non-o is no more? 

He could change the reason for his extension from marriage to working if he can qualify the extension. He would need supporting documents from his employer.

General requirements for the extension is number one here. https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?p=14714

The non-o visa entry would still be the same. The only way to change that is to leave and re-enter the country.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

He could change the reason for his extension from marriage to working if he can qualify the extension. He would need supporting documents from his employer.

General requirements for the extension is number one here. https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?p=14714

The non-o visa entry would still be the same. The only way to change that is to leave and re-enter the country.

Thanks again

I have a problem myself with non-imm and divorce.

I divorced my first wife while on a non-imm 'O'.

I continued using the visa and did a couple of border runs.

Then when the visa expired I extended it for 60 days on grounds of visiting children. 

Then along came covid and the amnesty and later went onto covid extensions. During which time I got married again.

Last week CW said no more covid extensions and that next time I should apply for the marriage ext., which is what I was planning to do anyway.

Problem is, they would surely see the expiration date of my non-imm and the date of my marriage to my second wife. Could an agent sort that out with a 'donation'?

Also, when I first went to do a 90 day report at CW they gave me a map of MTT and told me that I would have to go there.

On the reverse side of the scrap of paper that the map was on, there was some text about 'when divorcing while on a non-imm 'O' one must leave Thailand immediately. . . . .' (I take it that it means within a day or 2 of divorcing?). But anyway, I'm technically on overstay? If so, can an agent also 'donate' this problem away?

I got a permission to stay stamp for up to January 16th 2022. So another way out for me would be leaving and re-entering on a VE which at the moment appears to be a costly and arduous task compared to pre-covid. 

6 hours ago, bobandyson said:

I divorced my first wife while on a non-imm 'O'.

I continued using the visa and did a couple of border runs.

After being issued a multiple entry non-o visa issued by a embassy or consulate it is not tied to you being married.

You will have not problems with immigration since they only issue extensions of stay based upon marriage.