Honda ADV 350 - First Picture ...

properperson

On 3/28/2022 at 10:39 PM, richard_smith237 said:

It wasn’t as busy as previous years (for obvious reasons), but still quite busy (perhaps 60% of previous years). 

an ADV 350 thread), there was a chance to look at the bike, sit on it etc, it's larger than I expected and has a ‘fat <deleted>’ like the Forza and other maxi scooters - no real surprises... 

i sat on one at the dealers and agree "it's larger than i expected" - Nearer in size to the X-ADV 750 than the ADV 150 - More's the pitty .....

no point even thinking about one at the moment though - realistically it will be late June / early July before they are awash in the dealer's showrooms ...

On 3/23/2022 at 8:41 PM, Agusts said:

I also don't see this ADV350 much different from Forza 350, just a bit better shocks and different display (in fact I prefer Forza display anyway and shocks can be replaced if needed) . So we have to wait and see if it really handles much better than Forza, how is the wind and rain protection, seating position and legroom etc. , to see if really any better...

Although some people are already sold on ADV badge and are cash in hand waiting...! (my friend included - he thinks Forza is for old men..., and I bet he thinks this ADV makes him younger...!!!? lol ????)

not the same handlebar, fork, shock absorbers, tires, seat....

3 hours ago, pbas400 said:

not the same handlebar, fork, shock absorbers, tires, seat....

Sure , but will that make a lot of difference for usual use..., need to try both to know...

All of that could cause a rough uncomfortable ride on asohalt and highway, that's what most people in say Bangkok or Phuket or big city will use it for, I doubt they take it off road even 5% of the time, for 95% of the time a Forza maybe better...!? 

Of course for that 95% they can pretend they are on an adventure bike going on an adventure.... lol ????

13 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Sure , but will that make a lot of difference for usual use..., need to try both to know...

All of that could cause a rough uncomfortable ride on asohalt and highway, that's what most people in say Bangkok or Phuket or big city will use it for, I doubt they take it off road even 5% of the time, for 95% of the time a Forza maybe better...!? 

Of course for that 95% they can pretend they are on an adventure bike going on an adventure.... lol ????

Do you honestly think the ride is going to be noticeably any different between the Forza or ADV350 at all ????

The vast majority, if not all scooter riders would struggle to tell the difference between an XMAX, Forza, ADV350....

Its ultimately about ‘what we like the look of’ when it comes to these types of scooter (IMO).

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2022 at 3:26 PM, piston broke said:

i sat on one at the dealers and agree "it's larger than i expected" - Nearer in size to the X-ADV 750 than the ADV 150 - More's the pitty .....

no point even thinking about one at the moment though - realistically it will be late June / early July before they are awash in the dealer's showrooms ...

Saw yesterday and wow its awesome, 187k definitely thinking about ordering, dealer said "6 month wait as made in Japan" 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

Saw yesterday and wow its awesome, 187k definitely thinking about ordering, dealer said "6 month wait as made in Japan" 

I read many dealers rolling them out around 15 Apr...

That would be very interesting if made in Japan...!

I think ADV150 is made in Thailand for Thai market, but not sure about XADV750... 

A made in Japan bike will be a world of difference in my book, even if both by Honda... ????

But as it has the same engine as Forza 350, and that's made here, I had expected the same..

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Anyone managed to get one yet ?... 

No where seems to have them available (or already full with orders). 

A review here, and not only a positive one. I Checked his review on a bike I know Honda xb500x just to compare his view, and would say he is quite spot on comparing to my experience.

However I believe he have some valid points worth pay attention to 

https://youtu.be/5JSmsgWMbbo

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Hummin said:

A review here, and not only a positive one. I Checked his review on a bike I know Honda xb500x just to compare his view, and would say he is quite spot on comparing to my experience.

However I believe he have some valid points worth pay attention to 

https://youtu.be/5JSmsgWMbbo

I saw loads of reviews... saw it in the flesh at the motorshow. They weren’t taking orders (or rather, they weren’t taking any more orders). 

Called around plenty of dealerships - with the ‘No have’ or ‘booking full’ response...  

It seems like its already an incredibly popular bike.

This FB ad has advertised one for rent in Phuket with photos, I wanted to take it for a day test drive , but told it's not available but other bike types are available, not sure if it was real or just for marketing attraction... ! ?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/495152212247230/

There is Thai Group on FB with ADV 350 something with many post of people having it , AND spend so much on blings decorating it - I feel people buy the bike for that sometimes rather than riding ... ! 555 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 11:55 AM, richard_smith237 said:

I saw loads of reviews... saw it in the flesh at the motorshow. They weren’t taking orders (or rather, they weren’t taking any more orders). 

Called around plenty of dealerships - with the ‘No have’ or ‘booking full’ response...  

It seems like its already an incredibly popular bike.

I asked about availability of the ADV350 in two of Mityon Honda Pattaya shops (Mityon has pretty much a monopoly in Pattaya) and also Bowin Honda dealers Chonburi. None knew when they would get stock. I asked if they had any update at all from Honda, and they said they are told nothing.

How can Honda not give at least some time scale, 1 month, 2 months, whatever? Surely they have a production schedule, even if there is a chip shortage.

When asked, none of the staff even knew where the bikes for Thailand where made. One guessed at Vietnam!

FYI, It is not just Honda having new bike supply difficulties. I was in the Yamaha dealers and they had a new XMax. I asked how long was the waiting time for that, and was told that was ordered in January. Secon hand prices will be going up at this rate!

• 5 months later...

Hi. Just a quick update. I did eventually take the plunge and brought the ADV 350. Absolutely love it. Very easy to ride and comfortable. A surprising turn of speed also. It is the first Honda scooter I have owned, I also own an Aerox. The stand out points are how smooth it is to ride, the engine is real smooth and suspension great. The fit and finish is also very good.

After riding it for nearly 5 months, I would not hesitate to buy again.

Cheers.

• Thumbs Up 1

How is the supply of new ADV350 in Honda dealers in Phuket now...? Or nationwide for that matter...

A friend of mine is going to Phuket and plan to buy a new one this month. I thought there was a 2 months or more waiting list for these a while ago, so not sure if he can find one so quickly...