New honda PCX 160: Where to buy ? (Pattaya)

Spellforce

I would like to replace my old Honda PCX 150.

I did a search and apparently the new 2021 PCX are 160cc.

Honda advertised the ABS model at 91,900 Bahts:

image.png.18cf3d697414a6b6d953d75dd24ea48a.png

... but I called Mythion (Pattaya Tai, corner 3rd road) and they told me that this model is for sale at 107,000 Bahts... 15,000 bahts more than the official retail price ?

What such a difference of price ? Where could I find that model with a good price ?

33 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

Yes that's doable ! ????

... but I have hundred's shops to call ? Nobody knows what shop has the best deals in Bangkok ?

image.png.ebc1b20c850ee28a07e823d9268062a4.png

Call the big guys. When I bought mine in 2018 I went to a lot of dealers. The one with the best price was the largest. And their customer service has been great. Bought my CRF from them also. In CNX

Edited by seedy
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, malt25 said:

I know I'm nit-picking, I can't help it. It's NOT BAHTS !!!  It's Baht.... I Baht.... 5 Baht....  A million Baht. End of story. Ok, I'll calm down now. It's almost beer O'clock.

Speaking of the Baht, I sometimes wonder why The Simpsons never made an episode in Thailand. Bart could have had a lot of fun with Bahts.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, malt25 said:

I know I'm nit-picking, I can't help it. It's NOT BAHTS !!!  It's Baht.... I Baht.... 5 Baht....  A million Baht. End of story. Ok, I'll calm down now. It's almost beer O'clock.

I know I'm nit-picking, but it should not be capitalised either. 

Edited by alien365
  • Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 4:41 PM, Spellforce said:

It looks like they raised the prices for 2 reasons:

- the new 160cc models are new (less than 2-3 months) and will replace the old 150cc models = the pride to ride the last new model

- Honda has some problems of production (electonic componants)

Nope, it's been that way for years on the pcx. 

I've used the website below for years and pcx models always differ hugely. Click, wave, Scoopy same price as dealer, not pcx. 

IMG_20211126_040711.thumb.jpg.868135bc59c80dd79686a9b0956983d2.jpg

2 hours ago, LarrySR said:

10 years ago, Asia City Motors in Bowin loved to undercut the Pattaya dealer prices. 

The owner came and picked me up, took me to the shop and I saved 10,000Bt on my Honda scoot.

Yes that right.

I bought the very first gen 150cc PCX from them because the Pattaya dealers wanted about 5-7000 baht above the sticker price but ACM sold it at sticker price.

They even delivered the scooter to my house in Pattaya for free.

I still have the scooter by the way.

• Like 1

You guys are lucky, having the option to buy one from your local showroom just by either financing it there or by paying a bit of a premium over MSRP.  Here in the U.S. I'd have to drive to another state to find either a Yamaha or Honda new in stock for the 150cc models.  The 125s are only slightly more available.  On the other hand there are lots of Taiwanese scooters to choose from.  

• 5 months later...
On 11/26/2021 at 6:32 AM, LarrySR said:

10 years ago, Asia City Motors in Bowin loved to undercut the Pattaya dealer prices. 

The owner came and picked me up, took me to the shop and I saved 10,000Bt on my Honda scoot.

contacted them and now they are selling at similar priced as Mityon Pattaya - 108k for PCX 160ABS

even Honda headquarter Thailand wouldnt help - "contatct your local dealer" was the only response

any update where I can get the PCX 160ABS for the 93.900 advertised on the webpage?

Thanks

Edited by MrJ

23 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Yes it should. I'm SHOUTING !

In one instance you were shouting, but after that (1 Baht, 5 Baht) you weren't. Unless it starts a sentence it should be baht, not Baht. It's the same with euros or pounds. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, alien365 said:
44 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Yes it should. I'm SHOUTING !

In one instance you were shouting, but after that (1 Baht, 5 Baht) you weren't. Unless it starts a sentence it should be baht, not Baht. It's the same with euros or pounds

When you guys are finished, any word on the issue below? ????

21 hours ago, MrJ said:

any update where I can get the PCX 160ABS for the 93.900 advertised on the webpage?

????

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 1