New honda PCX 160: Where to buy ? (Pattaya)

Spellforce

17 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Honda has ABS models listed at 86k baht 

It would be great to get it for this price. 

IMG_20220621_042254.jpg

Haven't seen the big dealer that does online/out of province delivery offer PCX and Click 160 at the moment, seem to be getting snapped up quick, only chance if you want to pay the MRSP is wait for the motorshow in Bangkok and pay a deposit there, 

• 1 year later...

Mityon Pattaya South wants 105 for red mat PCX 160 abs. Can pay cash. On Theprasit they only sell for installments but Click and Aerox they sell cash!

Mityon is 11.5k more expensive than the Internet on the PCX but 1k cheaper on the ADV which they sell at 108. But their ADV:s are grey or painted "Captain America" (=come bomb me, if someone goes adventuring in Sahara ???? )  Not suitable for an "adventure" bike, imho.

I don't know so much about bikes so I write here and hope those who owned bikes a while will comment.

The 160 abs PCX I rent now is very nice. Lower leg lift to get on than ADV. Not so worn but the windscreen joint has been glued. First service Feb. 2022, 6000 km. I don't know what I should offer the rental shop for it, if they sell?

Bikes don't fall in price so much so maybe better to buy new. But I don't know if a new farlang bike might attract attention and trouble?

Strange some bikes only sell on installments. And it is not possible to order a special color or model from Bangkok. Maybe room for business. Manage installments and locate bikes in Bangkok and sell for order in Pattaya etc. Just transport them on a pick up.

Any comments appreciated.

Edited by thailandsgreat

2 hours ago, thailandsgreat said:

Mityon Pattaya South wants 105 for red mat PCX 160 abs. Can pay cash. On Theprasit they only sell for installments but Click and Aerox they sell cash!

Mityon is 11.5k more expensive than the Internet on the PCX but 1k cheaper on the ADV which they sell at 108. But their ADV:s are grey or painted "Captain America" (=come bomb me, if someone goes adventuring in Sahara ???? )  Not suitable for an "adventure" bike, imho.

I don't know so much about bikes so I write here and hope those who owned bikes a while will comment.

The 160 abs PCX I rent now is very nice. Lower leg lift to get on than ADV. Not so worn but the windscreen joint has been glued. First service Feb. 2022, 6000 km. I don't know what I should offer the rental shop for it, if they sell?

Bikes don't fall in price so much so maybe better to buy new. But I don't know if a new farlang bike might attract attention and trouble?

Strange some bikes only sell on installments. And it is not possible to order a special color or model from Bangkok. Maybe room for business. Manage installments and locate bikes in Bangkok and sell for order in Pattaya etc. Just transport them on a pick up.

Any comments appreciated.

Many people buy from Asia City Motors in Bowin, they are on facebook, try and get Grail on Line or messenger but i hear she may have left, others English isn't great. Cheaper for sure

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Many people buy from Asia City Motors in Bowin, they are on facebook, try and get Grail on Line or messenger but i hear she may have left, others English isn't great. Cheaper for sure

when I have tried last year Asia City Motors had similar inflated prices and finance only.....ended up buying a young 2nd hand NMax and satisfied

Edited by MrJ

43 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

I will sure check them out. There is also this in Sattahip, I believe

https://maps.app.goo.gl/U6vh2ABQzEpKwdNu8

Another Mityon, same Pattaya, maybe falang tax, try and see.

With Asia City Motors i organised everything on Line, got taxi there, paid and away i went, simple

Edited by scubascuba3

46 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Another Mityon, same Pattaya, maybe falang tax, try and see.

With Asia City Motors i organised everything on Line, got taxi there, paid and away i went, simple

Thanks. I will definitely check them out. I think I only need certificate of residence. If I go to BI in Jomtien I hope it is a simple process, 500B? I only show passport and fill out address? I think I can use the same certificate of residence for different motorbike shops?

All upside down right now. Samsung original workshop should change phone battery that was swollen but they broke motherboard. Lots of discussions but it seems they will fix it without ME paying 12k baht and they lent me a phone. Lets hope no further surprises on Monday at pick up.

Edited by thailandsgreat

7 hours ago, thailandsgreat said:

I think I only need certificate of residence. If I go to BI in Jomtien I hope it is a simple process, 500B? I only show passport and fill out address? I think I can use the same certificate of residence for different motorbike shops?

It's 300 baht at Immigration, 2 photos, passport, copies, form, address proof such as rental agreement or hotel bill. Only need it when you pay for bike

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's 300 baht at Immigration, 2 photos, passport, copies, form, address proof such as rental agreement or hotel bill. Only need it when you pay for bike

Thanks. I guess this will  be the one to download, if and when the time to buy  bike comes. Right now focus on having phone repaired.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://thailand.acclime.com/wp-content/uploads/certificate-of-residence.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjbv5ffkZyBAxVESmwGHVtDAVYQFnoECAwQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1ahCljQlD7s32RK0CFvmy_

Also see some blokes are adding hooks for hanging stuff you buy on the PCX, where the handlebar is affixed. PCX is bigger than the Click so you can still hang some stuff there.

Checked out three big stores for helmets in Bangkok. 30.000k is a common price. Finally bought a Real at 2600. Barely fits under the seat of the PCX. Also learnt that for some brands the outer shell is the same for XL and XXL. Just less padding in the XXL ...

Taxis in BKK drive after Google maps. On the way to a bike shop we got into a narrow path along a canal and could not pass over a small bridge. We backed all the way and managed to turn the car in the temple area we had just driven through. Then I realized my Google maps was set for motorbike ???? Fortunately Thai people are usually cool and jai-yen.

Edited by thailandsgreat

22 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Depends i guess, my Click 160 was listed price

I find that the Mityon dealers are all selling Clicks at the internet listed pricing. 

It's only the PCX and ADV that are over inflated with their dealer pricing 

You want a regular Thai bile, Click, zoomer, Scoopy, wave etc the dealers prices are selling listed 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

4 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I find that the Mityon dealers are all selling Clicks at the internet listed pricing. 

It's only the PCX and ADV that are over inflated with their dealer pricing 

When i bought my Click they were selling above listed price, falang tax added. What's the price they are selling at now?

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

When i bought my Click they were selling above listed price, falang tax added. What's the price they are selling at now?

I'll check and get back. 

BTW, I read you paid for your Click in advance and rode away, that's very convenient. Did you have to return to the dealership a couple of weeks later to get the white number plate? 

Also i read that you was thinking of buying a Honda Lead for the extra under seat room, why did you get a Click? 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

20 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I'll check and get back. 

BTW, I read you paid for your Click in advance and rode away, that's very convenient. Did you have to return to the dealership a couple of weeks later to get the white number plate? 

Also i read that you was thinking of buying a Honda Lead for the extra under seat room, why did you get a Click? 

i arranged everything on Line, got the docs etc then when i picked up paid in full. I went back for the white plate and green book after about 3 weeks.

The Lead just isn't that popular, some people don't like the smaller wheels, a know someone who bought one and just didn't like it, didn't feel right. I would like a little more underseat storage though for a good full face helmet, but I don't want a bigger bike, no need 

It looks like Thai people love the Filano for extra storage and not the Lead (37 ltr!). Both 125 cc.

Maybe the extra storage gives a nice empty barrel VW sound when not loaded? Hasnt the PCX a little of that ???? ?  But I like the PCX 160 abs I rent now.

Edited by thailandsgreat

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i arranged everything on Line, got the docs etc then when i picked up paid in full. I went back for the white plate and green book after about 3 weeks.

The Lead just isn't that popular, some people don't like the smaller wheels, a know someone who bought one and just didn't like it, didn't feel right. I would like a little more underseat storage though for a good full face helmet, but I don't want a bigger bike, no need 

I reckon honda click is the best Bang for bucks, you made the right choice. ????

It's just that I'm a little too tall to fit on a click, I've got to stick with the pcx or nmax 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2023 at 2:05 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Has anyone got the Asia City Motor Line account name. I want to get a quote on a new ADV160?  Sorry just saw on their web site asiacitymotor1

Edited by Henryford

• 2 weeks later...

Have been looking at PCX / ADV 160 recently, doing endless research and procrastinating before I commit - they both seem to have their pros and cons.

The 86,xxx PCX 160 price is for the combi brake version.

Click 160 abs seems to be unavailable.

Here where I am (not Patts)

PCX 160 abs is 93,600

ADV is 98,600 - cash, on the road prices.

Just a heads up - any of the Honda 160 engined scooters produced before 26th April this Year can be prone to faulty gearing in the oil pump, and can, on faliure, damage your engine.

You are entitled to have it checked and open a claim for replacement if needs be - any authorised Honda dealer must honour this for free.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Pla Simon said:

Just a heads up - any of the Honda 160 engined scooters produced before 26th April this Year can be prone to faulty gearing in the oil pump, and can, on faliure, damage your engine.

i wonder if anyone has checked in Pattaya? i wouldn't be surprise if the dealer just pretends they don't know of any issue

23 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Doesn't that depend where you try and buy? of course Mityon will add on falang tax

I've visited a few Honda showrooms around Thailand, they won't sell for listed price, they don't like cash either, finance preferred.

Could be because I'm a foreigner. 

I would like to hear from anyone that has bought a PCX160 for the listed price and paid cash. 

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I've visited a few Honda showrooms around Thailand, they won't sell for listed price, they don't like cash either, finance preferred.

I would like to hear from anyone that has bought a PCX160 for the listed price and paid cash. 

Most Honda dealers are usually the same for bike at this price or higher, like Forza etc.,  always say no Hab, or finance only, Honda should really do something about it, it's a disgrace...! 

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

After going to several Mityon in and out of Pattata lately, I couldn't find one PCX 160 abs close to 94k. I found some ADV at 108 which is not "so bad" I believe but only the "Captain America" paint job. The ADV is more expensive I believe, I didn't check that market.

Mityon Theprasit will only sell PCX on installments but sell Click Cash.

My experience is only Pattaya area but for me as a farlang there was a hefty farlang tax.

If you order a special color or edition the response can vary from "ok, we can bring it in this afternoon" (which they did even though I didnt ask for it) to "pay one thousand deposit and wait 1-2 months and we'll see what we can do"  ????

Edited by thailandsgreat

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i wonder if anyone has checked in Pattaya? i wouldn't be surprise if the dealer just pretends they don't know of any issue

Honda Thailand is well aware of this issue - hence they have opened the ability to claim. The internet is abuzz with many Thai consumer reports about this, but yes, some lazy or unauthorised dealers will try to fob off the customers.

Best to find a legitimate dealer and have the issue checked.

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

The list price is 87k baht but you can't buy for this price. 

https://www.thaihonda.co.th/honda/motorcycle/automatic/new-pcx-160-2023

The PCX (combi brake) list price is 87,400 - ADV is 99,900.

I have, however managed to find both the PCX abs version and latest ADV version (blue) for slightly less than RRP, as I alluded to earlier.

Greedy dealer premiums are not a 'farang tax' they are charging the same for Thai people also - especially when the latest and greatest models or newest colour scheme are released - the 'Lambo grey' being an example.

However, some dealers do not have a mark up and sell at RRP.

Dealer specific.

Where I live - depending on the dealer, I can go today and pick up both the ADV and PCX at below RRP - OTR - for cash.

I can also go and pay a 10,000 thb premium, or pay RRP plus registration and insurance on top.

17 hours ago, Pla Simon said:

Have been looking at PCX / ADV 160 recently, doing endless research and procrastinating before I commit - they both seem to have their pros and cons.

The 86,xxx PCX 160 price is for the combi brake version.

Click 160 abs seems to be unavailable.

Here where I am (not Patts)

PCX 160 abs is 93,600

ADV is 98,600 - cash, on the road prices.

You are entitled to have it checked and open a claim for replacement if needs be - any authorised Honda dealer must honour this for free.

Where are you Simon to get the ADV160 for 98.600 on the road. That's below list.

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

Where are you Simon to get the ADV160 for 98.600 on the road. That's below list.

Hi Henryford.

I live on Cambo border, outside Surin

Honda dealer in Amphur Sangkha - about 30km from me, offered me PCX 160 abs (Lambo grey) for 93,600 - OTR.

ADV 160 (pearl bosporus blue) for 98,600 OTR.

Cash price, without negotiating.

Both are sat on forecourt.

The dealer saw me and almost tripped over, running with a wai, seemed ready to rip my arm off.

30km the otherway, Honda Kap Choeng is selling ADV (pearl bosporus blue) for 109,900 - OTR - slightly negotiable for cash.

Surin city - Big Honda dealer - ADV 160 (pearl bosporus blue) 99,900, but extra for tax and registration.

All dealers were very quiet when I popped in.

Supply and demand.

• Like 1