New honda PCX 160: Where to buy ? (Pattaya)

Spellforce

13 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

When you guys are finished, any word on the issue below? ????

????

Sorry about that. I'd even forgotten about the thread before this morning. Any news OP on whether you managed to get the PCX at the advertised price? 

13 hours ago, alien365 said:

Sorry about that. I'd even forgotten about the thread before this morning. Any news OP on whether you managed to get the PCX at the advertised price? 

No worries mate. 

Reading the comments kept me humoured in between reading the ladyboy article and the Indians getting their gold chains stolen.

????

• Haha 2

does anybody knows the difference between the NEW Click  ACB160CATN TH  and  ACB160CBTN TH  it appears these 4 letters mean something but can't figure out what they are

On 5/14/2022 at 10:22 AM, MrJ said:

update - cash price Bowin 108K, Sattahip 120K, BKK and Rayong refusing cash deal and only selling for finance

maybe opting for NMax instead about 90k?

is NMax better then Aerox, what's the difference for city riding

Sadly, the problem isn't about Honda products, they are good...

Most of the problems come from the Honda "small bikes" dealership network and how at Honda TH they manage it.

Just my 2 cents

Edited by Fab5BKK
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2022 at 10:56 PM, Fab5BKK said:

Sadly, the problem isn't about Honda products, they are good...

Most of the problems come from the Honda "small bikes" dealership network and how at Honda TH they manage it.

Just my 2 cents

+1 from me, this is spot on, they are independent franchise entities in Thailand, Honda has very little say in what they do and their pricing etc. , even spare parts.

My own experience with Phuket "Cartel"  Honda dealerships and Forza spare parts has been terrible, they put on outrageous extras on prices of parts....????

Why bother with all their <deleted>, just buy an NMax if available at list price, you don't even have to deal with Honda dealership later for service and parts - you won't regret it, and I heard from friends Yamaha is much better respecting their 3 years or 30k km warranty ...., no brainer ! 

45 minutes ago, Agusts said:

+1 from me, this is spot on, they are independent franchise entities in Thailand, Honda has very little say in what they do and their pricing etc. , even spare parts.

My own experience with Phuket "Cartel"  Honda dealerships and Forza spare parts has been terrible, they put on outrageous extras on prices of parts....????

Why bother with all their <deleted>, just buy an NMax if available at list price, you don't even have to deal with Honda dealership later for service and parts - you won't regret it, and I heard from friends Yamaha is much better respecting their 3 years or 30k km warranty ...., no brainer ! 

thanks - Yamaha currently 50k km or 5 years warranty (small bikes only)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrJ said:

thanks - Yamaha currently 50k km or 5 years warranty (small bikes only)

What can I say, even better.... 5 years ! , they changed my friend's Aerox dash LCD free when it died and it was even after 30k km. 

Honda told me the LCD blue light that died on my Forza dash is not even under warranty....!!!!

18 hours ago, Agusts said:

What can I say, even better.... 5 years ! , they changed my friend's Aerox dash LCD free when it died and it was even after 30k km. 

Honda told me the LCD blue light that died on my Forza dash is not even under warranty....!!!!

Yes, my friend's Aerox dash went the same. Free replacement, even though the bike was 4 years old, and when brought the bikes had 3 years warranty. As mentioned is now 5 years on new Aerox/Nmax. FYI, it did take about 3 months for the new dash to arrive,

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Update: I finally purchased one PCX 160 with ABS at Mition last month (108k).

I really love that new model, but there is only one thing that I dont like. When I stoped the bike, I have to stop the motor then... pick up the remote from my pocket, find the good remote and then press the "lock" button for 5 seconds, wait for the red color, and then wait another 2 seconds to listen the "bip" confirmation from the bike.

Is there a way to quickly lock the bike without that remote ?

4 hours ago, Spellforce said:

I really love that new model, but there is only one thing that I dont like. When I stoped the bike, I have to stop the motor then... pick up the remote from my pocket, find the good remote and then press the "lock" button for 5 seconds, wait for the red color, and then wait another 2 seconds to listen the "bip" confirmation from the bike.

I have zero experience with bike remotes, but I read that on Xmax if you walk away with remote in your pocket, the bike will automatically lock after certain distance..., I'm sure other guys with remote bikes will help you in a minute though... 

On 6/13/2022 at 11:57 AM, Spellforce said:

I never take the remote out of my pocket, stop the bike, turn the on/off switch to the right side/off position, all is locked and 2-3 seconds later the bip comes on but the remote was not touched, it's all automatic on my 2 years old  150 Click they said PCX has same system if it works for me it should work for u

• Like 1

if you managed to get one from the big Bangkok dealers that does online price for Honda's MSRP or even less cash there's still problem come servicing time, even though the local dealer's supposed to accept all warranty work and servicing, if you turn up with a bike not bought from them they might give you a run around and say they're fully booked for the day and come back later 

• Confused 1

On 5/14/2022 at 10:22 AM, MrJ said:

update - cash price Bowin 108K, Sattahip 120K, BKK and Rayong refusing cash deal and only selling for finance

maybe opting for NMax instead about 90k?

I have an NMAX 155. Love it, stable on the road but small enough for parking. Go smaller in the city though.

On 6/13/2022 at 4:47 PM, Agusts said:

I have zero experience with bike remotes, but I read that on Xmax if you walk away with remote in your pocket, the bike will automatically lock after certain distance..., I'm sure other guys with remote bikes will help you in a minute though... 

I've just tried, it works: if the remote stays 4-5 meters away from the bike, the engine doesn't start.

But... if I go away 2-3 meters, a thief can jump on the bike, start the engine and go ! Then even if the bike is further than 5 meters, the engine wont stop ! ????

On 6/14/2022 at 4:42 PM, Mavideol said:

I never take the remote out of my pocket, stop the bike, turn the on/off switch to the right side/off position, all is locked and 2-3 seconds later the bip comes on but the remote was not touched, it's all automatic on my 2 years old  150 Click they said PCX has same system if it works for me it should work for u

Sorry that doesn't work with the PCX.

Conclusion: the only 100% safe way to lock one PCX is to use the remote.

I have older gen Honda 3 button remote, if the third button is held down until the light flash red, the remote is 'off' and you can be near the bike and it won't start, it's supposed to be for when you are sitting on a cafe near the bike on the roadside or popping into 7-11, if you didn't turn the remote off, anyone could have hop on your bike press the lock knob and start it and rode of with you standing nearby

the newer bikes seem to only have 2 buttons only, so not sure if that still work

On 6/17/2022 at 1:14 PM, cjinchiangrai said:

I have an NMAX 155. Love it, stable on the road but small enough for parking. Go smaller in the city though.

Just bought 2nd NMax(new not available) PCX ABS now 110k incl. registration in Pattaya ????

20 minutes ago, MrJ said:

Just bought 2nd NMax(new not available) PCX ABS now 110k incl. registration in Pattaya ????

that's almost 20 grand over the list price, do they still throw in things like free helmets and jacket to soften the blow? 

• Haha 1