Insurance for visa extension

I need to extend my tourist visa tomorrow (I'll get 60 days for the COVID extensions if they'll let me) and I just realized my insurance I purchased is expired soon (the 100k USD for the COE). Do I need to purchase more insurance to get an extension? Are they even asking this to anyone? The insurance required has been reduced to 50k now but I'm not sure what the rules are (they probably don't know either!).

56 minutes ago, tonray said:

That's only required upon entering Thailand

true but I wonder if they want it perpetually extended as per extensions. My feeling is it's going to be a "don't ask, don't tell" kind of thing.

I'm also curious if they're gonna be checking our tracking apps to see if we've been naughty....

10 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

true but I wonder if they want it perpetually extended as per extensions. My feeling is it's going to be a "don't ask, don't tell" kind of thing.

I'm also curious if they're gonna be checking our tracking apps to see if we've been naughty....

No insurance for extensions.

No to your other question.

You will be required to obtain the standard 30 day extension prior to obtaining covid extension.

So 30 day extension will take you till late Dec.

At that point you can obtain 60 day covid extension.

Take you through till late Feb.

Edited by DrJack54

Just now, NorthernRyland said:

That's good to know thank you. Seems like a strange requirement but I guess they get more money that way. ????

It's one requirement that I'm not critical of. The 30 day extension to visa exempt and tourist visa is available and reasonable you obtain this first.

For married guys that have option of obtaining 60 day extension to visit wife they might also need to obtain that prior to any covid extension. Not 100% sure on that.