Hair says it all

AustinRacing

On 11/26/2021 at 9:49 AM, AustinRacing said:

Older men dye their hair to portray an image to onlookers of a younger person. One can interpret it as being vane, disingenuous, deceptive or in simple terms fake.

Bit like the vane, disingenuous, deceptive or, in simple terms, fake who shave their heads and then think that they look ok!

• Thanks 1

On 11/26/2021 at 10:19 AM, Will B Good said:

Dyed hair (on men) looks ridiculous......as bad as a poorly fitted syrup.......no way!

I notice you avoided including women in your comment, I guess you have seen the "very brave man" jokes.

Older men dye their hair to portray an image to onlookers of a younger person.

Surely, first and foremost, it is to delude themselves that they look like a younger person. Once they are convinced that they look like they have just returned from a visit to the Fountain of Youth, they are ready to go outside intent on deluding everyone else.

Often, of course,  these sad people are just making fools of themselves.

But, hey, who are we to judge?

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

I’m 71 in a couple of months I can say that I have never ever dyed my hair 

Only time I ever put anything but shampoo and conditioner in my hair was during a 10" pump move. Short a gasket so used silicone on the flange. Crossing underneath the pipeline I never even noticed that the top of my head brushed up against it.

Finished work that day, jumped into the shower - !!!

Did the Yul Brynner right after !!! 555

Why is it only ugly people who say that it is vain to look after your appearance?

Hair dye for men is very advanced these days. I'll bet the majority of p-isstakers wouldn't recognise a dyed bonce on a fifty years old sat next to him in a bar if they saw one.

Those ancient, black and far too obvious concoctions (like Anutin's now) were ridiculous. 

Do you reckon Old Joe Biden has had a facelift then? So few sags and wrinkles for his age, imo.

3 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

Women young and old dye their hair, some of its fashion, sometimes to look younger. So what the problem with men dyeing their hair??

Or is the OP being sexist?? Its just personal choice!

Not sure how sexist comes into it. I was focusing pretty much on Thai leaders who happen to be pretty much men mostly old (ish) who dye their hair. Very common here and very uncommon in western countries. Of course it’s a personal choice. 

4 hours ago, kennw said:

I notice you avoided including women in your comment, I guess you have seen the "very brave man" jokes.

Hahaha.......... no I haven't, but women with dyed hair is a very different story to sad old men pretending to be young.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, malibukid said:

check out Steve Van Zandt on Lilyhammer

Apparently you haven't noticed that Hollywood has been dying actors and actresses hair BLACK for decades?

They even do it to blonde blondes 

Why?

The majority of the people in the world have black hair.  More relatable.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Apparently you haven't noticed that Hollywood has been dying actors and actresses hair BLACK for decades?

They even do it to blonde blondes 

Why?

The majority of the people in the world have black hair.  More relatable.

I read 'somewhere' that blonde hair/blue eyes will be gone in as little as 100 years!!!

6 hours ago, Kinok Powell said:

I am 72 and never dreamed of dying my hair.

I probably would though if i had any!

I'm 72 with no hair so I dye my eyebrows.  The chicks dig it.

How do I know?  Just the kind of looks you get in everyday 

mingling in society is enough.

• Haha 1

What's the problem if some men put color in their hair?

I still have no grey hair but one day they will come. Currently lots of people think I am younger than I am and it seems my hair is one or maybe the main reason for that.

Maybe one day my hair will be grey and maybe I don't like it. And then?

It seems many women do a lot more than just a little hair color. Botox and cosmetic surgery seems to be very common. So with all the equal rights and all that why should men not do that if they want to?

I don't think it makes them look any younger. Just as case of vanity.

The same as the "comb over" or pony tail for bald men.

At least with the asians dying their hair black it looks more natural than some of those odd shades of brown the white men do. Especially when they still have gfrey eyebrows.

Lung Too 's hair looks remarkably black.