Forest cut down Kasetsin top of cosy beach

scubascuba3

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

We know that Thais don't seem to protect trees, anyway a load of trees have been cut down, mostly thinned out so I don't see how they can build a shopping mall here as previously reported.

Last weekend I stood on the steps of BigC-X looking at a pickup heading out of town, well overloaded with cut up trunks and branches and I thought 'another tree gone' From there perhaps. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

Fifteen straggly trees doth not maketh a forest, it maketh firewood in the wild.

15? you counted them? I'd guess at 100+, this is part of the Pratumnak forest probably the only park tree area in Pattaya area

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

15? you counted them? I'd guess at 100+, this is part of the Pratumnak forest probably the only park tree area for miles around

I stand corrected.

One hundred (approximately) straggly trees doth not maketh a forest (or even a jungle), it maketh firewood in the wild.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Guderian said:

They did it a few years ago to a plot of land almost next door to the village where I live in South Pattaya. Previously it had been forested with some very tall, attractive wispy trees that moved with the slightest breeze and were a delight to look at waving and dancing around. Then came the axeman and he felled the lot, leaving scrub that soon grew into a small jungle but minus any nice trees. I guess the owner must have thought he was going to sell the plot and so cleared it, but that then fell through and we lost about the only decent patch of tall trees left around here for nothing. Very sad.

Yes sounds sad, look what happened to Pattaya beach, they tried desperately to cut down the beach trees until some influential Thais managed to stop it, it doesn't look good for the future of trees here

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

Everyday for a month I hear and see the bulldozer leveling the land and removing trees as your photographs show.  It went from beautiful to ugly very quickly.

So I spoke to the longtime Thai couple who sells motor scooter gasoline out of whiskey bottles who just moved their hootch off the land being cleared and she said a new restaurant area is coming.  I asked if the food was delicious and she got a big smile and said "Aroi".  I interpreted it to mean a Thai style night market filled with little thai restaurants is coming.

As Cosy Beach has developed over the years she has been right on the money most times.

• Like 2