OA Visa 800k Transfer query

Hi All

I have recently arrived in Thailand on an O-A visa. I have managed to open a bank account at Bangkok Bank. I am intending on depositing 800k Thai Baht into the account to meet the immigration requirements. My question is about source of funds.

I have read that for the 65k Baht a month option, there has to be proof that each month the funds came from abroad - from what I have read on here and other sites, this can be problematic as the transfers (even using Wise/TransferWise with the retirement option selected ) are showing as Bahtnet and not a foreign transfer. I have yet to find someone who has resolved that issue - sorry I digress as this is not my issue as I intend to just transfer 800k and leave it there 

Does the 800k have to show as a foreign transfer or are the source of the funds not important - I have done some "dummy" small transfers and so far everything is showing as domestic (I've used a SWIFT transfer from a UK bank, a wise Transfer and now a Western Union transfer) - everything shows as domestic - will this be a problem at immigration office? The official Thai Government websites I have found only seem to mention the 65k / month option as having to show as international - there is nothing stated for the 800k transfer option

Any help much appreciated - preferable with a link to where the info you have comes from rather than your general thoughts on what an immigration officer might say

Many thanks in advance

Tim 

6 minutes ago, Spooky1968 said:

I have the same Visa than you and I didn't need to put the money in any Thai bank.

I submitted, to got my visa, just a doc from one of my bank accounts in Spain with more than those 800,000 baths.

Regards

He already has the visa and is asking about extending in Thailand.  He does need it in Thailand. 

• Like 1

I was at CW BKK Thursday doing my OA extension ( 800k method ) another fella was there doing his OA extension as well - he gets his income salary affidavit letter from the Canada Embassy in BKK and CW accepts it, he does not keep money here or no where near the 800k anyhow, very interesting chat, check with your embassy about an affidavit letter of your bank account at home ( showing 800k equivalent Thai baht )  or salary affidavit from home for OA extensions, CW accepted his on Thursday........

Edited by CANSIAM

3 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

I was at CW BKK Thursday doing my OA extension ( 800k method ) another fella was there doing his OA extension as well - he gets his income salary affidavit letter from the Canada Embassy in BKK and CW accepts it, he does not keep money here or no where near the 800k anyhow, very interesting chat, check with your embassy about an affidavit letter of your bank account at home ( showing 800k equivalent Thai baht )  or salary affidavit from home for OA extensions, CW accepted his on Thursday........

Cannot use affidavit letter for money in the bank method 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

For the 800k baht in the bank you do not have to prove it came from abroad to apply for a extension of stay based upon retirement.

Many thanks for the responses - the above extract from "ubonjoe" is what I was looking for / hoping to see

Please can I just ask - is this written anywhere on a government website etc or is it from passed experiences/what others have said in the past? Having just got here I am already worried that my extension next year is rejected because I can't prove the 800k came from abroad

Kind regards

Tim

10 hours ago, TimF said:

Please can I just ask - is this written anywhere on a government website etc or is it from passed experiences/what others have said in the past? Having just got here I am already worried that my extension next year is rejected because I can't prove the 800k came from abroad

It is not in any written rule you need to prove the 800k baht came from abroad. Many people have been getting extensions for many years without having the proof.

The only time proof is required it came from abroad it for a non-o visa at immigration and the reason for that is that there is no requirement to have the money in the bank for 2 months.

Many thanks for the responses - It has put my mind at rest - even though my 800k will be coming from the UK it seems very difficult (at the moment) to get any transfer (I have done) to show as international

I'll probably do a Wise transfer and keep the PDF printout as some kind of proof if asked

I am newly in Thailand and whilst I have subscribed to the site for a while I have only posted 2 queries and both have been answered so I really appreciate everyone's help

Hopefully I don't have too many queries (that haven't already been answered by other posts)

Kind regards

Tim

• Like 1