Problems with food parcels in Thailand

ikke1959

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I think the problem is with UPS and not with Thai custums, because when I ask for the declaration, they don't respond

You probably already have this info:

Screenshot_20211129-195825.jpg

Edited by MrJ2U

12 hours ago, yankyoakum said:

I have to take bariatric supplements and can not buy here. Have had them sent from USA and as others state DHL FED Ex everything gets held ransom and they end up costing much more to get them out. Just received a package of same stuff, USPS express, from time of order to receive 12 days...package came to house from Thai postman..

Get them sent by the post office, track and trace. Takes around 6 days.

Keep parcel under 2kg to keep cost down and label the contents with some generic name. e.g. meal replacement, but make sure it's not something  highly taxed.

Search the internet for the cheapest price you can find the items and put that as value if you really want to stick to the letter of the law.

Personally I would put even cheaper, but that's me trying to get my own back after they stung me for a single shoe and some of my own clothes I was sending back. 

They do open parcels to inspect, but if you aren't taking liberties, you often just get a small charge.

6 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Declared cost should include the postal charges. It probably pushed you over the duty free amount. 

Sure, but that duty free threshold is £135 and total value was under £100 including shipping....there wasn't a duty charge per se, it just stated a £50 VAT charge, something I've never seen with lots of previous shipments of similar value.................................

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Unless you have tried the tea I mentioned then you have no right to comment on its strength.

If your neighbour's bathwater is still hot and soapy when they throw it out you could re-use that too.

Strewth, I thought I'd seen it all until now. Re-using tea bags. Savages.

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly
  • Like 1