Thai Wife Convicted Of Infecting Canadian Husband With H I V

sriracha john

Let me add to that. Look at the picture of her. Not only did he marry a stripper; he married one that looks like a freakin Telly Tubby.

Love's a wonderful thing baby . . .

Remind me NEVER to go to a strip club in Canada.

My wife looked a hel_l of a lot better 8 years ago than she does now. So did I !!!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weather or not she was a ....striper (I have been warned against more colorful adjectives) Is irrelevant. If a drug addict gets into a argument with his armed and very temperamental dealer and the dealer shoots him, then its usually no problem for the dealer to get the chair (or at least life). Did the junky know the dealer was armed yes, dose it justify him getting shot , of course not.

This woman is guilty of murder and should suffer out the rest of her exsistance behind bars in a dilapidated jail hospital somewhere, praying for the beast to over take her.

Was the guy a foolish moron to marry some (insert colorful adjective here)? Yes without a doubt a idiot, but that doesn't warrant the fate he now must face. The monster is worse than getting shot or stabbed or any normal conventional means of murder. He now has to watch his fat face become lean and his body shrivel up. Witnessing a living hel_l as he becomes a shell of the man he once was. I do feel sorry for him and I hope justice is served, weather inside the courts or out.

Hang on, hang on. I'm not really up on the finer points of criminal law, but doesnt murder require a body or a death or some such small detail as that?

So far as I can tell from the pictures, the chap is neither dead (at least from the neck down) nor a shell of a man. Quite the reverse in fact. Judging by those shoulders, that beautifully cropped skull and that bulldog neck, he seems in fine fettle.

And further, considering the girl was supposedly diagnosed around 1994 and 1995, she's not exactly wasting away herself, is she? On the contrary, I think she's looking rather robust and portly. No . . let's call a spade a spade. She's a right porker.

On a serious note, HIV is no longer a death sentence. I have a friend who was diagnosed HIV positive in 1988. He's healthier than I am and runs the London and New York marathons every year. Actually, he says it was the best thing that ever happened to him. He was a druggie and got it with an infected needle. He says getting infected turned his life around, got him healthy and focused on a career. He's married and very happy (all off topic I know)

Edited by bendix

Bendix, all that being said, if you or someone you loved (And even though I don't know you I pray it never darkens your door) was knowingly infected by someone who just didn't care to let on to the fact that they had it first. Would you think mabey 3 or 4 years in jail is decent or would you prefer a stronger sentence similar to someone who was convicted of murder?

It's an entirely moot point, Neb.

Anyone with any self respect or sense of personal responsibility would not put themselves in that position in the first place. The guy must have known she was suspect.

There is NO excuse for catching HIV by sexual contact these days. NONE whatsoever. Anyone who does is - frankly - an idiot.

The woman is obviously dodgy. She's likely an uneducated chancer who thinks one day to the next (if she's like a typical Thai bargirl). The guy should know better.

I have little sympathy for either of the tragic losers.

Wow Bendix, I have been accused of being surly and mean on more than one occasion but your blood must run especially cold not to have sympathy for someone who was intentionally duped into catching AIDS. And how morbidly indifferent to have no feelings of injustice when the person who knowingly and covertly transmitted AIDS gets off with a smack on the wrist.

AIDS is a beast, and it's evil, sexual contact (between mutually consenting men and women) is natural and normal behavior, certainly not some thing that should warrant death. Wether or not there is an EXCUSE to catch it should be the MOOT point. If you have it don't give it to anyone else! why must it be more complicated than that.

And if we must get technical, has never a condom broke with you before? Dose that make a man a idiot if it dose?

Anyway, I guess you haven't really seen how people die with that shit, and I truly hope you never do.

I have and it's not pretty...it certainly warrants compassion and the desire to stop the disease or at least

AIDS is a beast, and it's evil, sexual contact (between mutually consenting men and women) is natural and normal behavior, certainly not some thing that should warrant death. Wether or not there is an EXCUSE to catch it should be the MOOT point. If you have it don't give it to anyone else! why must it be more complicated than that.

OK, we are jumping around a bit.

1. he has HIV not AIDS; she now 8 years later has full blown aids

2. whether she vindictively infected him or duped him is unknown; sad thing he definitely ended up with it; certainly the odds are not necessarily certain that he would end up with it especially if he engaged in 'ahem' more normal sexual practises not involving backdoor entrances, was circumsized and so forth; maybe somewhere around 1 in 300 or something

3. murder would require a dead body, proof of intention and we end up with a problem being that the, technical term, little porkers are both still here

4. you would need your head read not to check at the least with a woman of such ill repute

5. Bendix has a nice turn of phrase

7. what happened to 6?

6. ah there it is

Why does Canada even give work permits for strippers? Don't they know that there is no such thing as a stripper from Thailand, the Philippines, Costa Rica, etc. They are prostitutes that happen to dance around a pole. I don't see why Canada would want to import prostitutes.

Wow Bendix, I have been accused of being surly and mean on more than one occasion but your blood must run especially cold not to have sympathy for someone who was intentionally duped into catching AIDS. And how morbidly indifferent to have no feelings of injustice when the person who knowingly and covertly transmitted AIDS gets off with a smack on the wrist.

And if we must get technical, has never a condom broke with you before? Dose that make a man a idiot if it dose?

Anyway, I guess you haven't really seen how people die with that shit, and I truly hope you never do.

I have and it's not pretty...it certainly warrants compassion and the desire to stop the disease or at least

I have to agree with you, and we have no idea what this poor slobs frame of mind is/was when he met with this woman. Look at him, must be a douce and a half.... Unfortunatley our creator decided to give us hormones and desires that need to be fed. I have seen the most vile retarded/blind/deaf people that would make rabbits blush. Sorry folks but that is the truth... So the guy gets with her to feed the hunger.... she knowingly did not inform him of the risk..... I pitty the guy.

3 years, that is another smack in this guys face. "Sir we have come to the conclussion that you are an over weight slob that obviously does not care about your own life, so we have decided to give the minimal punishment."

I could go on, I am so fired up about this case!!!!!!! BTW if you do get HIV the life span is about 10 years..... wow, 10 years, a blink in over a life time.

Oh, c'mon Neb & Dakhar. No-one's saying he doesn't have urges, but USE CONDOMS!! I thought, 20-odd years on from the first AIDS publicity, that was common practice now, with any new partner, never mind one that works in the sex industry. He doesn't deserve to have HIV, but then no-one does, IMO. But he should have known better. Nowhere in the articles does it say he used protection which failed (I bet he'd be suing Durex if that were the case!), he gambled (big time) & lost. Yes, of course she deserves to take responsibility for this. She was wrong at the least & more like downright evil, but it doesn't absolve him of all responsibility. He was still an idiot.

BTW, Bendix et al, you can only see her face in the photos. Certain drugs (like steroids) can cause the face to go puffy, so she maybe wasn't quite as heinous as you think when he met her.

Oh, c'mon Neb & Dakhar. No-one's saying he doesn't have urges, but USE CONDOMS!! I thought, 20-odd years on from the first AIDS publicity, that was common practice now, with any new partner, never mind one that works in the sex industry. He doesn't deserve to have HIV, but then no-one does, IMO. But he should have known better. Nowhere in the articles does it say he used protection which failed (I bet he'd be suing Durex if that were the case!), he gambled (big time) & lost. Yes, of course she deserves to take responsibility for this. She was wrong at the least & more like downright evil, but it doesn't absolve him of all responsibility. He was still an idiot.

BTW, Bendix et al, you can only see her face in the photos. Certain drugs (like steroids) can cause the face to go puffy, so she maybe wasn't quite as heinous as you think when he met her.

Do u use latex with your spouse? Admittedly if it were I, I would have insited that both parties in this situation have a thourough check over, if not twice, before alwowing the gopher to run free.... but still, as noted before, latex does break. It has with me, but that may just be a size issue.

Do u use latex with your spouse? Admittedly if it were I, I would have insited that both parties in this situation have a thourough check over, if not twice, before alwowing the gopher to run free.... but still, as noted before, latex does break. It has with me, but that may just be a size issue.

I'm not with anyone now, but I did until he'd had a test & I'd seen the results.

Love your last sentence (size!) :o

Yes, I think the failure of common sense was having unprotected sex with someone whose HIV status was unknown- always a bad thing to do, unless you've been with someone a long time and know they can be trusted not to fool around on you- which hardly seems likely given the circumstances.

Test, don't trust.

"Steven"

Why does Canada even give work permits for strippers? Don't they know that there is no such thing as a stripper from Thailand, the Philippines, Costa Rica, etc. They are prostitutes that happen to dance around a pole. I don't see why Canada would want to import prostitutes.

Many western countries do this for reasons they don't exactly advertise. Imported strippers and hookers fill an obvious demand from society, but the social problems this creates is normally exported when they return home. Unless some dumb <deleted> marries one of them.

This is why so many obvious foreigners can quite openly advertise sex services in western publications. The authorities are not stupid, just perhaps a bit immoral.

It's not anymore 15 years ago.

Nowadays AIDS is a through medication manageable chronic disease. That's it, nothing more. Modern Anti retro virals have far fewer side effects than in the beginning, and a normal healthy life is possible. I have seen people die of AIDS before there were Anti-retro virals available, and it was indeed ugly.

Nowadays is see even here in Thailand people living very well with AIDS.

Edited by ColPyat

This is sad. Not because this idiot got HIV from a stripper(by the way, is he retarded or what? what do you expect having unprotected sex with a stripper?) It is where has all the 8 years of love gone? They were married for 8years. And he wants her dead because she gave him HIV.

What is LOVE? What is HUSBAND/WIFE?

He probably gets himself killed by stupidity before AIDS.

I have seen the most vile retarded/blind/deaf people that would make rabbits blush. Sorry folks but that is the truth... So the guy gets with her to feed the hunger....

And do you know what these people get for X'mas? Yes, you bet! Very unlucky, aren't they?

And also the girl probably was also that dumb not to know HIV was infectious.

November you sound eerily like my fiance' *shiver* She has got to be one of the most gentle selfless people I know. However when it comes to AIDS victims she has a almost catty indifference, as if these folks deserve to die for doing something as harmless and natural as consensual sex. I think it's tied in too her disdain for prostitutes and the men who solicit them. Whatever the reason may be, AIDS doesn't give a F&^!. It is just a virus transmitted through blood and other bodily fluids, that kills people. It's not a gay male's punishment, it's not partial to poligimast or monogamist people, it kills drug addicts and innocent children alike. So I find it disturbing how anyone could so indifferently almost take the side of this monster and have no sympathy for it's victims or outrage at it's very exsistance. It's like Cancer only worse!

And also lets not forget, before you hate on this poor sap. There is a big difference between sleeping around being infected and not knowing, and KNOWING your harboring the beast while you have unprotected sex with people.

The woman was dead wrong, period....the guy's intellect or lack there of dose not excuse her from her simple humane duty of telling the man that she has AIDS before she had sex with him. And not only once, the (insert very colorful adjective here) screwed him for 3 years before she let him know!

It's not anymore 15 years ago.

Nowadays AIDS is a through medication manageable chronic disease. That's it, nothing more. Modern Anti retro virals have far fewer side effects than in the beginning, and a normal healthy life is possible. I have seen people die of AIDS before there were Anti-retro virals available, and it was indeed ugly.

Nowadays is see even here in Thailand people living very well with AIDS.

Was at Chatuchak Market last week and there was a middle aged women begging who had Kaposi sarcoma all over her face , really disturbing to see that up close.

Guess she should be scorned even w/o knowing how in the world she got AIDS.

Was at Chatuchak Market last week and there was a middle aged women begging who had Kaposi sarcoma all over her face , really disturbing to see that up close.

Guess she should be scorned even w/o knowing how in the world she got AIDS.

Who said anything about somebody should be scorned? I said that AIDS in Canada and Thailand is not much of an issue anymore due available medication and panicking posts like the one which i answered to are outdated.

Every Thai has access to free anti retro virals nowadays. Who does refuse treatment, or is not taking them according to schedule and therefore is taken off the program is self-responsible.

I have known some who died recently, but that was because they have refused treatment until it was too late.

Not much of an issue? Free anti-retrovirals? You HAVE to be joking! AIDS Meds can be VERY toxic ... they often make people sick ... they have a limited eficacy over time and then new meds must be used etc etc

!!

Not much of an issue? Free anti-retrovirals? You HAVE to be joking! AIDS Meds can be VERY toxic ... they often make people sick ... they have a limited eficacy over time and then new meds must be used etc etc

!!

Due to the many available combinations the initial severe side effects have been minimized, new combinations are there once one has built up resistence, and a relatively normal life can be led by the vast majority of infected on anti retro virals. Yes, one is far better off not being infected, but it is not as bad anymore as it once was.

It is not the issue anymore it once was. The issue now is making anti-retro virals and the necessary health network available in countries that don't have that yet.

November you sound eerily like my fiance' *shiver* She has got to be one of the most gentle selfless people I know. However when it comes to AIDS victims she has a almost catty indifference, as if these folks deserve to die for doing something as harmless and natural as consensual sex. I think it's tied in too her disdain for prostitutes and the men who solicit them. Whatever the reason may be, AIDS doesn't give a F&^!. It is just a virus transmitted through blood and other bodily fluids, that kills people. It's not a gay male's punishment, it's not partial to poligimast or monogamist people, it kills drug addicts and innocent children alike. So I find it disturbing how anyone could so indifferently almost take the side of this monster and have no sympathy for it's victims or outrage at it's very exsistance. It's like Cancer only worse!

And also lets not forget, before you hate on this poor sap. There is a big difference between sleeping around being infected and not knowing, and KNOWING your harboring the beast while you have unprotected sex with people.

The woman was dead wrong, period....the guy's intellect or lack there of dose not excuse her from her simple humane duty of telling the man that she has AIDS before she had sex with him. And not only once, the (insert very colorful adjective here) screwed him for 3 years before she let him know!

Excuse me?

Reread my post. I said the woman was wrong at the least, if not downright evil. There's no edit there, that's what I said. However, I do have a problem with people who absolve themselves from all sense of responsibility for their actions. As far as we know (nothing mentioned to the contrary) this man had consensual sex more than one time with a sex worker, wearing no protection. In what world does that make you totally innocent? In what world has a guy in his 30's not heard of HIV or AIDS? Don't give me that crap about none of it is his fault. Yes, it's an unforgivably awful thing she did, I agree. But he cannot be absolved of responsibility for his actions.

I don't "hate this poor sap". I don't know him. I dislike the current trend of blaming everyone for anything that happens to you & not taking responsibility (coffee too hot? sue!), but I don't hate him.

I find your implication (by comparing me with your ex) that I have problems with any type of person or what they do, or the victims of AIDS, highly offensive. You don't know me and you are totally wrong. I'm not going to go into that any further. We are talking about one particular case here. Let me add, I am usually one of the "hang 'em high" brigade (to my shame) on this sort of case, but the mere idea that you can be involved with a worker in the sex industry, not use protection & then solely blame them (as in this instance) is so ridiculous, I've changed my view, just for this case.

It's quite common even for the most "respectable" people to get tested before they consider a really serious relationship step or stop using condoms- for example, one of my best straight friends and his (now) wife did so as a final formality before announcing their engagement. It's not a matter of how dodgy the partner is- it should be a matter of common sense for *any* partner. At best the guy was highly unfortunate to somehow have managed to avoid all that kind of education; at worst he was simply negligent and stupid.

The woman at best was extraordinarily selfish- perhaps not telling him because she felt it would break up a good thing for her- and at worst, as November Rain says, evil. God forbid I ever should catch any STD, but if I did I would do the responsible thing and tell my current partner(s), and if necessary (as in HIV) my future partner(s) as well.

I would hope that all my partners would also treat me (and their other partners) with the same consideration and respect.

"Steven"

You sound like a Glaxo Smith Kline PR Rep Colpyat....the Issue now should be finding a CURE not a Treatment...even if there is more money in the treatment..

The issues should be multiple,

First ....

People on the meds KNOW that they suck ... people with close friends that are on meds KNOW that they suck. I know people that have started meds in the last year ... sick for at least 3 weeks <each of them were sick> nuaseous after that for a long time ... weight loss etc! Then there is the simple fact that after the first group of meds are no longer effective that the availability and cost of the second stage meds are prohibitive still.

I have 2 friends that have changed from the first meds to a second series here in Thailand .... yeah the 10k+ a month they pay would be FAR beyond most people

Then let's just talk about the lifestyle changes ... Hi .. You now know you have a disease that many people will blame you for having ... you get to take meds every day for the rest of your shortened life. They will have side-effects! Oh ... BTW .. if you forget your meds even once you may develop immediate resistance meaning that you have to change meds OR if you cannot afford to you are beginning the slide down into being sick and then sicker and then dead.

Yes it would be nice to see a cure .... even better on an immediate timeframe would to see Thailand dealing with educating people again the way they did 10 years ago!

I think I lie somewhere in between the two 'extreme' opinions so far.

Her not tellingher husband about her HIV+ status was wrong. There are no two ways about it. She knowingly exposed him to a harmful infection and didn't warn him. However, his claim that she has given him a 'death sentance' is also extreme and perhaps a little outdated. A lot of views based on HIV and AIDS is based on pre HAART information. Since then things have changed a lot if the patient is lucky enough to live in a country such as Canada and is well disiplined. Although long term effects are obviously hard to come by since the treatment is barely 12 years old, it is believed that HIV+ person following their treatment to the letter and following a healthy lifestyle (high blood pressure has to be under control) can expect to live a long life. Unfortunately, the majority of HIV+ people don't live in a country where this is possible.

Personally, I think this is a very sad case but to accuse her of causing his death is stupid. He has just as much chance of dying from a number of other illnesses and accidents as he does from dying with AIDS.