Problems With Mp3 Player

crabstix

I have a creative Muvo 1GB player. I can play it with no problems when NOT hooked up to my PC. When I plug it into my usb port of my home pc or office PC (I have tried both) the computer doesn't read it. The problems is that when I try to open it by clicking on 'My Computer,' it doesnt show up on the list. This means i can't put any music into it. I don't think it is a problem with my PC's usb port as it can recognise my Apacer flash memory stick.

What am I doing wrong?

Normally USB flash based mp3 players only need a disk if using win98.

If my memory is correct, your mp3 is a 1gb flash disk. If it is a hard disk mp3 player, they usually need to have a disk to make them work.

Edited by pampal

It also believe it could be a software problem. Did you not get a software CD with your player?

I had the same problem with connecting my digital camera to my computer without having installed the software from the CD, despite the fact that the xD card is recognized by the same computer when read through a USB card reader.

It also believe it could be a software problem. Did you not get a software CD with your player?

I had the same problem with connecting my digital camera to my computer without having installed the software from the CD, despite the fact that the xD card is recognized by the same computer when read through a USB card reader.

Yes it did come with some software but I never needed it before. I even managed to put songs on it without the use of any software or drivers in my office. So It makes me wonder why it can't be read anymore

I have 2 creative mp3 players and have never had any problems with either of them. I have the original MuVo Nomad which I bought well over 4 years ago and I use it every day, and the MuVo TX FM which I bought for my son less than a year ago. Creative has an autoupdate site where you can have it check yours and suggest any updates that it may need. Check out this site Creative Autoupdate