Urgent help needed. Thai Vaccine certificate “Not Accepted” For KLM UK bound flight ???

jasonr3255

My son is travelling back to the UK later today with KLM. I have just tried to upload his vaccination certificate to prove his vaccination status but it has been rejected because it says it is not in the correct language. The UK gov website states that the Certificate must be in English French or Spanish and at the Very least contain the following 

fornename/surname

d.o.b

vaccine brand & manufacturer

date of vaccine

country or territory of certificate issuer. 

All of the above are clearly written in Thai & English 

Will he still be able to check in with this certificate at the Airport ?

Many Thanks

*personal information edited out*

86B9E996-87F8-4342-A669-20BEF9B0ED4E.png

No point expecting the authorities that issue those mick the mouse vaccinations certificate to consider that people might want to use them to travel and that flimsy looking piece of cheap paper is good for nothing other than for local use...

• Like 1

It’s a Dutch thing.

Write back and explain your certificate is both English and Thai, perhaps add a copy with the English highlighted.

Provide your full name, booking reference, passport number and certificate number as references in your email.

If time is short, first use KLM’s online chat function on their website, but get acceptance of your certificate in writing.

KLM has two flights a day BKK-AMS (one from MNL, one from HKG), so they have experience with vaccination records.

Assuming you have a valid vaccination record (Mor Phrom, COVID-19 Vaccine Certificate) you will not be denied boarding.

The yellow book is not mandatory.

Are you trying to upload something to KLM or UK.GOV?

Edited by mtls2005

The mor phrom app has a button at the bottom for an international vaccination certificate.

When I had my Moderna shot at Thonburi hospital today they said the Thai certficate was not good outside of Thailand.  And to use Mor Phrom on LIne to get the international one.

1867731004_arecord.jpg.086dce1ebe668621b57828c988f9e67e.jpg

It's all in Thai so you might need some help completing it.

Edited by rwill
  • Like 1

I think it’s all been covered above.

The Thai authorities advise you to get a yellow ‘vaccination passport’ for international travel. In Phuket it comes from the Gov’t health office in Phuket Town.

However, the UK Passenger Locator Form just requires one to declare that one is fully vaccinated under a recognized scheme (which Thailand now is).

My experience of a recent flight to London is that no one in UK is interested in looking at your proof of vaccination (at least certainly not pre-Omicron).

If you can get KLM to accept the Thai vaccination certificate provided by the hospital (best done at check-in), it’s probably job done. 

Ironically, in a reversal of this, my impression when I applied for the Thailand Pass online was that the Thai authorities might not have accepted the (Thai-issued) yellow vaccination passport ????. Luckily I had my Thai hospital vaccination cert with me

• Like 1

Verifying your vax on the Kim site apparently requires you to use either the NHS Covid pass or the EU Digital Covid certificate -EU DCC. 

perhaps your form was rejected for the “other” reason because it was neither of the two accepted forms…..    is it required to prove vaccinations online at KLM or can you present it to the agent when you check in?

Edited by Tracyb

My Wife has travelled back to the UK (last month) with the Thai issued Vaccine certificate (example below).

Note: I ensured

- Her name was in English,

- her Passport Number was on the document 

- The vaccine list / date is in English and with the western date 

I had to edit the document in PDF to achieve this - no issues. 

My wife used the same document to return to Thailand

My wife got the Yellow Vaccine Booklet, but it was effetely useless, no one even looked at it.

1018630851_ExampleVaxCert.jpeg.b3159845d5f008385ca47fb357f49c78.jpeg

Edited by richard_smith237

OP: Do you need online Approval with KLM to before check in (i.e. like pre-flight KLM Pass or something >?)

OR is this for the UK Passenger Locator Form ???? - in which case the Thai issued vaccine certificate is fine. 

By the time you go to a human at check-in, it will be fine - but to be sure, just ensure that the key information is edited into the PDF vaccine certificate to ensure all T’s are crossed and all i’s are dotted - its just a box ticking exercise for the check-in staff. 

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

No point expecting the authorities that issue those mick the mouse vaccinations certificate to consider that people might want to use them to travel and that flimsy looking piece of cheap paper is good for nothing other than for local use...

That flimsy looking piece of paper is an official record of vaccination issued in Thai and English, together with a QR code. And it is in English because people might want to travel. Pretty useful to those who have it. In this case, the airline has been careless in refusing it, stating that it is not in English when it clearly is.

And it's Mickey Mouse, not mick the mouse.

The International Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate, which many countries have for international travel only, records your passport details, nationality, expiry date etc, and is recommended for ALL international travel. The standard yellow book is acceptable for domestic and in Thailand use, but not recognised for international travel by other countries, that require an internationally recognised certificate.. 

8 minutes ago, owenm said:

The International Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate, which many countries have for international travel only, records your passport details, nationality, expiry date etc, and is recommended for ALL international travel. The standard yellow book is acceptable for domestic and in Thailand use, but not recognised for international travel by other countries, that require an internationally recognised certificate.. 

Its hardly recognised by Thailand either.

Upon return to Thailand the OP (and anyone else travelling to Thailand) needs to upload a Vaccine Certificate. 

Thailand Pass recommends that a Vaccine Certificate which contains a QR code us uploaded - the Thai Yellow Vaccine Passport does not include a QR code !!!...  

Note: Certificates without a QR code are accepted on the Thailand Pass, but whats the point in uploading the Yellow Vaccine Passport when those vaccinated in Thailand already hold a Vaccine Cert with a QR code. 

Additionally: There is enough english on the Thailand issued Vaccine Certificates to meet the requirements IF the critical information is in English (i.e. such as Name, Passport Number, Dates, Vaccine type etc).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ezzra said:

I used that ' flimsy piece of paper ' to travel to the UK and Jersey on November 2nd returning November 21st and it was perfectly acceptable.

It contains all the information required which can be verified by the QR code in the top right hand corner.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its hardly recognised by Thailand either.

Upon return to Thailand the OP (and anyone else travelling to Thailand) needs to upload a Vaccine Certificate. 

Thailand Pass recommends that a Vaccine Certificate which contains a QR code us uploaded - the Thai Yellow Vaccine Passport does not include a QR code !!!...  

Note: Certificates without a QR code are accepted on the Thailand Pass, but whats the point in uploading the Yellow Vaccine Passport when those vaccinated in Thailand already hold a Vaccine Cert with a QR code. 

Additionally: There is enough english on the Thailand issued Vaccine Certificates to meet the requirements IF the critical information is in English (i.e. such as Name, Passport Number, Dates, Vaccine type etc).

I have just used it to travel and it works!

The yellow book isn't needed and only satisfies the book holder because they think it looks more official, but not the authorities who want the paper with the QR code.

Edited by Scouse123

14 hours ago, jasonr3255 said:

See response below, absolutely no idea what to do now ? 

095F3AB5-849B-4EC6-8488-617AB75AFE53.jpeg

What vaccines are you inserting?

Some vaccines used in Thailand aren't excepted.

Mix and match isnt excepted anywhere.

Just a thought.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I think you need to get a different certificate to fly, if in Pattaya, the place is in Naklua behind the fish market, someone will post more detail later I'm sure. Costs 50 baht or something

Same thing in Khon Kaenit takes a week after giving your paperwork, passport copies, and the certification you get after your second dose.

Also the vaccines cant be less than two weeks before the second dose and no longer than 6 months from your last vaccine.

On 11/30/2021 at 1:38 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s a Dutch thing.

Write back and explain your certificate is both English and Thai, perhaps add a copy with the English highlighted.

Provide your full name, booking reference, passport number and certificate number as references in your email.

If time is short, first use KLM’s online chat function on their website, but get acceptance of your certificate in writing.

Sure it's a Dutch thing but handled by Thai in the BKK office who don't know the difference between their right or left hand.