Thai pass question - anything wrong with this?

I'm currently on the African continent and heading home later this month, my plan is outlined below, does anyone see anything wrong with it?

1. Leave Africa and fly to UK for approx one week over xmas / NY

2. Fly from UK to Thailand under sandbox scheme as it states for 'test and go' you must spend 21 days in approved country

There is no mention of a period of time that must be spent in an approved country that i can see for the sandbox scheme.

Has anyone done this, does anyone see any flaws?

Doubble vaxxed with british passport and re-entry permit.

Thank you.

• Like 1

According to this urgent announcement on the Thailand Pass website (https://tp.consular.go.th/) you would have to do a 14 day quarantine.

2. For travellers from countries in Africa (except 8 countries in the list below that are temporarily suspended from entering Thailand from 1 December 2021 onwards), due to the recent announcement by the World Health Organization (WHO) with regards to the detection of the new COVID-19 "OMICRON" variant in Africa, travellers from countries in the said region must have 14 days quarantine package (including RT-PCR test and transportation) at an Alternative Quarantine (AQ) hotel only."

I don't think you will be allowed to enter for a sandbox since your passport will show you were in Africa before.

By the time you leave the UK things may of changed a lot.

Have you checked for updated info for entering the UK from Africa.

51 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

According to this urgent announcement on the Thailand Pass website (https://tp.consular.go.th/) you would have to do a 14 day quarantine.

2. For travellers from countries in Africa (except 8 countries in the list below that are temporarily suspended from entering Thailand from 1 December 2021 onwards), due to the recent announcement by the World Health Organization (WHO) with regards to the detection of the new COVID-19 "OMICRON" variant in Africa, travellers from countries in the said region must have 14 days quarantine package (including RT-PCR test and transportation) at an Alternative Quarantine (AQ) hotel only."

I don't think you will be allowed to enter for a sandbox since your passport will show you were in Africa before.

By the time you leave the UK things may of changed a lot.

Have you checked for updated info for entering the UK from Africa.

There appears to be no stipulation to amount of days spent in approved country if entering sandbox, whereas ( see below ) it clearly states 21 days for the 'test and go'.

UK requirements ( currently ) are book PCR test before travelling and 2 day self isolation upon arrival plus a couple other things PLF etc.

I have 2 valid passports, one with Thai visa etc and one with other visas, the one i enter Thailand on does not show any african stamps although i believe the 2 passports are linked.

Thoughts?

image.png.0b5ecf047c98e19105dbf04054729ec2.png

11 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

There appears to be no stipulation to amount of days spent in approved country if entering sandbox, whereas ( see below ) it clearly states 21 days for the 'test and go'.

I have read that and on some embassy websites. All of that is subject to change due to the Omicron variant.

12 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

UK requirements ( currently ) are book PCR test before travelling and 2 day self isolation upon arrival plus a couple other things PLF etc.

Same as above.

12 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I have 2 valid passports, one with Thai visa etc and one with other visas, the one i enter Thailand on does not show any african stamps although i believe the 2 passports are linked.

That may help. But if by some chance they wanted to see you other passport it they are linked it could be a big problem.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have read that and on some embassy websites. All of that is subject to change due to the Omicron variant.

Yeah, why would some of these countries be on the sandbox list if they have option for 'test and go' from approved list?

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That may help. But if by some chance they wanted to see you other passport it they are linked it could be a big problem.

But if i can go through the TP process and it's approved i've done nothing wrong. Where i would get in to trouble is IF there is any form that asks where i've been in the last 2-3 weeks and i lie.

If the TP is approved why would they want to see anything other than the paperwork required to obtain Thai pass?

Your point is well noted tho and my main concern.

30 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Yeah, why would some of these countries be on the sandbox list if they have option for 'test and go' from approved list?

At this time all countries according the Thailand Pass site. But the urgent announcement states that all others in Africa that are not one of the 8 countries profited from entering the country have to do a 14 day quarantine.

38 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Your point is well noted tho and my main concern.

It could all change by the time you will be traveling to here.

Wait until about 2 weeks before you plan on traveling to do the Thailand Pass.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

At this time all countries according the Thailand Pass site. But the urgent announcement states that all others in Africa that are not one of the 8 countries profited from entering the country have to do a 14 day quarantine.

Yes, fair comment.

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Wait until about 2 weeks before you plan on traveling to do the Thailand Pass.

yip, well noted.

17 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

image.png.0b5ecf047c98e19105dbf04054729ec2.png

You need to double check requirements from the African country you are flying from as you havnt said. South Africa for example is 10 days hotel quarantine

2 hours ago, jimn said:

You need to double check requirements from the African country you are flying from as you havnt said. South Africa for example is 10 days hotel quarantine

ALL of the countries from the continent of Aftrica have been removed from 'test and go' and 'sandbox programs'.

7 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

ALL of the countries from the continent of Aftrica have been removed from 'test and go' and 'sandbox programs'.

None of them were on the list for Test and Go. There was no list for the sandboxes,

There is on only a notice that they have to do a 14 day quarantine.

53 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

None of them were on the list for Test and Go. There was no list for the sandboxes,

There is on only a notice that they have to do a 14 day quarantine.

You were able to do sandbox from african countries until this latest strain of Covid popped it's head up in SA, after Nov 1.

Other countries prior to Nov 1 quarantine had been reduced to one week quarantine.

6 hours ago, jimn said:

I quoted and was referring to your plan to go to the UK first, not Thailand. You need to check the UK requirements from Africa

16 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Already answered in post #3.

Currently book PCR / fill in PLF, test on day #2 and self isolate till you get results.

You still dont understand. Are you able to enter the UK from the African country you are in?

(1) For vaccinated people. No pre flight Covid test only a PCR test on arrival or before day 2, PLF to be filled out.

(2) If un vaccinated Covid test before departure, 10 days isolation and tests on days 2 and 8, PLF to be filled out

(3) If your African country is on UK red list its 10 days hotel quarantine.