252 arrivals from 8 African countries asked to report for RT-PCR tests immediately

snoop1130

More than likely it's already in Thailand.  I hate to say it but it's going to be everywhere, no doubt about it.  

Word around the campfire is if you are vaccinated there are hardly any symptoms, if any at all.  

This has nothing to do with Thailand and their bizarre governance - they can't stop it.  I can't stop it.  Nobody can stop it.  The only way to stop it is to not leave your country for any reason.  Trade, talking, anything.  And that's just not possible.  

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) is appealing for 252 Thais and foreigners, who arrived in Thailand between November 15th and 27th from any of eight African countries affected by Omicron infections, to report to Thai health officials for free RT-PCR tests immediately.

As if they will.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Tony M said:

They should be easy to locate. The wonderful TM30 system surely means that they will have (if non-Thai, of course) reported their whereabouts to Immigration within 24 hours or, if returning to their previous address in Thailand, can be located from the TM30/90-day report records ?  Surely the TM30 system is as foolproof as the wonderful 90-day reporting system ?  

The smart "Beamers" will find them.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Further, the web platform AFAIK, does not allow one to save a new record. (I tried a month ago for some new, first-time visitors.) The mobile app does allow one to save a new record.

Yes - we have had to revert to the mobile app to register people.

Even the big honcho at immigration could not make the computer version work.

14 hours ago, johng said:

So what happened to the mandatary to install tracking app on their phones ?  and what happens if they test positive , 14 day mandatory incarceration at who's expense ???

On the travelers expense of course. Reason: Stupid enough to travel under today´s circumstances.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

from any of eight African countries affected by Omicron infections, to report to Thai health officials for free RT-PCR tests

How come I have to book and pay my RT-PCR test myself to be able to get on the flight to Thailand?

Maybe shouldn't ask being farang :whistling:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

TM.30 enforcement was cranked after the Uyghur/Erawan Shrine bombing. Since then, and compounded with the lack of arrivals, I think only those who might need to use Imm. worry about filing these. And even then Imm seems to allow the late or subsequent filing.

Further, the web platform AFAIK, does not allow one to save a new record. (I tried a month ago for some new, first-time visitors.) The mobile app does allow one to save a new record.

Not sure what hotels are doing currently re: TM.30? Maybe batching paper and mailing it to Imm? Or some poor staff member is probably filing thee on their phone.

For most of us, inundated with reporting requirements (TM.6, TM.7, TM.8, TM.30, TM.47 all require an address), it is amusing to see the authorities apparently stumbling about trying to locate a few hundred recent arrivals.

Manifesting their usual almost total incompetence. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, johng said:

So what happened to the mandatary to install tracking app on their phones ?

I re-entered Thailand Nov 19, did the test&go in Suvarnabhumi and next day on to CM.

There were at least a couple of apps that were either mentioned in the ThailandPass or in the information material at the test&go hotel. As everything was in Thai, I didn't install anything and nobody asked me anything.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, johng said:

So what happened to the mandatary to install tracking app on their phones ?  and what happens if they test positive , 14 day mandatory incarceration at who's expense ???

Thailand has shown it cannot integrate data from these QR code apps.

Remember the REAMS of paperwork and online data each arrival submitted??

240 people "cannot be found". They are probably doing nothing or getting self tests. Better self-isolate 

with "sniffles" at home than be sent to some mandatory paid quarantine.

18 hours ago, johng said:

Yep, look at the "The Tha...er" site, Phuket quarantines over 100 tourists from Africa. 

This makes the case for not making Thailand a holiday destination even stronger.

Edited by Boomer6969
  • Like 1