252 arrivals from 8 African countries asked to report for RT-PCR tests immediately

snoop1130

6 hours ago, Andycoops said:

Good luck with that, they will be all over the place by now and I suspect most won't have a clue they are being sought.

Nor will they be aware that they are breaking the law and subject to whatever punishment the courts decide to mete out, if that is where they end up.

Two rhetorical questions: What happens when they are only "found" at the time they are leaving the country to go home? Will they be arrested? 

Edited by champers

1 hour ago, champers said:

Nor will they be aware that they are breaking the law and subject to whatever punishment the courts decide to mete out, if that is where they end up.

Two rhetorical questions: What happens when they are only "found" at the time they are leaving the country to go home? Will they be arrested? 

Why are they breaking the law, if they entered Thailand legitimately I can’t see why, the Police haven’t put an arrest warrant out for them have they ?

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Why are they breaking the law, if they entered Thailand legitimately I can’t see why, the Police haven’t put an arrest warrant out for them have they ?

Please read the article linked in the OP.

9 hours ago, DefaultName said:

Generally, honest people can be found.

I rather think most would not even know that the authorities are looking for them.

At least I seldom listened to official Thai government notices while on holiday.

On 12/1/2021 at 9:28 PM, champers said:

The Bangkok Post online is reporting 307 fugitives on the loose.

Anyone of "African" appearance could be in for a difficult time in the coming days.

Well at the risk of stating the obvious hasn't that been the case for a few hundred years? :whistling: