Thailand Wants Cross-border Haze Solution

snoop1130

240535-1.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 1 (TNA) – The director-general of the Pollution Control Department discussed cross-border smoke haze solutions with representatives of four nearby countries.

Director-general Attapol Charoenchansa led a Thai delegation in the Twenty Second Meeting of Sub-Regional Ministerial Steering Committee on Transboundary Haze Pollution (22nd MSC) which was organized as a teleconference. The meeting also saw participants from Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-834997

tnalogo.jpg
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The director-general of the Pollution Control Department discussed cross-border smoke haze solutions with representatives of four nearby countries.

I wonder if this guy has ever been to Chiang Mai in January, February or March?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, JCauto said:

Oh, that time of the year is it? Yes...let's add to the pollution with a load of hot air! Blah blah blah.

When you're one of the major producers of smoke from burning, and it isn't mostly smallholder farmers just trying to survive but instead is massive agricultural conglomerates, many of whom are well represented both within leadership and as funders of the Thai government, and who similarly undertake these sorts of investments and operations IN those neighbouring countries, the level of hypocrisy rises well above the toxic threshold. Give me a break. 

Looking forward to these committees pontificating meaninglessly as Chiang Mai chokes their way through March, April and May.

Sorry about that, we must have been typing at the same time.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The director-general of the Pollution Control Department discussed cross-border smoke haze solutions with representatives of four nearby countries.

Sort out your own back garden first.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

representatives of four nearby countries.

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

also saw participants from Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore.

Brunei and Indonesia hardly "nearby"!! When it comes to haze/smoke, IMO the conference should have included neighbours Burma, Laos and Cambodia. 

37 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Brunei and Indonesia hardly "nearby"!! When it comes to haze/smoke, IMO the conference should have included neighbours Burma, Laos and Cambodia. 

True, I have lived in both Cambodia and Indonesia, couple years each - Thailand has nothing on Indonesia when it comes to smoke - was so bad, many evacuated to Singapore one year - couldn't breath.  Cambodia burns everything, you name it, goes up in flames, smokes everyone out.    Peace

• Thanks 1

On 12/2/2021 at 12:01 PM, DefaultName said:

I'm in Pattaya, no borders for a long way, we get the "haze".  They can't blame other countries for here.

I can smell the burning from when the sun sets...... dusk to dawn.

On 12/2/2021 at 2:00 PM, Burma Bill said:

Indonesia hardly "nearby"!!

It is for us in the south. During July to September, on bad years, we get the smoke from fires in Sumatra and Kalimantan.

• Thanks 2