Thailand will experience colder conditions in the north and more thundershowers in the south this week, Thai Meteorological Department reports

snoop1130

01.jpg

Thailand will experience colder conditions in the north and thundershowers in the southern part from December 1st to the 7th, the Thai Meteorological Department reported today, December 2nd.

According to the department’s announcement this morning, another rather strong high-pressure system covers upper Thailand with cool to cold, strong winds and will occur from December 3rd to the 5th. The Northeast will have a decrease in temperature by 3-5°C while the North, the Central, and the East will be by 2-4 °C.

The mountaintops in the North and the Northeast are cold to very cold with a minimum temperature in a range of 3-12 °C. People are warned to keep healthy and stay warm due to the variable weather.

The moderate winds force the waves in the lower Gulf of Thailand about 2 meters high and in thundershowers above 2 meters high. People along the Gulf’s shore should beware of inshore surges. All ships should proceed with caution and keep from sailing during thundershowers.

In northern Thailand, the weather is expected to be cool to cold with a 3-5 °C drop in temperature from the 1st to the 5th while a 1-2 °C increase in temperature is expected between the 6th and the 7th. The minimum temperature is at 11-20 °C while the maximum temperature is at 26-32 °C. Cold to very cold weather with frost on the mountaintops is predicted with a minimum temperature of 4-13 °C.

In northeastern Thailand, a drop in temperature by 4-6 °C is reported from the 1st to the 5th and a slight increase of 1-2 °C is expected from the 6th to the 7th. The minimum temperature is at 10-20 °C while the maximum temperature is at 26-32 °C. Cool to cold weather on the mountaintops is expected with a minimum temperature of 8-12 °C.

In the central part, there is a morning cooling with strong winds with a 2-4 °C drop in temperature from the 1st to the 5th and a slight increase in temperature is forecast 1-3 °C on the 6th and the 7th. The minimum temperature is at 18-23 °C and the maximum temperature is at 26-33 °C.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/12/02/thailand-will-experience-colder-conditions-in-the-north-and-more-thundershowers-in-the-south-this-week-thai-meteorological-department-reports/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand will experience colder conditions in the north and thundershowers in the southern part from December 1st to the 7th, the Thai Meteorological Department reported today, December 2nd.

Great, I'm enjoying the morning coolness and fresh breeze that brings a relief from the otherwise humid conditions.

• Like 2

Was 14°c outside Udon Thani this morning. Pretty cold walking around in my boxers, but still far from the near-frosty 2°c I experienced here a decade ago, which isn't too far off the coldest ever recorded in Thailand's history (-1.4°c, Sakhon Nakhon, 1974). Thailand's only official record of snowfall was in January, 1955, in Chiang Rai (though some claim it wasn't snow, but hail, which might be the case and something I've experienced myself a couple of times here in Udon Thani), and if it was snow, is highly unlikely to happen again anytime soon, unless there's some extremely rare weather/atmospheric events as December and January are the driest months of the year in North and Northeast Thailand with less than 2mm on average, and the colder the temperatures the less moisture as well, so highly unlikely. If I remember correctly, we had 7°c last year, which was the coldest temperatures in 6-7 years. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Had to put a shirt on this morning , feeling chilly , getting older,

thinner blood,  spotted a brass monkey looking for something.

but expect it to get a lot colder .

regards Worgeordie

Agreed never thought i'd need a shirt over here, must admit i felt a bit better when i saw the Ma in law dressed up like Sir Ranulf Fiennes on a polar expedition  thawing out in the sun like an old lizard ????????????

• Haha 2