PM orders travellers from Omicron areas to be traced and tested

webfact

10 minutes ago, ukrules said:

This is one of countries where the movements of foreigners are tracked daily, they should be able to simply print a list and find them all.

it's hard to print a list when all is written on silly "arrival card" stacked in a 1km long pile of papers ????

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mokwit said:

The smart car was hanging around the mouth of Suk Soi 5 last night, wasn't smart enough to move up to the mouth of Soi 13 though - or maybe they were worried about overloading the sensors.

Are they still making nuisances of themselves in Soi 13?    I used to be there everyday/night and they moved on after the Hyatt Regency opened.   Have they moved back?

2 hours ago, poskat said:

"Hunt on for 783 Africans"

interesting headline.

Imagine if it was in a USA/European-based website/newspaper....

What would be problem with that in Europe/US if people from Africa needed to be located?  How could the headline be altered and retain accuracy?   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, marcusb said:

This proves that all those silly forms we fill out, and photocopying our passports at hotels is all just a waste of time.  They have cabinets full of documents and information on arrivals and tourists but no way to access or analyze it.  

Only if the correct details are written on the TM6,or they check into a hotel where the TM30  reporting is being done.  It is possible they have tracked many of them down .....

4 hours ago, phetphet said:

It shouldn't be too difficult to trace them with all the immigration and covid regulations that are in place.

I totally agree with you, it should not be too difficult to trace them,

So why has there been a huge panic over these people for the last 2 Days or so ?

They have obviously moved away from the SHA+ Scam Hotels, and could be anywhere at all in the Country, and are subsequently off the Radar Screens.

And with the prospect of being slammed into 14 Days of Quarantine facing them, if positive, they are not going to step forward for testing in any hurry.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Friend of mine arrived in Bangkok on Tuesday from Manchester in the UK on Qatar airlines, I phoned him today and he does not have the app, no one asked to him to download it, so the answer is likely they have stopped!

Wow, that's an interesting development and the first I've heard of it.

Everywhere will be an Omicron area before long, I can see where this is leading.

They managed to 'escape' the zero covid delusion with Delta, lets see how they handle this new situation.

Will they repeat previous mistakes?

Omicron is in India already, just saw that on the news and what's in India tends to make it's way east, even into China. It's coming one way or another, whether it walks over the borders or flies in it doesn't really matter.

It's just a matter of timing at this stage.

What I'd like to know is does Omicron grant immunity against previous strains?

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What would be problem with that in Europe/US if people from Africa needed to be located?  How could the headline be altered and retain accuracy?   

'Trying to locate' maybe? Hunting is usually reserved for animals or criminals.