Thai tourism minister says "Omicron" won't affect tourism arrivals

webfact

Considering that Germany and other parts of Europe are having spikes in COVID cases,

and partial lock downs are happening, there will be fewer people travelling for a while.

The USA is making it harder to fly into, by insisting that you get your PCR test the day before arriving there.

How is that possible?  I guess this guy is just another person who believes that Thailand is still

the most popular tropical country in the world. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Not only do they believe that, they believe Thailand is the center of the known universe, and people cannot live without the place. Little do they realize, Thailand needs the world, and international tourists, 100X more than they need Thailand. Thailand is being forgotten. Possibly for good. 

Moselle : What you got in there?

Vincent Lauria (Tom Cruise) : In here?

[Opens case; smiles widely] 

Vincent Lauria : Doom.

Edited by jerrymahoney

12 hours ago, Blumpie said:

What we know about the virus is irrelevant.  Governments are imposing travel restrictions as I type.  

What scientists know about the virus is why governments imposed travel restrictions.  They know it won't stop the spread, just hoping to slow it a little so they can be better prepared.  Which didn't happen with Delta, and didn't initially happen with Covid.  The world was caught off guard.

Travel restrictions don't really work. 

• 3 weeks later...

Of course not. Why would a 7, 10 or 14 day quarantine, and many other restrictions and hurdles, all at the tourist's expense, inhibit tourism? 

Why would extreme cowardice, by the policy makers (including yourself Phiphat) effect the re-opening? No one can affect Thailand. Being the center of planet earth, no degree of restrictions can bring about a fall in tourism. LOL. 

20211029_095613.jpg

20211028_120729.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Of course not. Why would a 7, 10 or 14 day quarantine, and many other restrictions and hurdles, all at the tourist's expense, inhibit tourism? 

Why would extreme cowardice, by the policy makers (including yourself Phiphat) effect the re-opening? No one can affect Thailand. Being the center of planet earth, no degree of restrictions can bring about a fall in tourism. LOL. 

20211029_095613.jpg

20211028_120729.jpg

Recent photo of the airport? 

• Like 1

I am far more interested in science, than I am in fear mongering. And even though I am not a VAX guy, I feel at this time, getting a high quality vaccine represents a reasonable fulfillment of an obligation to society, and a minor sacrifice for anti-vax people to make. Doubly so for the ones who run around draping themselves in a flag of patriotism. 

Refusing to take a vaccine, to benefit society and bring society back, is about as sensible as believing the earth is flat. Imagine making a sacrifice for your country? What a concept. Many of the fake patriots would wet their pants if they were ever asked to truly protect their nation or serve in any manner.

A kindergartener has to have some vaccines before being allowed into school, pandemic or not. I know you think you're being brave by doing this based on a "principle," but are you at least as brave as a kindergartener?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Virt said:

One newspaper had a survey below the article asking people if they would fly to Thailand in the current situation.

It was at 40000+ votes last time i checked

96 % voted no.

Unless it's a super poll it doesn't count ????

31 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I am far more interested in science, than I am in fear mongering. And even though I am not a VAX guy, I feel at this time, getting a high quality vaccine represents a reasonable fulfillment of an obligation to society, and a minor sacrifice for anti-vax people to make. Doubly so for the ones who run around draping themselves in a flag of patriotism. 

Refusing to take a vaccine, to benefit society and bring society back, is about as sensible as believing the earth is flat. Imagine making a sacrifice for your country? What a concept. Many of the fake patriots would wet their pants if they were ever asked to truly protect their nation or serve in any manner.

A kindergartener has to have some vaccines before being allowed into school, pandemic or not. I know you think you're being brave by doing this based on a "principle," but are you at least as brave as a kindergartener?

Why post a picture of the airport that was taken during lockdown and try to make out its now??

6 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

Why post a picture of the airport that was taken during lockdown and try to make out its now??

Virtually no difference between then (14 day quarantine) and now (7-14 quarantine). Those photos will be Swampy as soon as the small nunber of already approved ASQ people cycle through, unless the tiny men can muster up some courage, and face a virus head on. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Virt said:

The stories about people being quarantined in hospitals after one from their travel party tested positive, will probably make some people reconsider their travel plans to Thailand as long as Thailand demand a negative test on arrival.

There has been a few articles in DK this week.

One were a party of two that got sent into isolation at hospital in Krabi after 1 were positive and other negative when arriving in Thailand.

Both left Denmark with 2 negative PCR tests.

The other story also took place in Krabi.

2 parents and their 18 year old  were all sent into isolation in hospital after the youngster were tested positive. Parents were negative.

They were isolated in 2 separate hospital rooms.

All three were tested negative before leaving Denmark.

All three actually had 2 tests each before flying, because their first test result were delayed, so they paid for 3 extra tests.

All 6 tests came back negative, so they did what they could to make sure they were not positive when taking off.

One newspaper had a survey below the article asking people if they would fly to Thailand in the current situation.

96 % voted no....

More black eye aimed at the masters of destruction, Prayuth, Anutin and Phiphat. Has Thailand ever seen less productive leadership? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Virtually no difference between then (14 day quarantine) and now (7-14 quarantine). Those photos will be Swampy as soon as the small nunber of already approved ASQ people cycle through, unless the tiny men can muster up some courage, and face a virus head on. 

Big difference between then and now, then zero  now this week pretty busy .

4 hours ago, Virt said:

The stories about people being quarantined in hospitals after one from their travel party tested positive, will probably make some people reconsider their travel plans to Thailand as long as Thailand demand a negative test on arrival.

There has been a few articles in DK this week.

One were a party of two that got sent into isolation at hospital in Krabi after 1 were positive and other negative when arriving in Thailand.

Both left Denmark with 2 negative PCR tests.

The other story also took place in Krabi.

2 parents and their 18 year old  were all sent into isolation in hospital after the youngster were tested positive. Parents were negative.

They were isolated in 2 separate hospital rooms.

All three were tested negative before leaving Denmark.

All three actually had 2 tests each before flying, because their first test result were delayed, so they paid for 3 extra tests.

All 6 tests came back negative, so they did what they could to make sure they were not positive when taking off.

96 % voted no....

One can say anything about how Thailand deals with infected people and their close contacts, but you, as a traveller have the sole responsability if you end up admitted to hospital or sent into isolation.

One can argue is crazy to keep people in isolation more than 5 days, when they tested negative and display no symptoms whatsoever, but the young girl needs to be separated from the others...The question is why she need to be sent to hospital...The answers is at the insurance companies.

You need to check the rules and, once you made the choice, there is no point to whine about it.

Edited by drenddy

When i recently sent my thai wife back home, I asked here to take a PCR test every 3 days in the week before arrival, bit of overkill, I know, but I left nothing to chance.If she had tested positive on arrival, it must have been false positive.Hopefully, she didn't.

Edited by drenddy

27 minutes ago, Virt said:

Unless the Thais use it as a money machine and tamper the samples to test positive on purpose to put people in hospitals to earn money, but i highly doubt that is what is happening here.

That would cause a HUGE scandal if that was the truth and it was revealed.

More likely Thai technicians aren't that good doing the tests.

A Thai hospital did a pregnancy test on my misses, result negative, then she had the baby.

If they can screw up the easiest test in the world ....................

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

Big difference between then and now, then zero  now this week pretty busy .

Yes. However busy with primarily those already approved for one nite ASQ. How many do you think will come once they are back to the 7-14 day hotel quarantine (prison) sentences?