Thai tourism minister says "Omicron" won't affect tourism arrivals

webfact

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Hopefully the hysterics will calm down soon and the knee jerking will stop:

Covid: Pfizer and Moderna jabs give best overall boost, UK trial finds https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59489988

“Researchers said there were promising signs the boosters would still protect against illness and death from Omicron.”

Is it known if anyone has actually died from Omicron?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, madmitch said:

So what's the explanation for the two cancellations we had yesterday, both of whom had their Thailand passes and had booked their first couple of nights in an SHA+ hotel prior their stay with us at rock-bottom prices?

With only four bookings for December, that's the occupancy halved!

Clearly, one of you is lying. And it's not you ???? I'm sorry to hear it though...

Edited by Karma80
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I can confidently say he is an idiot.

A complete idiot.  

Allow me to assure you we are right back to square one - we have travellers stuck in south africa, and it's all over the news here that by the time she reaches home and gets special tickets she will have to shell out 4k in COVID tests before hitting our soil.  The USA has announced negative testing too, as have many other countries.  

For now, it will affect tourism and, of course, this is just par for the course for Thailand's government.  They make these idiotic statements to pander to common thais, much like our governments do to us.  Mothers milk - it tastes good but eventually we need something more to sustain ourselves.  

• Like 1