Constitutional Court’s full verdict enrages LGBT community, rights defenders

snoop1130

Numerous posts removed.  Please be aware of this rule when posting:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

https://aseannow.com/terms/

On 12/4/2021 at 1:02 AM, nobodysfriend said:

Why marry at all ?

For the paper ?

BS , love the one you're with , leave when Love is gone ...

It's not really that simple. My wife and I may not need a piece of paper to prove our relationship but often the government and other bodies do. 

My wife is a government employee and if I weren't married to her I wouldn't be entitled to healthcare. Also if she were to take an overseas post I couldn't go with her and I'm sure I don't need to explain the significance of marriage when applying for a visa.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 1:27 PM, 2long said:

When will the LGBTQI+ gang want a longer acronym? Aren't things getting a bit out of hand?

I'm not having a go at them, but 'them' is such a broad demographic now. It's like saying 'Asians' or 'Muslims' in which there are many groups within.

Not sure I'm allowed to post a YouTube with blue language, so please forgive and remove if necessary.

*Video removed*

I do think they rather undermine themselves. I remember when people who weren't white or heterosexual were asking to be treated like anyone else rather than outsiders. Now they are their own separate community and we have things in the UK like the National Black Police Association.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 1:24 AM, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

Human nature being what is is, not everyone can be pleased, and millions of years of evolution are not going to be dismissed by some silly 21st century social construct, no matter how accommodating.

When did the concept of marriage begin?

The first recorded evidence of marriage ceremonies uniting one woman and one man dates from about 2350 B.C., in Mesopotamia. Over the next several hundred years, marriage evolved into a widespread institution embraced by the ancient Hebrews, Greeks, and Romans.

On 12/6/2021 at 4:57 AM, kimamey said:

It's not really that simple. My wife and I may not need a piece of paper to prove our relationship but often the government and other bodies do. 

My wife is a government employee and if I weren't married to her I wouldn't be entitled to healthcare. Also if she were to take an overseas post I couldn't go with her and I'm sure I don't need to explain the significance of marriage when applying for a visa.

Not only that, but what if one is in the hospital and need a treatment , but can not give permission?? or when one partner dies.. The other one can't claim the body and arrange a funeral... Both things can only be done by relatives and no legal status is no relative

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Not only that, but what if one is in the hospital and need a treatment , but can not give permission?? or when one partner dies.. The other one can't claim the body and arrange a funeral... Both things can only be done by relatives and no legal status is no relative

I've never looked into that but I suspect that you're correct and it's a good point.

23 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Both things can only be done by relatives and no legal status is no relative

I have seen these achieved by non relatives/ non-spouses, although permission was taken from them in the UK and the Embassy helped. Were able to arrange funeral and cremation. 

Nevertheless it is a consideration, and the difficulties one could leave behind be a strain and financial drain.