Thailand to miss out on 600k foreign arrivals target for Nov/Dec

webfact

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

The BS tourist number announcement just never stop, day after day after day year after year...........

The obsessive love of numbers in that country, often not having a clue what they actually mean!

Edited by gejohesch
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He now says that fears over the new variant WILL have an affect and Thailand will not get the 600,000 arrivals from abroad he was expecting in November and December.

It was never going to happen anyway.. just another of those TAT figures thrown out there to get the public happy.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Yutthasak Suphasorn still said that November arrivals were 130,000 and December would be "at least 300,000", as reported by Thai business media.

130 K in November

And another 300 K ( at least ) which will be closer to 150 K in December.

Its only a project numbers miss of nearly 55 %.

No Bank Manager would ever lend them money on any kind of Business Plan such as this.

3 hours ago, TheScience said:

Lots of sex addicts on the BTS now. Funny, they come all that way and risk much for nothing.

Often have a dusky, plump, unattractive Thai woman in tow.

All get off at Nana or lower Sukhumvit.

Flip flops, beach clothes in a big city. Spot them yards away.

GBH

yes see them to yesterday in siam square

46 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

A regular tourist is not a middle aged dude wanting to get his rocks off with a bargirl,

I would say most western tourists are exactly that.

If you add in the Full Moon Party western youngsters, that would be almost everyone accounted for that comes from the western world.

I'm not sure what the hordes of Chinese tourists come for.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If you add in the Full Moon Party western youngsters, that would be almost everyone accounted for that comes from the western world.

The hordes of Chinese come for the cheap seafood and exotic places that they can't find in China.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, khunPer said:

What a surprise...????

However, Thailand could have more arrivals - probably a lot more - than the have, if it was little less complicated to enter, I know that many give up because of that...????

Thailand should do the following to attract more people.

1. Remove the expensive covid test on arrival and one day quarantine. Change to the cheaper antigen test.

2. Remove the expensive health insurance or reduce to a more reasonable figure.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Well that's a valid point.

Maybe we need a distinction between tourist and visitor

The young come to party and take drugs. The old men come to have sex with young women they would no chance of having back home, God Bless capitalism and the power of $$!

The Chinese ain't coming back anytime  soon, since the whole country is locked down tighter than a drum

So yeah...fun times

• Like 1

7 hours ago, redwood1 said:

The BS tourist number announcement just never stop, day after day after day year after year...........

Good result number 1 they stop daily garbage 'Information.'

Number 2 good result this forum stops thinking we should be told.

Let them feel as pointless as they truly are.

7 hours ago, TheScience said:

Lots of sex addicts on the BTS now. Funny, they come all that way and risk much for nothing.

Often have a dusky, plump, unattractive Thai woman in tow.

All get off at Nana or lower Sukhumvit.

GBH

My wife in the west was plump unattractive, uncooperative and old.

In Thailand her not being old or uncooperative is a significant upgrade.

We're all living the dream!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

Seven days into December and I wonder if the tourist numbers are anywhere close to the projections that the Thai government spouts?  Probably much lower!  As was stated earlier, most of the arriving "tourists" are Thais travelling on other passports to visit family and their farang husbands that are with them.  Hardly tourists in the traditional use of the word.

"People were not put off going to Thailand not because of the situation in the kingdom but because of fear of lockdowns in their own countries and not being able to return after their holidays. "

Those planning a long haul holiday would have been planning/researching months ago but the rules at the time meant they would have had to quarantine for 7/10/14/? days, wear masks at all times (even on the beach), forgoe any nightlife such as bars, restaurants, nightclubs. Why bother?

Even today, Thailand is to all intents and purposes in lock down. Next summer might be better if they start opening up now and give assurances to holidaymakers - something they are unable to do.

Edited by Chelseafan

These figures where always a bit of a dream..  despite what he thinks the restrictions in Thailand are putting ppl off, thous along side with possible restrictions at your home country would have anyone second guessing if they should travel.

2 tests to get in and now for most places 2 to get home.. the prospect of trying to arrange a PCR test in Thailand before returning is just something that ppl can't be bothered with whilst trying to enjoy a holiday.

What a nightmare it would be if you tested positive 2 days before you should be traveling home...

Edited by Sanookmike
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, webfact said:

People were not put off going to Thailand not because of the situation in the kingdom but because of fear of lockdowns in their own countries and not being able to return after their holidays.

I am french and I don't fear not being able to return. Since the beginning of the pandemic french citizens were always allowed to come back. What I "fear" are restrictions, insurance, paperwork and even 1 night quarantine. When I go to Thailand it's always for 3 to 6 months.

• Like 1

I think Thailand has  done pretty well - Processed and approved my STV in less than 3 working days. Then the Thailand Pass was almost an instant approval. Of course I had a a day of files to scan, re-size, convert, merge and otherwise fiddle with, prior to the application.

I usually spend whole winters on Bali with visits to Thailand but the process for Bali, along with 5 and now 10  days quarantine, made that not just  unattractive but very difficult.

They make rods for their own backs with their projections but then I don't think even they take them that seriously. 

Edited by Oblomov
grammar

21 hours ago, TheScience said:

living almost surfside, I can get away with wearing anything ... ????  Fit right in with some of the silly outfits the locals wear.

Sandals, shorts, shirt and heavy flannel last night on the scooter.  Damn chilly after dinner & ice cream.

On Topic..as always, sometimes.   If they didn't pull them silly numbers out of the orifices, then they would be missing out on anything.

Without the silly predictions, they can't ask for higher budgets to accommodate all those folks that would arrive ... shh.

Running out of funds, hmm ... lets start a new excise tax, anything running on electric.  That should jumps start more EV sales ... ????

Another thread on that subject already started.

Edited by KhunLA