Thailand to miss out on 600k foreign arrivals target for Nov/Dec

webfact

On 12/7/2021 at 12:57 PM, TheScience said:

Lots of sex addicts on the BTS now. Funny, they come all that way and risk much for nothing.

Often have a dusky, plump, unattractive Thai woman in tow.

All get off at Nana or lower Sukhumvit.

Flip flops, beach clothes in a big city. Spot them yards away.

GBH

I feel for you, I really do!

With your impeccable sartorial, moral and pulchritudinous standards, having to suffer such ghastly visions when you venture onto the BTS!

Why not equip yourself with a sticker or badge which announces "I am better than you - I live here!"

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Haha 1

On 12/7/2021 at 12:57 PM, TheScience said:

Lots of sex addicts on the BTS now. Funny, they come all that way and risk much for nothing.

GBH

So you are a people watcher, everything you do in life is a wow to all the other people watchers, but ya know, that is a very strange hobby chum...????

54 minutes ago, transam said:

So you are a people watcher, everything you do in life is a wow to all the other people watchers, but ya know, that is a very strange hobby chum...????

If you say so chum.

Not much else to do in ten minutes. I guess I could have played some video games or watched TikTok.

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

I feel for you, I really do!

With your impeccable sartorial, moral and pulchritudinous standards, having to suffer such ghastly visions when you venture onto the BTS!

Why not equip yourself with a sticker or badge which announces "I am better than you - I live here!"

Butthurt much?

I actually wanted to travel outside of Thailand then back in but the expensive health insurance and 1 day quarantine is a deterrent.

Seems that Thailand won't get many tourists for the rest of the year, better luck next year.

Edited by EricTh

Problem is this whole discussion is based on a lie.

To many on here it's all about removing quarantine issues, far from it!

Surprise surprise, single middle aged men wanting sex isn't going to restart the tourism industry.

Regular folks from western countries seem to have settled in to vacations close to home, at least for now

The Chinese are locked down at home tighter than a drum, so that ain't happening.

Omicron, God knows what that gonna bring, but still a lot more letters in the Greek Alphabet!

6 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Overheard from the happy massage shops as well..... ????

I would suspect that the majority of the Maidens of Isaan have long since departed the massage shops back to the rice fields of home!

• Sad 1

On 12/7/2021 at 5:57 AM, TheScience said:

GBH

You make me wish I was on the BTS to Nana too. But being hansum man with sandals I would have a drop-dead gorgeous lady to tow around

23 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I would suspect that the majority of the Maidens of Isaan have long since departed the massage shops back to the rice fields of home!

Disagree--I ride my bike in CNX old city daily and still get the cat calls and hollers from the gals as I play hard to get....not easy being so hansum in the LOS ????

Much can be attributed to the current Thaipass approval process.

While some travelers can get very fast approval, due to their country having Vaccine QR codes, and also these QR codes approved by Thailand already. Almost exclusively these are EU travelers, with the addition of Singapore, if I recall correctly.

The rest have to suffer, a very very long Que of manual review. Currently it is taking much longer than the referenced 3-7 days. Then if an applicant makes an unfortunate error, say attaching the incorrect Insurance document, out of the 10 or 12 pages Insurance company sends you... the application is rejected outright. Then it's necessary to completely restart a new application after waiting 10-12 days, and they are back in the Que again for another 10-12 days.

I spent decades doing testing for new software/Web sites, etc.
There is so much that could very easily be modified to make this process much smoother.
Both the website, and the process. Would greatly reduce the work load, and increase review times.

The support email, and support numbers, is almost like hitting the lottery to get a response from, not to mention if someone from another country is on hold for hours, and then just gets little to no support.

They suggest contacting your local embassy, but this only results in the suggestion to go check your review status on the Thaipass website.

Probably many people just drop out, and go somewhere else, and Thailand is loosing out on a lot of revenue due to these problems. If the number of people apply that they thought would come, Thaipass would not be able to support this number of applications.

Within the last year, of covid, I have traveled to both Aruba, and Costa Rica.
Both also have a registration website, where they require a lot of similar information, but these are all approved when you register... there is nobody manually reviewing documents. All destination airports, know entry requirements for all countries, and very carefully review them before passengers are allowed to board; if they mess up, the airlines have to pay for any rejected tourists return flight home.

• Like 1