How do you fancy a bit of fun?

OneMoreFarang

30 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I felt the same. 

Of course, living in Bangers, visiting the occasional gogo was part of life, I always thought they were a money drain, I would rather go out to KSR or a club, it wasn't like I was going to take a girl home.

But, I was fascinated by the huge windowless boxes on the main drags in BKK. I only ever visited one once, Nancy, at the bottom of Suk 71. Before moving from BKK I had to give one a look. I looked it up on the interweb, and took a wander down in the afternoon, (they did a discount before 4.00 pm). It was interesting, there was the expected fishbowl, but the setting was more like a gentlemans lounge with a guy playing a grand piano in the corner. Plenty of middle aged Thai guys sitting in groups enjoying the afternoon. eating lunch, waiting for their favorite lady to appear. It was all rather civilized. You could pull the girls out of the fishbowl and have a drink and a chat, from what I remember, the food and drinks weren't over priced. There was no pressure or childish games from waiting staff, no constant nagging to bar fine the girls., etc. The girls were much better looking than your average gogo girl.

I won't go on, but yeah, interesting experience.

When i had a look, in Pattaya, a big one, maybe 50 girls,they all had long dresses and make up applied with a knife, just didn't suit me and walked out, very pro like in there

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And when I picked a girl to get a bath the first question from her in the room was if I agreed that she switches on the TV to continue watching the soap opera. TiT

Had exactly the same experience on my first trip to Thailand, so my first soapy visit was also my last.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

agogos are fun for a few drinks, i hope they come back in force. Soapies are a bit of a mystery, i looked in a couple and didn't like the set up plus difficult to talk to the ladies.

Personally i prefer thaifriendly, massage shops, and chance meetings

The point of soapies is that conversation is not necessary.

I think Chuwit is talking through his hat. People went to soapies for more than a happy ending.

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's a long time since I was in one of those soapy places. It seems like I picked the wrong time. All the girls were looking at the TV screen when I visited. And when I picked a girl to get a bath the first question from her in the room was if I agreed that she switches on the TV to continue watching the soap opera. TiT

My very first soapy was a disaster. I was on a bus tour from Singapore in '74 and on New Year's eve I went to one of the big soapy palaces in Bkk that looked like something in Las Vegas- big fountain outside and the building was huge. Paid for 3 hours, but all she cared about was getting done fast as possible so she could go to the big party being held outside. For a newbie, it was all a bit confusing.

Tried again ( same place ) many years later and it was a blast.

Stopped going after a few years as they were getting expensive.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My very first soapy was a disaster. I was on a bus tour from Singapore in '74 and on New Year's eve I went to one of the big soapy palaces in Bkk that looked like something in Las Vegas- big fountain outside and the building was huge. Paid for 3 hours, but all she cared about was getting done fast as possible so she could go to the big party being held outside. For a newbie, it was all a bit confusing.

Tried again ( same place ) many years later and it was a blast.

Stopped going after a few years as they were getting expensive.

So how much was a "bath" in such place in 74? 300THB?

• Haha 1

I love a good 2 hour oil massage & have a place I still occasionally go....I always get the same gal.... She's very attractive, in shape easy and fun to be around, friendly...Very attentive....

However, with C19 rearing it's ugly head I've stopped going....I can't see being in a closed, small room with someone that basically has NO say on who she's going to be very close to sharing air several hours of each day.... I'm vaxxed, but have no idea their status or the status of their constantly revolving clientele....Seems like a Covid version of Russian roulette....

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, malathione said:

Not a big fan of gogos anymore. The quality of the ladies seems to have declined steadily over the years.

Obviously it depends on the individual bars. But when it was still open Nana 3rd floor was pretty good.

The only other place with consistently lots of hot girls is Hooters. But I am pretty sure they don't have barfines...

hooters-bangkok-soi15-girls-doing-wai.jpg.666dd2d69aba0c65c13f6ea39db4f2ed.jpg

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Obviously it depends on the individual bars. But when it was still open Nana 3rd floor was pretty good.

The only other place with consistently lots of hot girls is Hooters. But I am pretty sure they don't have barfines...

I guess I'll give it a shot again once things are back up and running. Yeah, that's the big problem with Hooters! Used to be a whole lot easier back when I drank; maybe it wasn't that the girls were any prettier after all.

23 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Obviously we don't want to discuss any illegal activities here. So how do you like to meet sexy girls - i.e. to invite them to show them your stamp collection?

[ ... ]

How about you? Where do you like to meet girls? And why do you prefer whatever way you prefer?

Sh*t happens, in the always unbearable bright light of hindsight, I should have brought my stamp collection with me, instead of selling it before I moved to LOS...????

I don't fancy fish in glass bowls, but I however understand and appreciate the gogo-bar view, but for me it's more fun to see how the girls move in night clubs than glued to a silver pole, or even dance close with them at beach parties, of course decent without any kind of touch...????

45-IMG_0467.jpg.4f06ab723ab802f5fdaab5632a2bced8.jpg

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I always preferred the bars with girls, mainly for the flirting and romance.

Well worth the price of a couple of lady drinks, to have an attractive female pressing against me.

Flirting yes, romance, no.

22 hours ago, BritManToo said:

No need to take it any further. 

All the way + ????

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If you don't ask, you might never know it...????
I remember restaurant Bus Stop in soi 4 Nana - perhaps it's still there - with lots of nice girls taking order and serving food. One of the girls told me, that you could have the desert dish as take away...:whistling:

• Like 2