Masks with exhalation valves officially banned while traveling by aircraft in Thailand, CAAT reports

snoop1130

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Is your post just being sarcastic, or do you believe what you posted?  Masks do work at reducing the contact one has with the droplets of others.

All agreed but I have been waiting months for that. So obvious ( but so convenient to wear with a separate filter pad inside)  Sigh!!!!     Alibaba adverts always seem to say "not appropriate for viral protection," or something like that.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bdenner said:

I use quality masks BUT now we are approaching the cooler season my glasses are fogged up.

Although I have not flown for 2 years I'm sure it could be a problem.

What's the solution?

Try pulling your glasses away from your face a bit. Your breath won't go directly up to your glasses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Your opinion about masks not working is laughable.  I do agree people do not change and discard them as they should, calling mask wearing virtue signaling is also anti masker talk.  

I think mask wearing is great, but I have seen this too often when people wear the mask when they have to cough or sneeze they lift the mask. Waiting in the check out line in Tesco I was slimed by a very young beautiful girl behind me that lifted her mask and sneezed all this liquid on my arm. She did say sorry and the check out girl did have a towel to wipe it off. So my point is when the masks are use correctly their great but I see a lot of people misuse them or wear them on their chin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't believe much, if any ,of the droplets goes out those Exhalation valves. It's the droplets that the mask are supposed to prevent. 

Twenty years and they haven't imiproved the elctronics enough that you can still keep your radio or phone on in their planes.

1 minute ago, IAMHERE said:

I don't believe much, if any ,of the droplets goes out those Exhalation valves. It's the droplets that the mask are supposed to prevent. 

Twenty years and they haven't imiproved the elctronics enough that you can still keep your radio or phone on in their planes.

Radio? What's a radio? Is that some exciting new piece of technology?

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, bdenner said:

I use quality masks BUT now we are approaching the cooler season my glasses are fogged up.

What's the solution?

As long as your not the pilot... it shouldn't be a problem.????

1 minute ago, IAMHERE said:

Sometimes people cough or sneeze and I am certain droplets would be exhaled in numbers through these valves. As to aircraft, it is similar to why they use conventional heat ovens for the meals and not microwaves.... fear of how it might impact the multitudes of wiring and electronics.....

What's the solution?

...a better seal over your nose and under your eyes.

What's the solution?

Drink from the bottle?