Is it ok if I submit more than 1 Thailand pass applications, because I may have submitted a sub-optimal picture during the 1st application?

I may have submitted a sub-optimal picture during the 1st application (I'm unsure, I did it while very tired and the Thailand pass doesn't give a copy of one's application)

Is it ok if I submit more than another Thailand pass application, in case I messed up the first one?

Edited by user70
  • Confused 1

I didn't get a reply email when I submitted my first one because I used a hotmail email address. I then submitted a second a few days later. Got the confirmation email with that one, then the one that it had been approved.

Many other people put in more than one at the beginning due to teething problems.

• Like 1

I had to submit multiple applications for my family members because I was an early user. Now that the system has been up and running for some time, my recommendation to you depends upon when you're scheduled to depart for Thailand and the issue with the documents you submitted. If you only have a few days before your departure, I would attempt to apply again now. However, if you have a few weeks or more, then I would wait for a few days to see if your application is approved.

Which documents do you think was sub-optimal? If it was the passport photo, I wouldn't be too worried so long as the text was readable. For example, the passport photos I initially provided included part of the US signature page. They updated the system to specifically indicate that only the first page of the passport should be used. However, the initial application for my wife and daughter were approved despite this non-conforming photo.

If the important text on any of the documents you submitted is unreadable, then go ahead and resubmit. Note that when I resubmitted for my son, the previous access code became invalid. I also couldn't resubmit too soon (24 hours?) after the previous submittal. 

44 minutes ago, user70 said:

Thanks!

How quickly?

The first time, when I used the Hotmail address, I waited three or four days, but heard nothing. As I only had about eight or nine days to go to my departure, and reading that there was a problem with hotmail addresses, I reapplied using a googlemail address. 

With this one I quickly received the confirmation email.  The one with approval and my QR code came about four days later.

Not sure how long things are taking now, but with Christmas and New Year upon us, and more people travelling, there might be some delays.

Then again, they might have got their act together.

Hope all goes well.

19 hours ago, phetphet said:

The first time, when I used the Hotmail address, I waited three or four days, but heard nothing. As I only had about eight or nine days to go to my departure, and reading that there was a problem with hotmail addresses, I reapplied using a googlemail address. 

With this one I quickly received the confirmation email.  The one with approval and my QR code came about four days later.

Not sure how long things are taking now, but with Christmas and New Year upon us, and more people travelling, there might be some delays.

Then again, they might have got their act together.

Hope all goes well.

Where did you read that there was a problem with hotmail addresses? I'm not denying this since I had a similar problem./ I'd really like to know. Thanks.

18 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Where did you read that there was a problem with hotmail addresses? I'm not denying this since I had a similar problem./ I'd really like to know. Thanks.

Hotmail are not to be trusted, emails in my archives are constantly just disappearing.

This has been going on for years so I send the really important ones to my Yahoo account and they never go missing.

• Like 1