Lubricant for plugs and sockets

CMoldie

OK, I know this is pretty trivial compared to most topics on here. I have a number of sockets in the house that are pretty stiff when it comes to inserting/removing a plug. I have cleand the plugs, which helps a bit, but not much. I need to us a lubricant on the prongs of the plugs.

What should I use? An ordinary general purpose lubricant like WD40, or maybe something conducting (graphite based for example).

Thanks for your input.

Silicone does not conduct electricity , neither does teflon .

What do you mean exactly , Thai plugs in Thai sockets , or Euro plugs in Thai sockets ? Is it some kind of safety plug ( some barrier in the way of inserting the plug)?

when its non child protection , open the plug , make it a bit wider . ps i never have seen anything like that in Thailand , It is never ever too small , all the time they get lose .

When it is the child protection , you might try with a bit of lube , but certainly not too much . , and rather open it , and put it directly on the child protection then on the socket itself .

Otherwise , i would change the connectors . TBH , it is cheap cost , takes longer to go buy them and replace then the price they cost , but make sure you choose a good brand . I got Bticino , but i heard Panasonic very good also . Stay away from cheap Thai brands , its only a couple of 10 baht difference but the difference in connecting the wires and the connectors inside is a world of difference ( i did try it for a extra socket , never again....)

• 1 month later...